Qld Xmas Case Swap 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xmas in November Swap Dates - all saturdays

• Saturday the 1st

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday the 8th

• Saturday the 15th

• Saturday the 22nd

• Saturday the 29th

• I don't give a damn - I'm coming anyway!

• Total voters
Flown in? Nice.

When are our flights? They better be first class!

Purdy Adelaide boyz:

0,,2007121290,00.gif

I was having a beer up in the shed yesterday just dreaming about all the kegs of lovely beers that will be at the swap..
There will be a few guys that have thier "miracle box's" or "keg esky's"..
but there is also a heap that dont who would probably like to bring a keg but couldnt be bothered with the hassle of finding an esky that fits kegs, mounting taps, gas, etc.

When a "cunning plan" popped into my head...
Turns out my semi-completed fermentation box/esky/fridge.... . thing can hold about 15 kegs. . .
If i knock up a simple wooden collar for the top and drill some holes everyone can throw thier kegs in and we can fill it up with ice.. B)
Just need to bring a fridge mount tap, or hang a picnic tap out of the hole...

I'm sure a few blokes will have some spare taps and disconnects floating around somewhere..
i think i have 3 or 4 old twist handle taps somewhere just a bit short on disconnects...and a few gas manifolds would be handy...

I will have it here anyway... just let me know if anyone is interested...and we will work it out.. :icon_cheers:

DSCF5804.JPG DSCF5793.JPG

Sqyre...

I was having a beer up in the shed yesterday just dreaming about all the kegs of lovely beers that will be at the swap..
but there is also a heap that dont who would probably like to bring a keg but couldnt be bothered with the hassle of finding an esky that fits kegs, mounting taps, gas, etc.

Turns out my semi-completed fermentation box/esky/fridge.... . thing can hold about 15 kegs. . .
If i knock up a simple wooden collar for the top and drill some holes everyone can throw thier kegs in and we can fill it up with ice.. B)

I'm sure a few blokes will have some spare taps and disconnects floating around somewhere..
i think i have 3 or 4 old twist handle taps somewhere just a bit short on disconnects...and a few gas manifolds would be handy...

I will have it here anyway... just let me know if anyone is interested...and we will work it out.. :icon_cheers:

View attachment 21716 View attachment 21717

Sqyre...

Cool :super: , but I'll probably just bring my dalek.

Sounds like a good excuse to drag one of the old bladders up to QLD! I'll bring one of those plastic dongers to hang over the lip! :eek:

Hope it doesn't get too warm on the trip up there... ehh

I love you Sqyre. I really do man. That's awesome! :wub:

i might consider bringing a keg too. if i can be bothered to brew something...

on another note, is someone available to give me a man-lift to and from the swap? after the July swap, i have concluded that it takes about 48-72 hours for me to sober up. i live in Big-Penis-Ville (otherwise known as Carindale), and would be ready any time on the saturday.

anyone but incider... last time i got into a car with him... well...
14.JPG

Lobby

View attachment 21716 View attachment 21717

Sqyre...

Sqyre, I love your work!!!!
But, Where/How are you going to get the ice from????
I've got a big arse esky as well (off a trawler and holds about 8 kegs) and the cheapest way to buy ice for that bad boy is bulk. If we all were willing to chip in a few bucks I would be happy to organize a trip to the ice work before coming up to your place.
Will need to give the ice works a call of course, let me know what you think.
I also have or can get my hands on 2 x two tap miracle boxes if you want them.

Jay

Sqyre, I love your work!!!!
But, Where/How are you going to get the ice from????
I've got a big arse esky as well (off a trawler and holds about 8 kegs) and the cheapest way to buy ice for that bad boy is bulk. If we all were willing to chip in a few bucks I would be happy to organize a trip to the ice work before coming up to your place.
Will need to give the ice works a call of course, let me know what you think.
I also have or can get my hands on 2 x two tap miracle boxes if you want them.

Jay

I will just grab 8-12 bags of ice from woolies...
depending how much we will need.. All good... :icon_cheers:
The will have a partion i can put in to make the area smaller if needed..
If you can keep your kegs cold in transit we shouldn't have any issues..

Its only when Incider rocks up with a 38 degree steaming half fermented ******* Ale, still in the fermenter thats been left in the back seat in the sun the whole trip from north woop-woop and he wants chill it down to "serving temp"...is when we will have a problem. :rolleyes:

Sqyre.. ;)

Far out, I'm gonna have to pull out. Sorry guys. Was looking forward to this then the X-mas work party invitation just got dropped on my desk, 29th November. F$%@!

I raised a few heads when I blurted out "******* HELL" after seeing the date on the invitation.

Back