Qld - Mini Case Swap April 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to the chappo family for having me I had an awsome time,Meeting every one in the flesh so many top blokes that love the same thing,BEER,chappo your a great host I hope every one behaved .
Dont worry the clutch is all right shuttering a little finally got rid of the smell,stinky,
I think next swap incider needs more photos as there wasnt enough of him hahahahah.

catch up soon my American brown is fresh in the bottle too.

Just threw my cube and yeast into the fermenter, well its definately chocolate. Only got 1062 in 17.5L though. hope the yeast eats away some of that cocoa I am thinking maybe a bit of roast barley could have been added. Cant wait too see how this one turns out :super:

One of yours is in the fridge for tomorrow Chappo.

Brad

WooHoo!

Oh shit, that reminds me :ph34r:

And how did I guess? <_<

Anyone happen to find my thermometer, dodgy lookin but fantastic stick one with metal backing. Cant seem to find it. On the upside found 60g of E.K. Goldings in the glovebox this arvo. Its the backbone of my brewery, if I've lost it then there goes my brewerys bling factor :lol: . Could be a good excuse to buy a MM dial though ;) .

Brad

Mate haven't seen as yet but I will keep an eye out for it when I attemp to finish cleaning up the brewery tonight.

Cheers

Chappo

Hi Chappo,
I don;t think you got my last message still no worries Thanks for a great brew day learnt a lot on the day, had a great time, Great Beers.
You must of all been well gone by the end of the night, i was struggling by the time i went . Have to arrange to pick up the cube
some time. Thanks again,

Gary

No worries Gary! Ya cubes safe and sound. I lost ya number in me phone but figured you would eventually want your share of the booty at some stage. Have mobile on so call me tonight and we can organise the exchange.

Cheers

Chappo

Alright guys I've tried a coupla swappers

Savs Hef

Chappos DF Ale

Who else has done a testing??

Who owns the PET bottle with #26 written in white marker on the lid? Who ever you are your first off the rank... be posting report in half hour... Bwahahahaha! :p

Who owns the PET bottle with #26 written in white marker on the lid? Who ever you are your first off the rank... be posting report in half hour... Bwahahahaha! :p

That would be Nicks Lucky Dip...

I have gotten around to trying Sav's Hefe - I must say I was pretty darn impressed! It was pretty bright on the first pour, although once the bottle conditioned yeast go mixed through in subsequent pours it clouded up pretty nicely. The nose was pretty spot on, some banana and a hint of cloves present but nothing too dominant or out of place. The taste was brilliant too - the phenols and esters from the yeast were working the palate beautifully and it was a very refreshing and tasty drop. Good work there Sav! :beer:
I know Sully and Brad have said that their brews will need some more time in the bottle, but is everyone else's beers ready to go now? I know mine is, but be prepared to taste something unlike anything you have ever tasted before! :ph34r: :icon_drunk:
Cheer, GG

yep the randomly numbered PETs are mine.. No time to label!

It's a Nelson Sauvin Pils, the same one some of you sampled on the day.

Cheers

Hey Chappo,

Thanks for your hospitality last weekend. Learnt a hell of a lot! My brain was smoking by the time I left (actually, maybe it was the booze). Hopefully next time Ill have some homebrews that I can share. Disappointed I had to leave early, Looks like I missed out on a fun night.

Great to meet you all.

Muay

Well the choc stout is now in the keg and is tasting quite good but I think it should be better in 2 weeks. 1063 to 1016 This one should last

Brad

Who's beer is from the So...Buttons Brewery?

Just cracked that beer, and the first whiff was *BOOM* Ginger!

Not a massive Ginger Beer fan (nor a Ginger Hair Fan - no offense Sully :p), but this has nice blend of Ginger and malt...very nice :)

Cheers

Also, Chappo - tried you Golden Ale last night, Farking beautiful mate! You'll have to send me the recipe, else I come around and mash your lifeless body into a XXXX Gold Clone...ahem

:ph34r:

Cheers!! :p

Who's beer is from the So...Buttons Brewery?

Just cracked that beer, and the first whiff was *BOOM* Ginger!

Not a massive Ginger Beer fan (nor a Ginger Hair Fan - no offense Sully :p ), but this has nice blend of Ginger and malt...very nice :)

Cheers

I am sure that would be GravityGuru's Blue Healer NickB.

Holy crap this was nearly 8 years ago.

Got a few laughs in my lunch break.

Latest posts

Back