Beerkat - Kegs & Growlers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Certainly would be handy to have around and not an expensive item. A few of you could gang up to reduce postage?

Mrs Nullnvoid, give this boy a pump for Xmas!

How do those pumps work? Do they just pump in oxygen like a bike pump - if so how come that doesn't wreck the beer?

They pump air. Only intended to be used to dispense beer when you'll be drinking it all in short time - not long enough for oxidation of beer to be an issue.

Hey, anyone had issues contacting Beerkat lately?

I have had several unanswered calls and emails over the last few days. I modified my "Hop Spear", as per their instructions, to turn it into the "Bongo Double Ball Lock spear" for simpler transfer into my 3.78L keg. The required liquid post has an 11mm diameter compared to a standard corny post which is 12-13mm.

Anyone else had this problem and if so know of a source?

I have had several unanswered calls and emails over the last few days. I modified my "Hop Spear", as per their instructions, to turn it into the "Bongo Double Ball Lock spear" for simpler transfer into my 3.78L keg. The required liquid post has an 11mm diameter compared to a standard corny post which is 12-13mm.

I spoke with graham 1 1/2 weeks ago by phone but I have heard they can be hard to get hold of, I know graham works fifo but usually get replies to emails.

If you mean problems sourcing them? ALL things Home Brew sells it. I had the same hog spears and swapped it with a post no probs.

Back