Full Pint: Brew Supplies

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some more awesome service from the guys at fullpint.

Bought an urn approx 1 month ago. First brew left some scorching on the element. Spiesy listened to my feedback, offered a possible solution for me to try, a crown urn strainer, and promptly expressed it to my door.

Two more brews later and no sign of scorching. The strainer is definitely worth the extra few bucks for peace of mind and to protect the element and your bag if your BIAB.

Duncan

That's why you're better off with concealed element model, I reckon - such as they sell at FP.

Cool, cool. I haven't had that problem with my Crown Urn. I find that a decent application of elbow grease after a brew cleans the element up.

(Apologies for off-topic posts in Full Pint thread)

BilBrewing said:
Some more awesome service from the guys at fullpint.

Bought an urn approx 1 month ago. First brew left some scorching on the element. Spiesy listened to my feedback, offered a possible solution for me to try, a crown urn strainer, and promptly expressed it to my door.

Two more brews later and no sign of scorching. The strainer is definitely worth the extra few bucks for peace of mind and to protect the element and your bag if your BIAB.

Duncan
Cheers mate - just happy to hear that we sorted you out and now you can get back to enjoying making awesome beer!

Been meaning to post a happy snap of my new stainless steel fermenters from Full Pint for a while. I've got about 24 litres in these sexy things, so I'm expecting a bit of blow off activity. :lol:

I used some silicone tube to give the s/s blow off tubes ( also from F.P) a better seal in the fermenter lid.

10487430_746953262029443_1061824850854350022_n.jpg

^ wow, looks awesome, mate!

I've just finished rinsing mine from it's PBW soak - will passivate it tomorrow and then set it off on it's maiden brew!
Looking forward with parting ways with my worn, hop-ridden plastic fermenter!

So excuse my ignorance, but these are just like your plastic fermenter, but more stainless steel like right?

Probably a stupid question :)

Nullnvoid said:
So excuse my ignorance, but these are just like your plastic fermenter, but more stainless steel like right?

Pretty much mate. Some job but with more benefits. These have a conical bottom though, where your normal fermenter has a flat bottom, conicals are good as the yeast will all settle out into the conical(cone) and the beer can be drawn off it

Nullnvoid said:

Yeah, pretty much - for the Buckets.

Owners have reported: cleaner beer (stainless is a less porous material and therefore doesn't harbour as many flavour or aroma compounds). Easier cleaning. More effective crash chilling. Better conduction of wort temp to outside wall. And as Shaunous mentioned; reduced surface area contact of wort with spent yeast, break and trub and the ability to leave most of that stuff behind when racking off (clearer beer).

The Chronicals, on the other hand, enable you to dump or harvest the yeast, hook up a thermowell with digital read out and a few other things.

Ok thanks. Now I want one. Well I wanted one before, but that's because I now have a stainless steel fetish, but now I know what it is, I really want one.

I best start saving.

A Brew Bucket is still on my list. I've put the hint out there to the folks and girlfriend as a birthday is coming up ...

... but who am I kidding, I'm gonna end up shelling out for it myself one of these days.

Forever Wort said:
A Brew Bucket is still on my list. I've put the hint out there to the folks and girlfriend as a birthday is coming up ...

... but who am I kidding, I'm gonna end up shelling out for it myself one of these days.
Just ask for FP gift vouchers from everyone - put them towards your jacketed 64L Chronical ;)

The Huggies arrived today, thanks guys ;) Unfortunately the little guy is in Toddler so the newborn size wont fit.
Looking forward to brewing on the weekend.

Even though I've had mine for a few weeks, these are my first batches, so I can't really say whether there'll much improvement in my beer, but i'm fairly sure it won't hurt.

I posted the same pic on my facebook page and among the comments, was one from my wife, she said "what a surprise, haven't seen that". Well she has now. :D

Back