Qld Xmas-in-july Case Swap 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate I've got an old shitter I picked up from ebay for cheap.

It's yours if you want it, just needs a scrub and it's good to go.

Then you'd have no excuse ;)

Cheers,

GT

Dude, is your old shitter still going (pun intended this time)?

And can I have it? Purleese?

:huh:

Added to list. May try something with Citra hops.

Swap list.
1. Chappo - Trappist
2. Gavo - Maybe a Klsch? (About to try one for my next brew)
3. BribieG - SuperLandlord
4. Bradsbrew. - Imperial Stout
5. PocketBeers - Vanilla Stout methinks
6. Browndog - American Browndog Ale
7. Scruffy - Something with chilli perhaps? Or perhaps just a good strong pale... on the sweet side...
8. kram - I've got 6 months to relearn how to make a beer, so beer it is
9. Stillscottish - Innis and Gunn Knockoff?
10. Winkle - Tootin' Saison (a dark 'regal' saison ~7%)
11. Sully - Choc Choc Stout.
12. scoundrel_rogue - either a chimay blue knock off or a bavarian wheat. needs tweaking
13. NickB - Beer (maybe)
14. DKS - Undecided Citra
15. geoff_tewierik - Dopplebock.
16. Daemon - Vanilla Porter.
21.Clean Brewer - Beer(Barleywine?????)
23. Snow - mmmmm....beer....
24. Ross - ????

Attending but not swapping

1. Batz (work permitting...not a good time of the year ) Plus a party keg of something from the Cave
2. TidalPete
3. Bonj
4. mossyrocks
[/quote]

Well I've started the ferment on my case swap offering... Called it Chappo's Triple Trubbel. It Looked fantastic but the aroma while it was on the boil was to die for. The picture is of the first runnings and it ran clear to the last drop. Check out the deep coppery colour. Also added 2.1kgs of belgian Amber candy sugar :icon_drool2: . All fingers crossed but this is going to be a cracking beer and at an est ABV 9.5-11% depending on attenuation should nicely kick you up the clacker. :super:

Chap Chap

SANY0052_1_.JPG

Well I've started the ferment on my case swap offering... Called it Chappo's Triple Trubbel. It Looked fantastic but the aroma while it was on the boil was to die for. The picture is of the first runnings and it ran clear to the last drop. Check out the deep coppery colour. Also added 2.1kgs of belgian Amber candy sugar :icon_drool2: . All fingers crossed but this is going to be a cracking beer and at an est ABV 9.5-11% depending on attenuation should nicely kick you up the clacker. :super:

Chap Chap

Nice!

Since Batz has organised pizzas for his shebang, her-in-doors wants to do a bunch of curries, adobos etc. (with probable pizza back-up supplies).
Sound ok?

What about everyone bring a home grown specialty curry and we just do a massive pot of rice? Everyone do a condiment as well like naan bread, sweet mango chutney, sliced bannana with coconut, popadums etc?

I'll do my eye watering, nose bleeding, ear popping and sphincter clenching goat vindaloo :)

Swap list.
1. Chappo - Trappist
2. Gavo - Maybe a Klsch? (About to try one for my next brew)
3. BribieG - SuperLandlord
4. Bradsbrew. - Imperial Stout
5. PocketBeers - Vanilla Stout methinks
6. Browndog - American Browndog Ale
7. Scruffy - Something with chilli perhaps? Or perhaps just a good strong pale... on the sweet side...
8. kram - I've got 6 months to relearn how to make a beer, so beer it is
9. Stillscottish - Innis and Gunn Knockoff?
10. Winkle - Tootin' Saison (a dark 'regal' saison ~7%)
11. Sully - Choc Choc Stout.
12. scoundrel_rogue - either a chimay blue knock off or a bavarian wheat. needs tweaking
13. NickB - Beer (maybe)
14. DKS - Undecided Citra
15. geoff_tewierik - Dopplebock.
16. Daemon - Vanilla Porter.
19. Paulwolf - probably schwartzbier
21.Clean Brewer - Beer(Barleywine?????)
23. Snow - mmmmm....beer....
24. Ross - ????

Attending but not swapping

1. Batz (work permitting...not a good time of the year ) Plus a party keg of something from the Cave
2. TidalPete
3. Bonj
4. mossyrocks

Since Batz has organised pizzas for his shebang, her-in-doors wants to do a bunch of curries, adobos etc. (with probable pizza back-up supplies).
Sound ok?

Big batch of Gaeng Hanglay Gai. MMMM :icon_drool2:

I will be throwing the imperial stout in the fermenter tuesday and will be using the wyeast Pacman. Will also be adding inverted sugar on day 2,3,4 of fermentation. This should have it ready to crack for winter.

Brad

I can do a pretty wicked Malasian Red curry that I would be happy to bring along.

cheers

Browndog

Might have to retitle this thread to "Xmas-in-July Case&Curry Swap" :)

Might have to retitle this thread to "Xmas-in-July Case&Curry Swap" :)

Sounds great Perry, looking forward to this Beer and Curry night, pitty the shitter in the morning though hehe...

"NEVER trust a fart"

Maybe we need to spring for the hire of a portaloo? Can't imagine your shitter coping with 30 brewers who have been on the sauce and curry the night before very well the next moring. It'll take 6 months to get rid of the stench and you will probably be required to repaint it.

mr-hankey-howdy-ho4.jpg

Maybe we need to spring for the hire of a portaloo? Can't imagine your shitter coping with 30 brewers who have been on the sauce and curry the night before very well the next moring. It'll take 6 months to get rid of the stench and you will probably be required to repaint it.

mr-hankey-howdy-ho4.jpg

I'd chip in for that.

I was thinking the same thing.
The dreaded morning queue of increasingly anxious faces.

Back