The Foragers Drop

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yob

Hop to it
Reaction score
While Ive enjoyed the fun that's been had in Name the Bar.. it's time the now named Foragers Drop was up for review in the public domain..

From our soft launch on Friday where the local folk from here were plentiful and full of nods and smiles, some even converted on certain aesthetic values... a solid testing of the system was had, This part of the job was very reasonable and I was not displeased using the new infrastructure, the tap system was essentially flawless from the first pour. Much love to the guys that made this all happen in a 2 week window, absolutely stunning.

We chose to open soft and quiet to find out any weak spots for the venue or the system, quite a few were found for the venue and noted on the night. I assure you those will be promptly dealt with, to me it was the following.

Issues

1: Heating wasn't tested (therefore failed) and as a result it was a bit chill.. Fix easy Replacement
2: Only had 7 of 10 taps going.. Get more couplers (shakes fist)
3: Zone seating... **** the ******* functions it's going in.. (Obligated to run the prior bookings on the venue)
4: Wine Selection... In hand
5: No mulled wine... In Hand
6: Mead selection... In hand

The big, but aside, 8 is the rest of the build and the fit out, there is still so much vision to bring to the place, not the least of which is Dr Ricktor, word on the street is that he will tell Beer Fortune and potentially offer free pints, paddles, and the odd Stein.. as well as some probably craft offensive suggestions, who can tell with carny folk...

Dr Ricktor.JPG

By August 5, rest assured that our official launch day will be`..

MMo.png

If it wasnt for home brew and you bunch of nutters, case swaps, collaboration days and many a late nights splitting vast amounts of noxious hops, drinking an ever expanding variety of styles and a deep desire for somewhere close to have the worlds best beers available.. well I wouldn't have had to type this and for that, fellow forum members, acquaintances, friends, family.. I thank you deeply.

I've been thinking about a loyalty / reward system for the bar, here's what we're gunna do.

We are going to make up 100 cards, numbered, AHB crew get first dibs, the 100 cards will have an eternal value of first pot for free or half priced Pint. Cards not used for 2 months will be scratched and Re issued to the next interested person.

For many of the AHB crew this means little, but I know quite a few that it will be of benefit.

If you're keen to be issued one, start the list aka bulk buy style and I'll collate, print and laminate the cards and have them waiting for you before the august launch.

Cheers

1. Camo6

Count me in Jesse!

In this case, you need an apostrophe.
Forager's.

Congratulations - a fine effort and I hope to visit soon.

Hey J-dawg,
Congrats on getting it up and (soft) running. Very sorry I couldn't make it for the practice run.
Hopefully I can make it for the big opening, and/or some of the other nights.
Would love to have a loyalty card, but in reality are unlikely to get down that way every couple of months, so I'm sure someone else will make better use of my card.

(Are you still attending the Swap??)

Foragers drop: all of type 'forager' and their drop. E.g. It is a music band with wild and intense build ups landing huge jump-jump explosions on tha beat.

Forager's drop: possessive, the drop belongs to the forager. Music reference again but only to a single forager (mad DJ). Or, as appropriate for beer, the drop of beer belongs to the forager. The venue being where he can find it - the warm and welcome invitation to foragers of craft beer.

Foragers' drop. The drop belongs to that guy Mr. Foragers (like Mr. Peters). And he is a cool charming dude who enjoys running his bar and selling his beer (and other beers from other breweries)

Hi Yob, been away from the site a while, but just heard about your venture, Roger downstairs-APOD-mentioned to me too. Hope it goes well, I can probably afford beer, so will let others less fortunate and in need of encouragement take it up...! Maybe anyway. Just to be clear, soft openings to continue Friday afternoons from when to when? Thanks, Duncan

1. Camo6
2. Mardoo
3. Midnight Brew
4. JB
5. Micbrew

Hell yes.

Hi Yob, been away from the site a while, but just heard about your venture, Roger downstairs-APOD-mentioned to me too. Hope it goes well, I can probably afford beer, so will let others less fortunate and in need of encouragement take it up...! Maybe anyway. Just to be clear, soft openings to continue Friday afternoons from when to when? Thanks, Duncan

Soft openings are to continue right through to the launch (August 5), we are adding things weekly and as such we want to test everything as it goes in, for example, the Hand Pump will have the line put through and made operational this week, the spirit dispensing "board" will be made this week.. at last one of them.. furniture and heating by next week etc etc..

I still have my GB Regular card (somewhere) which is honored at the cherry tree and and GB has been closed for years (under toohey's banner anyway).. It's a nice way of saying thank you and generate a community vibe which is definitely what Im going for :drinkingbeer:

Look forward to catching you there.

Cheers

1. Camo6
2. Mardoo
3. Midnight Brew
4. JB
5. Micbrew
6. Nullnvoid

My goal is to get out more, and this seems like a good place to go too.

Bring on the 5th, I have a hot date with my neighbour. But hopefully will get down before then!

Soft openings are to continue right through to the launch (August 5), we are adding things weekly and as such we want to test everything as it goes in, for example, the Hand Pump will have the line put through and made operational this week, the spirit dispensing "board" will be made this week.. at last one of them.. furniture and heating by next week etc etc..

I still have my GB Regular card (somewhere) which is honored at the cherry tree and and GB has been closed for years (under toohey's banner anyway).. It's a nice way of saying thank you and generate a community vibe which is definitely what Im going for :drinkingbeer:

Look forward to catching you there.

Cheers

Great to hear the local area ideas! The community vibe is already in existence at my daughters local school-in Mitcham..

I'm happy to be convinced, and thanks!

1. Camo6
2. Mardoo
3. Midnight Brew
4. JB
5. Micbrew
6. Nullnvoid
7. Donutski

1. Camo6
2. Mardoo
3. Midnight Brew
4. JB
5. Micbrew
6. Nullnvoid
7. Donutski
8. fdsaasdf

I am located interstate but will stop by on one (or more) of my upcoming visits to Melbourne. Great work and best of luck Yob!

Edited - buggy forum strikes again, y u no load all of the posts on a page??

Latest posts

Back