Beerkat - Kegs & Growlers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Good evening AHB Crew :)

We are proud to have come on board as a AHB Sponsor.

We've received a lot of orders and enquiries from AHB members and we'd like to offer a special member discount to all AHB to thank you for the support!

January Discount @ www.beerkat.com.au

Enter coupon code: AHB10% to receive 10% off storewide PLUS for the month of January you will receive a free Cooler Sleeve for every Mini Keg purchased.

Beerkat Gear
  • 1.89L, 3.78L & 5L Mini Kegs
  • Stainless Steel Keg Spears
  • Plastic Keg Taps
  • Keg Cooler Sleeves - 2L, 4L & 5L
  • Double Wall & Single Wall Growlers
  • Squealers
  • Co2
  • Carbonation Caps (mini kegs)
  • Pressure Relief Caps (mini kegs)
  • Soda Stream Converters (mini kegs)
  • Glass Growlers
Coming soon to our site in the next couple of weeks...new products are added regularly...
  • Double Ball Lock Tap Spear
  • Perlick Style Taps
Check out our gear here http://www.beerkat.com.au/shop-products/

We are proudly WA owned and operated. Free Shipping to Australian Metro | Flat rate $10 Shipping to Non-Metro.

We can combine any product combination you like, just send us an email with your product combination if you don't see it online and we will sort you out with a combined price.

Cheers :beer:

Shannon & Graham
Beerkat - Kegs & Growlers
www.beerkat.com.au
[email protected]

Beerkat Mini Kegs 1.89L, 3.78L & 5L.jpg
Beerkat 3.78L & 1.89L Keg, Hogs Head SS Spear & Co2.jpg
View attachment 94588
Beerkat Growlers.jpg

These look alright and well priced. Just ordered a 5L tapped and a 1.89L.

Cheers

Damn right this is good pricing...

I was looking at a 6L ball lock corny which is still appealing because I already have a tap, fittings, CO2 charger but the tap/spear assembly with the mini regulator for CO2 has sparked my interest.

Only question / concern though, once the tap's on there, what's to stop it from being knocked open in transit? Or is the idea that you move it with a seal cap and swap it when you're ready to serve?

DU99 said:
even gives some locations for filling them
they list at least one place which I know refuses to fill any growler other than the brown glass style.

Just having a look.
Can you do the keg spear kit without tap? Price?

Cheers,
D80

Might just do this instead of waiting a couple of months for BB to be finished.

damoninja said:
Damn right this is good pricing...

I was looking at a 6L ball lock corny which is still appealing because I already have a tap, fittings, CO2 charger but the tap/spear assembly with the mini regulator for CO2 has sparked my interest.

Only question / concern though, once the tap's on there, what's to stop it from being knocked open in transit? Or is the idea that you move it with a seal cap and swap it when you're ready to serve?
Hi there Beer God

Typically you would use the cap for transporting or a carbonation cap, just to be safe you don't lose any of the good stuff! Then once you're ready to to drink it you can tap and serve. We will have double ball lock caps in the next few weeks which will also assist with transporting as you can simply attach the tap once you're ready to serve. Hope that helps, Shannon

Liam_snorkel said:
they list at least one place which I know refuses to fill any growler other than the brown glass style.
Hi Liam_snorkel - we also sell glass growlers so some filling locations are listed for glass growler filling. We are working with our IT guys to note which style can be filled at each location, thanks for the reminder to get them working on this again

Beerkat Pty Ltd said:
Hi there Beer God

Typically you would use the cap for transporting or a carbonation cap, just to be safe you don't lose any of the good stuff! Then once you're ready to to drink it you can tap and serve. We will have double ball lock caps in the next few weeks which will also assist with transporting as you can simply attach the tap once you're ready to serve. Hope that helps, Shannon
Cheers Shannon! The double ball lock would be good for me, any idea on pricing or if it will be bundled with the mini reg assembly?

Reckon they'll be in while the Jan 10% off is going? If not... rain check? ;)

Edit: Maybe not the full assembly with the gas disconnect lock as I have a threaded one already, but the mini regulator on its own... to be clear what I'm looking at :p

1 x 5L mini keg
1 x spear with liquid / gas ball lock fittings
1 x mini CO2 charger / regulator

No taps, no disconnects etc. Don't even think I need chargers would have a dozen or so left over from existing shitty charger

I grabbed a carb cap for transporting and also carbing up the left overs after filling the cornies. The double ball lock will be great.

damoninja said:
Cheers Shannon! The double ball lock would be good for me, any idea on pricing or if it will be bundled with the mini reg assembly?

Reckon they'll be in while the Jan 10% off is going? If not... rain check? ;)

Edit: Maybe not the full assembly with the gas disconnect lock as I have a threaded one already, but the mini regulator on its own... to be clear what I'm looking at :p

1 x 5L mini keg

No taps, no disconnects etc. Don't even think I need chargers would have a dozen or so left over from my tap fabled king refills.
I'm just checking the breakdown price for you with the double ball locks and will get back you. We can seperate all parts of the spear and sell them seperately. I'll add the seperate products to the website tonight with a backorder option for the items on their way so that you can get the discount

Thanks for coming on board Shannon, my missus just bought me an early birthday present order placed! (5l brewers pack)
let me know when the double ball locks arrive

Cheers
Gregos

+1 on the double ball lock. I'm after basically the same as damoninja.

Beerkat Pty Ltd said:
Diesel80 we can sell the spear without the tap - were you still after the regulator?
I would be keen on this

bundled with a 2L mini keg.

Have a flow control tap and disconnects from current 9L setup.

What do the kegs use to pickup the beer, if there a barb on the spear or something? Pardon my ignorance!

Cheers
D80

Diesel80 said:
I would be keen on this1 x spear with liquid / gas ball lock fittings1 x mini CO2 charger / regulator

bundled with a 2L mini keg.

Have a flow control tap and disconnects from current 9L setup.

What do the kegs use to pickup the beer, if there a barb on the spear or something? Pardon my ignorance!

Cheers
D80

D80 sorry for the delay, the spears will be $65 on their own & the regulators will be $33 on their own. We will add the double ball lock spears to the website tonight as a backorder item and also add the regulators as a single item for you. I am waiting on confirmation of delivery date for the double ball locks but we anticipate Mid February.

capsicum said:
Growlerz out of stock, bummer! Any timeframe for getting more in?
Hi Capsicum, our screw top growlers where a hot favourite for Christmas and we sold out faster than we thought. Hope to have these back in stock end of Feb.

Latest posts

Back