Full Pint: Brew Supplies

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
djar007 said:
Dropped in yesterday and got some good stuff at great prices. Thanks guys. Are those gryphon caps for sale?
lol… thanks mate!

Hey there, Happen to have in stock Us 05 yeast, Cascade 450g, Chinook 450g and something similar to the Joe White Caramalt grain or is the Joe White Wheat Malt similar? Sorry still new to all of this looking to place one order with one company to save shipping etc. Thanks for your help in advance!

Hi mate. Maybe look at Simpsons Light Crystal instead of Caramalt.
It's in stock.

US05 is in stock. Cascade and Chinook are also, although we only have 110g packs listed for those varieties right now. We can sort you with a 450g of Cascade though, I'll list it in the morning.

Cheers ill have a look in the morning and make a order that! The small amount of chinook will be fine

Hey y'all. Just a quick thanks to let you know the 1/2 " HD silicone hose gets a big thumbs up. Very thick walled and very well priced.

When can you get some 3/8" my way?

Thanks so much spiesy for the fast and easy transaction, package arrived this afternoon perfectly packed can't wait to get brewing

Hey Guys,

Have you heard of The YeastBay? They're using Whtie Labs to produce some cultures isolated from various brews. I know they've announced a Sydney HB store will be stocking their yeast but i think it's something worth looking into!

Cheers

Duncan

Hi Duncan,

Hadn't heard of them - no, thanks for the heads up.

Camo, and livetoride - thanks for the positive comments.

In other news:

• We've just taken receipt of our first shipment of Labware. At present we've just got some Schott Duran Erlenmeyer Flasks in stock, but there's plenty more on order, and it should be hitting our shop in the coming weeks.
  • Mangrove Jack's M44 West Coast Ale Yeast is back in stock.
  • Dingeman's Biscuit Malt will be added to the grain lineup tomorrow.

AND, we're going to be open 10am-2pm tomorrow, so if you need to pick anything up for brewing this weekend - please have your orders finalised before the day is out, and we'll be there to provide pickup tomorrow.

Enjoy your long weekend!

BilBrewing said:
Hey Guys,

Have you heard of The YeastBay? They're using Whtie Labs to produce some cultures isolated from various brews. I know they've announced a Sydney HB store will be stocking their yeast but i think it's something worth looking into!

Cheers

Duncan
Okay, the word from White Labs is that "yes", they do produce yeast for The YeastBay. But it is only available directly from The YeastBay (as in, White Labs don't sell it).

Being that these guys only have four strains, it's not feasible for us to be ordering these in, in the manner we're accustomed to. When we order WL yeast, the freight is HUGE, and we order a lot of stock. The freight is so expensive as it ships in 3-days door-to-door from San Diego to Melbourne. It arrives cold!

I'm not sure how the freight costs involved in importing just 4 x strains could result in a competitive and reasonable sell price.

So, at this point in time, we won't be offering this yeast - sorry.

*WHITE LABS YEAST SPECIALS*

We've got a bunch of yeasts that have got around 4-6 weeks (on average) left before their Best Before dates are up… so they still have plenty of time in them, especially if you build yourself a starter. We just want to move them on.
Pricing starts from just $5 per vial, and most strains only have around 2 vials available at these prices.
All Best Before dates are published - so you know what you're getting.

As you may recall from the last time we did this, they sell out QUICKLY.

Happy shopping! :)

http://fullpint.com.au/yeast/specials/

On special:
  • WLP007 Dry English Ale
  • WLP008 East Coast Ale (love this yeast!)
  • WLP009 Australian Ale Yeast [Platinum]
  • WLP011 European Ale Yeast
  • WLP023 Burton Ale Yeast
  • WLP029 German Ale/Kolsch Yeast
  • WLP080 Cream Ale Yeast
  • WLP300 Hefeweizen Ale Yeast
  • WLP351 Bavarian Weizen Ale Yeast
  • WLP380 Hefeweizen IV Ale Yeast
  • WLP530 Abbey Ale Yeast
  • WLP545 Belgian Strong Ale Yeast
  • WLP565 Belgian Saison 1 Yeast
  • WLP630 Berliner Weisse Yeast
  • WLP775 English Cider Yeast
  • WLP815 Belgian Lager Yeast [Platinum] *SOLD OUT*
  • WLP820 Oktoberfest/Marzen Lager Yeast *SOLD OUT*

Aaaargh! I need two jobs.

Thanks Spiesy! Picked up a few good deals there :D (certainly beats paying >$18 at my LHBS....)

In fact, looking at the retailers on this forum, I'm thinking I'm either going to a; save a lot of money, or b; spend a lot of money.

Mick

It's costing you money by not buying the good deals right!?
mofox1 said:
I'm thinking I'm either going to a; save a lot of money, or b; spend a lot of money.

Hey guys. Will you be getting any Columbus in any time soon?

IsonAd said:
Hey guys. Will you be getting any Columbus in any time soon?
Hi mate. We only just sold out, sorry. Definitely getting some more. Most likely within the next couple of weeks.

Cocko said:
Hey Mate,

Easy way to do it would be use a weldless bulkhead, like this: http://fullpint.com.au/bulkhead-1-2-male-bsp-to-female-bsp/

The a Ball valve for the outside like this: http://fullpint.com.au/1-2-bsp-stainless-3-piece-ball-valve/

and a pick up tube on the inside: http://fullpint.com.au/1-2-90-degree-pick-up-tube/ PLUS http://fullpint.com.au/1-2-male-thread-straight-1-2-compression-fitting/

Then you just need a hose tail for your BV, like this: http://fullpint.com.au/1-2-male-bsp-to-barb-tail-end/

Hope this helps, let me know if you need more info.

Cheers
Hi again guys, just thought I'd ask another question to clarify this for myself and other brewers in a similar build comtemplation phase!

Would the barb and attached silicon hose be able to handle the heat from the high-pressure burner or would it be better to use a camlock male attached to the ball valve and female on the hose to attach once whirlpool is completed and wort transfer starts? Just a random thought that might prevent a first BIAB cock-up.

Cheers,

Ben

Redneck_Pharmacist said:
Hi again guys, just thought I'd ask another question to clarify this for myself and other brewers in a similar build comtemplation phase!

Would the barb and attached silicon hose be able to handle the heat from the high-pressure burner or would it be better to use a camlock male attached to the ball valve and female on the hose to attach once whirlpool is completed and wort transfer starts? Just a random thought that might prevent a first BIAB cock-up.

Cheers,

Ben
Hey Ben,

Barb or Cam lock would be a personal choice, with function and budget. With the barbed fitting you would not have the hose connected during the boil anyway...

As you say, after whirlpool - connect hose, be it barb = push on hose or cam lock = clip on and transfer.

From my experience, heavy duty hosing, like we sell, will be fine to simply push on to a barb and drain kettle. If it was a point under pump pressure you may want to use a hose clamp or some use zip ties but others may offer other experiences. I personally use cam lock but the hose on the cam lock barb is not clamped and have never had an issue. When I use the BIAB in a keggle, it was barb, and I would just push the hose on and drain....

Hope that makes sense, let me know if you need more info.

Cheers

I used to use a little brown pump to recirc the kettle for my whirlpool immersion chiller. I'd attach all my silicone hose and recirc 15 mins before end of boil using an Italian burner with a medium pressure reg. Never had a problem with the heat from the burner.

Latest posts

Back