Beerkat - Kegs & Growlers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, still not on their website so probably won’t worry about it and look to making one up.

Oh stop it Possum, I bet they will have them. Otherwise I send you a brand new one.

Now you can't be unhappy with that!

And also, I assume I could buy an adapter so that I can use a 2.6kg CO2 bottle with the BeerKat regulator?

What are people's thoughts on the standard taps that come standard with BeerKat's systems?

Are they fine or is a tap with flow control a much better option?

Does BeerKat have the option of upgrading to a tap with flow control?

Thinking of getting this http://www.beerkat.com.au/product/double-ball-lock-spear-mini-keg-tap-system-mini-keg-tap/ and interested in 3.78L and/or 8L mini kegs.
I just got a 3.78L keg with the double ball lock spear. The taps ok and you can control the flow with the reg. The only issue I have is that it drips a fair bit once the pour stops. Its definately not as good as the Intertaps I have with my kegerator.

Would be nice to know the dimensions of the 8 litre mini keg

No, still not on their website so probably won’t worry about it and look to making one up.

Beerkat top for customer service - been waiting for the multi pump to be added to their website for some time. Out of courtesy they are sending me a complimentary unit. You can’t beat that.
Cheers and thanks

I was looking at these the other day and I can't work out how the c02 can be regulated? The pump is self explanatory but the c02 I'm not sure

My understanding is that the movement of the pump action will allow co2 to pass then by closing the pump action, shut it off.

Beerkat top for customer service - been waiting for the multi pump to be added to their website for some time. Out of courtesy they are sending me a complimentary unit. You can’t beat that.
Cheers and thanks

Well pump arrived, thanks Beerkat really appreciated.
What a beauty, not only good for dispensing beer with co2 or o2 but just great to clean beer lines and save on co2 plus easier. Pump up pet bottle with carbonation cap with cleaner or sanitiser in it and away you go. Also can do when cleaning or sanitising kegs and want to put some of it through the beer post.
(Need to add these points to advertising Beerkat sales.)

Well pump arrived, thanks Beerkat really appreciated.
What a beauty, not only good for dispensing beer with co2 or o2 but just great to clean beer lines and save on co2 plus easier. Pump up pet bottle with carbonation cap with cleaner or sanitiser in it and away you go. Also can do when cleaning or sanitising kegs and want to put some of it through the beer post.
(Need to add these points to advertising Beerkat sales.)
I haven't actually used mine yet, do you only use on already carbed beer, and how many pumps does it take? Cheers

Use on carbonated beer to dispense and those that are going to be drunk within a couple of days although if you have co2 you could purge the keg in between use. (could replace engine pump in relation to those types of brews)
Best use with mini kegs, 2,4,5 or 9.5l kegs.
Number of pumps is by trial depending on size of glasses but it’s not like pumping your push bike tyres:p but 1, 1.5

53BCAF63-7A2B-4FA5-ACE4-3CDF328F7455.jpeg 408A22A4-F64C-460F-89F3-DFA7AC237BDF.jpeg One with pump extended and one closed. The disconnect is mine and doesn’t come with the pump but the brass swivel does.

Awesome, looks good :) Might have to ask Santa for one.

After taking my minikegs away on the weekend that would have been really handy. I was very nervous about running out of gas!

Latest posts

Back