Full Pint: Brew Supplies

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spiesy said:
Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the kind words.

Which Maris Otter are you after, Simpsons or Thomas Fawcett?
We have stock of both, but we don't lists sacks for sale on the site.

Next Bulk Buy is probably still a month or so away, but let me know what you're after and we'll see what we can do.
No problem Spiesy, always happy to help local suppliers.

I was probably after Fawcett in the first instance, but I have used Simpsons also in the past with no big fuss. Is there a big price difference?

Carlos The Gerbil said:
No problem Spiesy, always happy to help local suppliers.

I was probably after Fawcett in the first instance, but I have used Simpsons also in the past with no big fuss. Is there a big price difference?
There is a price difference, Mr. Fawcett has his MO floor malted. It's a super-popular malt, and certainly amongst our biggest sellers - second only to Briess 2-Row.

Shoot me an email, or give us a call tomorrow to discuss.
mark(at)fullpint.com.au

Hi guys,

Looking at brewing a ESB at the weekend. Just putting an order through with you right now but it seems you don't stock target hops.

Can you recommend a replacement?

Thanks

rusty274 said:
Hi guys,

Looking at brewing a ESB at the weekend. Just putting an order through with you right now but it seems you don't stock target hops.

Can you recommend a replacement?

Thanks
Hi mate, sorry no Target available right now.

I personally haven't used Target, but a great website that I use for a resource on hops recommends either EKG or Willamette - both of which we have in stock.

Back in stock

• Ss BrewTech BrewBuckets
  • Ss BrewTech Chronical 26L (64L has sold out until October)
  • MashMaster MillMaster MiniMill (the best mill on the market, stainless rollers standard)
  • DHB Digital Stir Plates

Spiesy said:
We do, mate. Probably next month. Will email out on this months newsletter.
Ah, not sure if I get that. Will look on the website and subscribe.

Hey Gents,

I'm looking at doing recipe that calls for chocolate malt (600ebc). The recipe has 600grams in a 45lt batch. Is Simpson Chocolate (1200ebc) the only Chocolate Malt you have in stock?

You have all the other grains I need, so was looking not to have to go anywhere else.

Cheers

Vanners said:
Hey Gents,

I'm looking at doing recipe that calls for chocolate malt (600ebc). The recipe has 600grams in a 45lt batch. Is Simpson Chocolate (1200ebc) the only Chocolate Malt you have in stock?

You have all the other grains I need, so was looking not to have to go anywhere else.

Cheers
Hi mate,

Yes, that's the only chocolate we have. Such a colour difference (200%) in Chocolate Malt seems odd.

I've just checked the latest spec sheet from Simpsons, and they rate their Chocolate (which we stock) at 900EBC.

Simpsons would probably be one of the more commonly used Chocolate malts in the world.

Spiesy said:
Hi mate,

Yes, that's the only chocolate we have. Such a colour difference (200%) in Chocolate Malt seems odd.

I've just checked the latest spec sheet from Simpsons, and they rate their Chocolate (which we stock) at 900EBC.

Simpsons would probably be one of the more commonly used Chocolate malts in the world.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah the recipe was for 350L. I thought it was always you just double L to get EBC but google tells me otherwise now.

Simpsons is perfect at 340L. expect an order in the day or so.

Back Into Stock

HOPS
2013 EKG
2013 Columbus
2013 Hallertau MF
2013 Centennial
2013 Simcoe
2013 Magnum (GER)
2014 Ella
>> 2014 Cascade (AU), Galaxy, Vic Secret and Topaz due later this week.

Next FP Bulk Buy will be announced in the September Newsletter.

Got my beer gun and hops and yeasties to get my badboy Chainbreaker White IPA Clone fermenting!

Cheers gents!

Spiesy said:
Next FP Bulk Buy will be announced in the September Newsletter.
Gday Spiesy, hope all is well with new little family addition :)

So realistically, would a bulk buy's grain pickup be approx mid - end of October, or into November?

Cheers mate

syl said:
Got my beer gun and hops and yeasties to get my badboy Chainbreaker White IPA Clone fermenting!

Cheers gents!
Nice one, syl.

JB said:
Gday Spiesy, hope all is well with new little family addition :)

So realistically, would a bulk buy's grain pickup be approx mid - end of October, or into November?

Cheers mate
Thanks JB - all doing well :)

Definitely October mate. Probably early Oct. Might even get the newsletter out this weekend, if time permits.

Hey blokes, If I place an order today or tomorrow how likely would it be to get it before the weekend? Probably ordering today would be better than tomorrow right?

It would be delivery to Cockatoo, Vic.

Thanks!

Any Topaz come in yet guys? Keen to order some along with some yeast for the next brew!

Nullnvoid said:
Hey blokes, If I place an order today or tomorrow how likely would it be to get it before the weekend? Probably ordering today would be better than tomorrow right?

It would be delivery to Cockatoo, Vic.

Thanks!
Hi mate. Express Post or Regular Post should see 1-day between Melbourne addresses, of course Express is going to give you a slightly better chance. But yes, you should definitely lock that order in today to ensure despatch tomorrow.

Or you can pickup if you'd prefer.

Latest posts

Back