Xmas-in-July Caseswap 2013 (SE QLD) Tasting Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am drinking Dan's RID right now, I totally agree with Ben kens comments.

What percentage is it? Tastes to be around 7%

I know it was ******* strong because it knocked me on my arse when I had it

I had this for a night cap before the QHBC.. wasn't a good idea :blush:

Wow, the alcohol is hidden so well. It wasn't even thick. How did you get it so dry?

necro thread alert,
cracked Gold Clubs APA and KBB's Impy stout last night - both excellent, top quality beers, should do well if entered in QABC.

how would you enter a beer in the qabc if it was brewed by 8 people,,,i have a bottle still,would be good to enter to see how it goes,

That reminded me that still had Gold Clubs APA left to drink. Just chucked it in the fridge!

Had Brads Old on Saturday, good fit for style for me - and was delishious way to avoid a hangover....

8. BenKen25 - Dark Saison with lemon myrtle (ready)

I judged a beer on Sunday which reminded me a lot of this swap beer... :ph34r:

BPH87 said:
It was probably that beer, pretty sure it got 3rd. Top beer Ben!
Yeah, it definitely was :)

It was a great beer. Judging specialty beers is a real c*nt FYI...

Parks said:
Yeah, it definitely was :)

It was a great beer. Judging specialty beers is a real c*nt FYI...
Yeah it was the same beer looks like there were some awsome beers in that category I can't imagine it being an easy job someone has to do it though B-)

Was having a look through the fridge and found a couple of beers that did not match the current swap. Turns out I still have winkles and beersuits beers stashed up the back of the fridge.

Currently drinking winkles Saison Noir. First impression (without checking what it is) from the aroma was high alcohol and slight sourness, but after a sip I had a nice chocolate hit. The body is a bit thin when cold(fridge sitting at around 4deg) but as it warms the mouthfell expands and the flavour explodes of dried fruit, chocolate and roast with that upfront undertone of a very slight tartness. Has a consistent then head but does not lace the glass.

Great beer winkle!

bradsbrew said:
Was having a look through the fridge and found a couple of beers that did not match the current swap. Turns out I still have winkles and beersuits beers stashed up the back of the fridge.

Currently drinking winkles Saison Noir. First impression (without checking what it is) from the aroma was high alcohol and slight sourness, but after a sip I had a nice chocolate hit. The body is a bit thin when cold(fridge sitting at around 4deg) but as it warms the mouthfell expands and the flavour explodes of dried fruit, chocolate and roast with that upfront undertone of a very slight tartness. Has a consistent then head but does not lace the glass.

Great beer winkle!
I remember that beer beer it was great. how do you still have swap beers form July stashed away? :icon_drool2:

That's not very nice brad. I had to try and remember what I put into that swap. I think that Belgian stout would be delicious about now. Jealous as.

Beersuit said:
That's not very nice brad. I had to try and remember what I put into that swap. I think that Belgian stout would be delicious about now. Jealous as.
Yep that's tomorrow nights nite cap. :D

Latest posts

Back