Mini Keg Accessories Bulk.Buy. (Beerkat)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
Hi brewers,
I was talking to the guys from Beerkat (sponsors of this site). They are happy to provide some mini keg accessories to us at bulk buy prices.

Check out the Beerkat site to get any info on these bits.

http://www.beerkat.com.au/

Carbonation Caps $15.00
Pressure Relief Caps $15.00
Soda Stream Converters $12.00

Sleeves
2lt $8
4lt $12
5lt $12

Now shipping would be $7.40 so it may not sound attractive for one $8.00 sleeve unless you jump in with a mate. Or order more? :p

I'm hoping that Beerkat will run a spreadsheet for this, I've go enough to do without something I know F.A. about.

1. Batz - 2 x carbonation Caps.

Batz

Oh the usual no affiliation thing here.

904a5a_1461cf3f18b345319df22c0747020392mv2_d_2448_3264_s_4_2.jpg

904a5a_106cc45766264088a4d25064e2aa87d7mv2_d_2125_1732_s_2-600x520.jpg

FullSizeRender-15-600x600.jpg

Slightly off topic, but the carbonation caps appear not to have integrated pressure relief, but all other ball lock lids do? I'm happy enough to run into pet with a carb cap, but stainless seems an accident waiting to happen.....lid needs prv for mine.

A

TSMill said:
Slightly off topic, but the carbonation caps appear not to have integrated pressure relief, but all other ball lock lids do? I'm happy enough to run into pet with a carb cap, but stainless seems an accident waiting to happen.....lid needs prv for mine.
Regulators are rated for 30psi, kegs are rated for 60psi. If used together there should not be a problem. If you decide to gas up using a larger regulator you would need to be aware of the pressures.
These are made to be used with the supplied regulators that have a relief value built in. Saves buying extra bulk heads for 5 times the price.
People can stick knifes in their pop up toasters without turning them off too, and some do. Carbonate a PET to 60 psi. someone may.

Formatted and made it pretty like the mini keg BB I was in. Seemed to work well there

Carbonation Caps
2x Batz
Total: 2

Pressure Relief Caps
Total: 0

Soda Stream Converters
1x goatchop41
Total: 1

2L sleeve

4L sleeve

5L sleeve
2x goatchop41

Thank you, much better.

Batz said:
Carbonate a PET to 60 psi. someone may.
take my PET RIS to 40 all the time.. yes, every time Im nervous :lol:

If I didnt have BL heads for all of my mini kegs Id be into the pressure caps.. as you say, run off a main reg anyway so no issue

I never thought the issue was with force carbing... I always worried about incomplete ferment, high temperature exposure, infection...

The force carbing story is not ever the problem...

Every electrical circuit in Australia has a fuse / breaker..... There is reason for that.

Sending a PET bottle to heaven is no big deal. A bit of risk though.

Zorco said:
Sending a PET bottle to heaven is no big deal. A bit of risk though.
**** yeah, I absently minded exploded one a few years ago, drew blood, dented walls, was a pretty levellig experience Im glad I walked away with.. only minor nerve damage..

took me ******* houes to clean the brewery though.. bad juu juu

Yob said:
**** yeah, I absently minded exploded one a few years ago, drew blood, dented walls, was a pretty levellig experience Im glad I walked away with.. only minor nerve damage..

took me ******* houes to clean the brewery though.. bad juu juu
so ah, what was the absent minded psi on that one?

I occasionally take my PET's to 300 - 350kpa (sorry, metric y'all) for a quick force carb, no damage yet but could just be lucky.

Shitty PET bottles can fail and split at 120kPa. Unless you are running an experiment, you are unlikely to have a clue about what pressure a vessel failed at.

However, once a pressure vessel fails (even at low or moderate pressure) you can bet your underpants that it's an extremely unpleasant experience.

Using the carb cap is no different to using the supplied solid lid or capping a glass bottle with a crown seal bottle top. If you are good at making glass grenades, you'll do just as well with shiny stainless steel grenades. I understand Zorco's safety angle, but we don't need to turn beer packaging into a nanny state regulated affair.

I'm not really worried about the grenade part of it though.

A glass bottle is merely a glass bottle.

Cracking your keg.... That's a pain in the arse

Zorco said:
I'm not really worried about the grenade part of it though.

A glass bottle is merely a glass bottle.

Cracking your keg.... That's a pain in the arse
Yeah, you would have to wait for the next bulk buy!

Could we keep this on topic with the BB please?

Start another thread on carbonating if needed.

Carbonation Caps
2x Batz

Pressure Relief Caps

Soda Stream Converters
1x goatchop41

2L sleeve

4L sleeve

5L sleeve
2x goatchop41

goatchop41 said:
Formatted and made it pretty like the mini keg BB I was in. Seemed to work well there

Carbonation Caps
2x Batz
2x Niftinev
Total: 4

Pressure Relief Caps

Soda Stream Converters
1x goatchop41

2L sleeve

4L sleeve