Qld Xmas case Swap 2014- 6 Dec *tasting thread*

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parks said:
Brad froze my beer.
No Park's, Brad rescued your beer! I still have my original swap beer in my case. Pretty sure you put this one in the freezer last night after we finished boxing the beers. Don't you remember? :lol:

1. Earle - red wheat saison - GIVE IT ANOTHER WEEK OR SO TO FINISH CARBING
2. Beersuit - Bretted Farmhouse IPA Drink in 2 weeks. Pour gently
3. Liam_s - Schwarzbier - DRINK IMMEDIATELY
4. Bradsbrew - Hazelnut Rocky Road Porter-DRINK NOW
6. tazman1967 Brett Saison -Another week, pour carefully.
7. Parks - Motueka Lager - DRINK NOW best served cold
8. madpierre06 - Biggus Dikkus American Cream Ale - GIVE TWO WEEKS, ALSO CHECK THE BOTTLE COLLAR BEFORE OPENING AS WHEN CUTTING OFF OLD CAP COLLARS I NICKED THE RIM ON A COUPLE I THINK AND SLICED MY FINGER OPEN
9. Seehuusen - Aussie Summer Saison - Ready to drink now
10. Winkle - hefeweizen - DRINK NOW
11. Angus - Sarcasm Wit
14. Meno - Twin Galaxy Blonde &/or Sahara Nirvana Golden Ale - READY NOW, DRINK WHENEVER.
16 .hwall95 - What'd you Saison? - Drink now or let it age, it's up to you
17. Robv - Dark american wheat - READY NOW
18. benken25. burn down the barn (rauchbier saison)
19. Eagleburger- Five Elements
20. BPH87 - Schwarzbier
21. Aydos - an AIPA with 500g of hops. - READY TO DRINK NOW NICE AND FRESH. POUR GENTLY AS IT WAS BOTTLES CONDITIONED.
22. HBHB - 13% abv Russian Imperial Stout hopped to 91IBU with Marynka Polish Hops - DRINK WHENEVER -SLOWLY
23. Ballantyne Brew - Shirt Front IPA - couple of weeks to carb. Bottled 2/12/14

Now you mention it I do recall something like that [emoji16]

Sent using TapaTalk

Tastes sensational, pretty flat though. More going on that the usual banana/clove thing, I'm getting mango and pear. Perfect except I wish I had a carbonator cap! ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1417932524.482948.jpg

Drinking Winkles now and agree with Liam. It is a little flat. But taste wise is very nice.

tazman1967 said:
4. Bradsbrew - Hazelnut Rocky Road Porter-DRINK NOW
8. madpierre06 - Biggus Dikkus American Cream Ale - GIVE TWO WEEKS, ALSO CHECK THE BOTTLE COLLAR BEFORE OPENING AS WHEN CUTTING OFF OLD CAP COLLARS I NICKED THE RIM ON A COUPLE I THINK AND SLICED MY FINGER OPEN
11. Angus - Sarcastic Wit. - drink now
14. Meno - Twin Galaxy Blonde &/or Sahara Nirvana Golden Ale - READY NOW, DRINK WHENEVER.
20. BPH87 - Schwarzbier
21. Aydos - an AIPA with 500g of hops. - READY TO DRINK NOW NICE AND FRESH. POUR GENTLY AS IT WAS BOTTLES CONDITIONED.
22. HBHB - 13% abv Russian Imperial Stout hopped to 91IBU with Marynka Polish Hops - DRINK WHENEVER -SLOWLY
23. Ballantyne Brew - Shirt Front IPA - couple of weeks to carb. Bottled 2/12/14

4. Bradsbrew - Hazelnut Rocky Road Porter-DRINK NOW or wait a week or two out of the fridge, should help to make it tastes like it smells
20. BPH87 - Schwarzbier

3. Liam_s - Schwarzbier
Pours dark in the glass with some nice red highlight when held up to the light. Good dark malt aroma on the nose. Drinks smooth with hints of chocolate nice dry finish.
Good beer mate very sessionable.

Nice colour, holds a good head. Light belgian yeasty aroma slightly saison-esque, taste follows, a bit of coriander, good body not too dry. Feel like chucking in a slice of orange.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1417937604.943912.jpg

Found a yeast slug!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1417937642.530259.jpg

9. Seehuusen - Aussie Summer Saison
Very lively carbonation so much so that the head bellowed out of the glass. Once it was rested enough to get to the beer it tastes quite nice. Good hop flavour ballanced with a subdued yeast character. Nice dry quaffer.

Pours dark brown/ deep red, citrusy and slightly roast aroma. Tastes hoppy, good carbonation and balanced bitterness. I keep going back for a sniff, the aroma is nice

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1417942289.264959.jpg

Hell, are you boys drinking again already? I don;t think I'll be able to look a beer in the eye for another few days after last night :party:

There was a hint. How did you add them? In my last wit is added 1/2 an orange peel (no pith) tithe cube and it was really noticeable, maybe too much.

3. Liam_s - Schwarzbier

Dude this beer is great. Very clean chocolate aroma, taste is a nice burnt chocolate with a full tasting malt presence. Body is nice and light, carbonation is near on perfect. Really enjoying this one mate, I could easily drink this all night.

Ahem.... I thought we had lemons and limes at home so was going to add zest in last 10 mins of boil.

Instead I had to add lemon and lime juice. Prob should have held off and dry-hopped zest in fermenter.

7. Parks - Motueka Lager

I didn't go over the top with chilling this one down, I just threw it in the fridge to chill for a few hours. Poured with a nice thick head and good carbonation. The hops were very evident in the aroma. Full bodied flavour with the hops really shining through. There was also a sweet malty flavour to help balance out the hops. Overall a very nice drop mate!

Back