Qld Xmas Case Swap 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xmas in November Swap Dates - all saturdays

• Saturday the 1st

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday the 8th

• Saturday the 15th

• Saturday the 22nd

• Saturday the 29th

• I don't give a damn - I'm coming anyway!

• Total voters
um (insert cool beer name here) is finished brewing as of tody will begin bottling. will attempt to make a couple more this week.

Doing the swap beer (Tripel) and a keg of the AIPA that got 1st in the QABC for over the bar this weekend.

cheers

Browndog

Might have to bring a fruit beer, probably acerola since blueberrys are freakin expensive and I can't find any rosellas <_<

Might have to bring a fruit beer, probably acerola since blueberrys are freakin expensive and I can't find any rosellas <_<
Put out some birdseed...

I was seriously considering dropping out as between the ANHC and various November stuff I was thinking that a swap beer was going to be hard to fit in. I really don't like bottling anymore...But it looks like I will have some time to throw down something and I have generously decided to forgo a saison or belgian something,which was the plan, for my own consumption purposes to brew something for the swap.

I think I'll hit you with another version of the sour orange..

I'm planning on another pilsner too, my first without NZ hops, well, without much NZ hops, which may or may not be around for consumption on the day.
I'll be bringing mini kegs of whatever is on tap at the time.

Shyte.... need to brew my beer! Need to decide what it's gonna be first! All going to plan I'll have a keg of either NS Lager or a RauchBier to bring along... I'm thinking an APA is the go due to the time till the swap. And with plans to attend Oktoberfest this Sat, I'm not sure if I'll be brewing this week at all!

Aaarrgh!!!

Cheers

Put out some birdseed...

I was seriously considering dropping out as between the ANHC and various November stuff I was thinking that a swap beer was going to be hard to fit in. I really don't like bottling anymore...But it looks like I will have some time to throw down something and I have generously decided to forgo a saison or belgian something,which was the plan, for my own consumption purposes to brew something for the swap.

HTFU

Bugger - I'll only be there for the swap, my mates 60th b'day is on that night (talk about inconsiderate) but I'll hang around for a few hours - probably drinking mild (could be far worse) :rolleyes:
Somebody else will have to slam dance with Sqyre this time.

Just put down my swap beer last night. It's a version of Asher's Green Tea Rice Lager. First time I've done it all-grain, so I'm hoping it will be nice for you guys. Using the Swiss Lager yeast, it should be well lagered before the swap :)

Sqyre, I'll be bringing at least 1 keg with a brumby tap if you can fit it in your MAN-esky. If there's no room, I can bring a temprite instead - just let me know.

Cheers - Snow.

ps - here's a gratuitous piggie shot.....
AHB_pig.jpg

as this wold be my first swap/meeting it'd be great if i could get there but currently don't have any wheels, and my jetpack seems to be on the fritz. if i could sneak a lift of some one that would be really great can chip in for fuel etc.. wouldn't want me not to be there miss out on all the hazing fun :p

p.s. i live on the north side of brisbane (everton park)

QUOTE (sqyre @ Oct 10 2008, 07:17 PM)
Batz has joined the swap list....

Sqyre...
A wheatie in glass.

So does that make it 25 in the swap now?

- Snow

Sqyre, I'll be bringing at least 1 keg with a brumby tap if you can fit it in your MAN-esky. If there's no room, I can bring a temprite instead - just let me know.
Cheers - Snow.

I'm sure we can sqeeze you in the man-esky..
Hurry guys!!! only room for 14 more kegs!!!! :p

Sqyre.. :D

EDIT: its still 24 Snow.. a couple dropped out..

Wayne asked me to contribute a few bottles of my 'finest' to give you QLDers a taste of some SA beer.

I was a tad reluctant at first as i suspected they wouldnt actually make it to the swap........ tis a long thirsty drive after all.

Will be giving him the last 2 bottles of the batch of Golden Ale that scored 46/50 in ANAWBS for you lot to share and send back any comments you may have. Judges comments are all well and good but feedback from your peers is priceless IMO.

Enjoy!

DrSmurto

Thanks Mate, look forward to sampling it on the night!!! :chug:
If it makes it that is... :blink:

Sqyre... :party:

Holy snapping hop flowers !

To have this ready in time (off to fix your stinky power stations for a while) I may have to bottle what I have ready to keg....know what I mean?

You guys like a Scottish or a Far Kin Ale (Aussie Ale)

Batz

I'm sure we can sqeeze you in the man-esky..
Hurry guys!!! only room for 14 more kegs!!!! :p

Sqyre.. :D

EDIT: its still 24 Snow.. a couple dropped out..

I'll have a keg for the man esky too, but will be able to use the upgraded version of my temprite/miracle box by then if needs be.......

Swap beer , Holy Schizer may have to change from dark lager to dark ale and brew this weekend. Kram's doin the Schwarzbier anyway :p

PB

Is the Far Kin your house ale? I'd be keen on that!

It is but it does change a little,not a lot,just a bit here and there.

Batz

i dont think i will be able to do a swap beers guys, at least not one worth of feeding you... just running oyut of time.. and i will be away for a month over xmas so all the beers that need to be drank fresh will sit there and have to wait..

i will still be coming along and i'll bring a keg or 2 and a broncoo tap

Put down the swap beer last night. Fermenting away nicely now.
Going to be a very beery last 3 months of the year I think.
Conference, camping, case swaps, christmas parties.
Awesome.

Back