Full Pint: Brew Supplies

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MOD:

Hi Gents,

If you have an issue/query with a particular transaction (such as delivery, what to include, etc), can this please be conducted over PM with the retailer, and not on the thread, as it's excessively bumping the thread. Please see rule #9.

Woostyle said:
Spiesy,

Any chance of stocking Briess Rye Malt Exract in the future?

JW
Hi JW. Every chance. We tried to stock the whole range, but at the time of ordering our supplier was out of stock of Sorghum. We didn't see Rye listed.

Have you seen it available in one of the canisters, or the growler jugs?

I've seen it available at a few online retailers in the standard canisters. I have never actually used it but thought you guys might carry it based on your range.

I would prefer to support local ahb guys with my purchase, so if you do get it in let us know!!

JW

EASTER TRADING HOURS: UPDATE

Just a quick heads up that due to the upcoming public holidays, we won't be open for pickups and unable to ship between Good Friday (Friday 18th April, this Friday) and Easter Monday (Monday 21st April).

If yesterday is anything to go by, we're anticipating a busy week - with a 4-day (brewing) weekend approaching. So please, place your orders ASAP so we can have them available to you for the weekend.

If anyone is interested in a Good Friday morning pickup (9am-12pm) - I should be able to offer a pickup service from my home; in Reservoir, Melbourne.
Orders would need to be placed and payment cleared by 2pm Thursday. PM me if this is of interest to you.

Lastly, we'll have some new hop varieties coming through in the next couple of days - along with Briess Rye LME + Briess Sorghum LME. Stay tuned.

New into stock:
  • 2013 Bramling Cross hops - 110g and 450g
  • Briess CBW LME Rye (as requested)
  • Briess CBW LME Sorghum (for the gluten-free crew)
  • 2013 Hallertau MF 450g
Back into stock:
  • 2013 Fuggle (110g and 450g)
  • 2013 Hallertau MF 110g

Please note that the 15% off plumbing promotion ends tomorrow.

Have a great Easter everyone! :)

Hi Spiesy, I haven't ordered from you before but saw the specials on plumbing, alas too late to grab a bargain!

I do need some advice though, I bought a cheap keg that has had the top cut off previously used a crab boiler. I want to repurpose for a BIAB pot as I just got a burner from BCF and use a bag and no chill for now and a stock pot malt pipe with recirculation and chilling in the future.

What are the most common plumbing fittings that I need to convert the keg, keeping in mind my old man is a fitter and machinist so metal cutting and welding only requires beer to make him work for me...

Thanks Spiesy, and anyone else feel free to chime in with advice too.

Ben

Hey Mate,

Easy way to do it would be use a weldless bulkhead, like this: http://fullpint.com.au/bulkhead-1-2-male-bsp-to-female-bsp/

The a Ball valve for the outside like this: http://fullpint.com.au/1-2-bsp-stainless-3-piece-ball-valve/

and a pick up tube on the inside: http://fullpint.com.au/1-2-90-degree-pick-up-tube/ PLUS http://fullpint.com.au/1-2-male-thread-straight-1-2-compression-fitting/

Then you just need a hose tail for your BV, like this: http://fullpint.com.au/1-2-male-bsp-to-barb-tail-end/

Hope this helps, let me know if you need more info.

Cheers

A suggestion that might save grief if using a weldless fitting like that one, on the outside of the pot use a 3/4" hard plastic tap washer under the steel washer. The steel washer is very hard and squeezes out the soft silicon too much, the plastic washer provides a more cushioned/slippery squeeze. Better seal. Also, thread tape the whole thread.

Spiesy said:
New into stock:

• 2013 Bramling Cross hops - 110g and 450g
  • Briess CBW LME Rye (as requested)
  • Briess CBW LME Sorghum (for the gluten-free crew)
  • 2013 Hallertau MF 450g
Back into stock:
  • 2013 Fuggle (110g and 450g)
  • 2013 Hallertau MF 110g
Please note that the 15% off plumbing promotion ends tomorrow.

Have a great Easter everyone! :)
How often do you stock the funky yeast?. I'm out of action for a few weeks but will need some funk then. Can you get the American farmhouse ale?

Just want to say a big thank you to Cocko and Spiesy for the extra effort in sourcing the extract I was after in less than a week!!. The customer service these blokes provide is bar none and the advice and information they have provided has been amazing. Top effort boys and there's no doubt you guys are my new HB supplier in Melbourne!

Cheers,

JW

Dont thank Cocko, he'll just take advantage of you, get you pregnant, than pretend he dont know you no more.

I loved u man...

mje1980 said:
How often do you stock the funky yeast?. I'm out of action for a few weeks but will need some funk then. Can you get the American farmhouse ale?
Hi mate,

We generally stock all strains, and usually order fresh every month.

We had American Farmhouse in fresh last month. Will do so again, but if there's anything you (or anyone) want, just message me and we'll do our best to make sure you get it.

Woostyle said:
Just want to say a big thank you to Cocko and Spiesy for the extra effort in sourcing the extract I was after in less than a week!!. The customer service these blokes provide is bar none and the advice and information they have provided has been amazing. Top effort boys and there's no doubt you guys are my new HB supplier in Melbourne!

Cheers,

JW
Thanks mate. Happy to help.

Latest posts

Back