Qld Xmas case Swap 2014- 6 Dec

• Thread starter bradsbrew
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need to stop the QA now!

English Bitter keg

DSC_0879.JPG

DSC_0883.JPG

angus_grant said:
Hadn't planned on bringing them. I suppose I have to redeem myself from my efforts at the last swap...

Alright alright, enough with the peer pressure: I'll bring my bagpipes along as well. Will even try and get in some practice this week so I can play something apart from Amazing Grace... he he
Brad, you better get busy on the toilet signs

image.jpg

SWAP BEERS ARE TO BE IN 740ml PET PLASTIC BOTTLES ONLY[/background][/size][/font][/color]
1. Earle - red wheat saison (swapping but not attending)

2. Beersuit - Bretted Farmhouse IPA

3. Liam_s - Schwarzbier
4. Bradsbrew - Hazelnut Rocky Road Porter
6. tazman1967 Brett Saison
7. Parks - Motueka Lager
8. madpierre06 - Biggus Dikkus American Cream Ale
9. Seehuusen - Aussie Summer Saison
10. Winkle - probably a hefeweizen since I've missed the timeframe for the UXB. Will bring the Apricot sour keg along.
11. Angus - Sarcasm Wit
14. Meno - Twin Galaxy Blonde & Sahara Nirvana Golden Ale - now bottled and set aside.
16.hwall95 - Springtime Saison
17.Robv - beer
18.benken25. burn down the barn (rauchbier saison)
19.Eagleburger- Five Elements
20. BPH87 - Schwarzbier (Not attending)
21. Aydos - an AIPA with 500g of hops.
22. HBHB - 13% abv Russian Imperial Stout hopped to 91IBU with Marynka Polish Hops
23. Ballantyne Brew - Shirt Front IPA]

Going but not swapping
kegs23
TidalPete --- Eye of Sauron Rye Saison 6.3% ABV + nibbles of something or other
Florian
Ciderman
[background=rgb(247,247,247)]NickB (Tentative)
[/quote]

Jesus but this is looking to be an epic night, just don't have all the fun before I get there boys - I won't be able to make it until after 6pm.

Harry/Hwall95 has kindly offered to bring my swap beers + gear in with him earlier so my end of the swap can happen while everyone is still pretty lucid. I'll just need somewhere undercover to set up my inflatable mistress - I mean mattress when I get there if that's alright, as my tent is currently AWOL.

Sorry to say that I've no keg system here, I was just going to pack my esky with a dozen or so tallies of my best to share, if that sounds like enough?

I also have a mate who's interested in coming if that's allowed. I can see to it he doesn't come empty-handed...

Sorry 'bout all the questions guys - I've never been to one of the things before and don't want to inadvertently make some kinda faux pas at my first meeting...

HBHB said:
Brad, you better get busy on the toilet signs
The beauty is you can go to either toilet if you're charming enough. Which Im not..

Not wearing my kilt to this event. Way too high a chance of damage...

And not that anyone will be too bothered but my brother isn't coming along. He had some work problems come up

I'm kegging a dark English mild (3.5%) tomorrow so I'll most likely bring that along. Don't own a portable keg charger or picnic tap so I guess I'll be bringing the cyclinder, reg and proper tap along... My first mild and kegging attempt so would be great to get some feedback.

Will bring a few bottles aslong as well to share around. Should we a good arvo and night.

I'll be bringing my 6kg cylinder so there will be plenty of gas Togo around. Check out the pics from previous swaps for ideas to keep your beer cold & mount the tap etc

Liam_snorkel said:
I'll be bringing my 6kg cylinder so there will be plenty of gas Togo around. Check out the pics from previous swaps for ideas to keep your beer cold & mount the tap etc
I'll bring along a spare bronco just in case he's it's needed.

Alf.png

SWAP BEERS ARE TO BE IN 740ml PET PLASTIC BOTTLES ONLY[/background][/size][/font][/color]
3. Liam_s - Schwarzbier
7. Parks - Motueka Lager
10. Winkle - probably a hefeweizen since I've missed the timeframe for the UXB. Will bring the Apricot sour keg along.
11. Angus - Sarcasm Wit
14. Meno - Twin Galaxy Blonde & Sahara Nirvana Golden Ale - now bottled and set aside.
17.Robv - beer
22. HBHB - 13% abv Russian Imperial Stout hopped to 91IBU with Marynka Polish Hops

Going but not swapping
kegs23
Florian
Ciderman
[background=rgb(247,247,247)]NickB (Tentative
SAV Party keg of ALT, And a PORTER in soft bag for the angram, I will bring the rocket for randle. Plus food.

What food do you need suggestions. Keen too meet up to those I haven't met.

Finally got around to bottling my swap beer smells very fruity. Gunna bring some beer sausage and cheese for nibbles and some mushrooms for breaky.

I'll be bringing a keg or two of whatever I've got and Some miscellaneous snacks.

Is there a stereo? I've got a little portable digital radio thing which should be adequate that people can plug things into

SWAP BEERS ARE TO BE IN 740ml PET PLASTIC BOTTLES ONLY[/background][/size][/font][/COLOR]
3. Liam_s - Schwarzbier
7. Parks - Motueka Lager
11. Angus - Sarcasm Wit
17.Robv - Dark american wheat ( may not be able to attend but swapping)

Going but not swapping
kegs23
Florian
Ciderman
[background=rgb(247,247,247)]NickB (Tentative
SAV Party keg of ALT, And a PORTER in soft bag for the angram, I will bring the rocket for randle. Plus food.

Updated with beer style

Not much beer to choose from these days, will bring the only full keg I have on hand which started out to be a Crown Golden Ale copy thingy (don't laugh, FIL's new favourite).

Might also for the very first time not stay over night as I have a work-ish christmas party at freakin' Bounce early the next day. Doesn't really work with a hang over unfortunately.

Perry, don't forget to bring that traditional Venga Boys CD that Stillscottish conveniently forgot behind your stereo about 3 years ago.

Beersuit said:
No ringer stinger Liam?
I actually had 1/2 of the keg left from July and only just emptied it (too hot to drink) but I salvaged 2 riggers of it and will bring those :)

Liam_snorkel said:
I'll be bringing a keg or two of whatever I've got and Some miscellaneous snacks.
Is there a stereo? I've got a little portable digital radio thing which should be adequate that people can plug things into
Will see what I can I can find, got an old scool stereo cd player in the paint workshop will see it takes aux in.

I am so ******* jealous :angry:

First X-mas case swap I've missed. Ever.

The cocktails at my wife's X-mas party better be extremely alcoholic..... <_<

Back