VIC. 2015 Xmas in July - Recipe.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Order being placed tmoz, please confirm details.

Bummock
200kg Golden Promise

Side order:

Martin:
JW Trad 50kg
Simpsons MO 50kg

Yob
Briess Pale 25kg
JW Trad 25kg
JW Wheat 25kg

Whiteferret
Simpsons MO 50kg
just let me know if I've gotta come down early to get it.
Give me an amount and I'll transfer it to you tonight.

Cheers

grains paid for,

Martin, if you want that DME (wasn't on the list) let me know and I'll put it through and get it added to the pickup.

So extra equipment lists? Have I missed it?

Im gunna put it in just so I can cement it in my head, I tend to lose the scraps of paper I write it out on..

Yob:

MM3/hopper
Drill
anti foaming agent
HEX
1kg EKG + cube hops for possible gyle?
Cubes x 2
Bottles
keg
Gas Bottle
300kg grains
bedding
tarp
glass + spare
Thermometers (Waynes as well?)

Martin, should I bring my 75lt HLT? or are we going to be ok to get the strike liquor? I'll need to do some tinkering if it's needed.

are we right for Yeast nutrient and floccing agents?

ummm.. there is probably more right?

Yob, can you make that 2Kg of EKG? I've got lots of extra stuff laying around that we might be able to use, but to have those EKG on-hand would be good. I'll do a show & tell when you're here.

I think we should be OK for strike liquor, but if you want to tinker & have space in the car......

'Don't think we'll actually need nutrient, but I've got some available. I have some polyclar (never used it). Should I get some extra kettle finings?

I have a bunch of Brewbrite I can bring. Polyclar is for post ferment fining. Apparently the polyclar in Brewbrite is treated differently.

Guys, I am bringing up the 80 and a covered trailer. Think I may manage to get up a bit earlier than expected.

Martin, I have worked out a way to battle the cold...
50feffe86cef3.image.jpg

Mardoo - I didn't read the label. What I have IS Brewbrite, but dunno if it'll be enough. Bring yours along just in case. Ta!

Idzy - Good news indeed! Seeya when you get here. Love the fire pic. Ours isn't quite that big & with the recent weather, has gotten a bit wet. Will have to see how it goes up ('might need a little "accelerant" to give it an initial nudge....) ;)

Yob - Thanks. It might just come in handy if we want to be "purists" :eek:

If anyone attending has a decent pH meter, could you please bring it along. I'd like to check it against the one I have that seems to have had the dick.

guys I have a 70ltr maybe a big more HLT with twin 2200 elements which I can fit in if needed but 9am (ish) arrival may not be much good to youse

droid said:
guys I have a 70ltr maybe a big more HLT with twin 2200 elements which I can fit in if needed but 9am (ish) arrival may not be much good to youse
Thanks, droid. The way I'm thinking right now, electrical power is going to be at a premium (even with my three 20/15/10A circuits + the gennie running), so gas water-heating & lots of pumping/bailing is the go for this one.

For ease of access more than anything else, I'm going to put 18g US-05 into mine, any objections?

You going to open it up and stir it with your paint mixy thing every 6 hrs? Fair 'nuff.

Speaking of yeast, what's your preference master scotsman? I'm assuming 1728/wlp028.... or do we need a really high attenuator for this one?

Damn said:
For ease of access more than anything else, I'm going to put 18g US-05 into mine, any objections?
You want about 3-4 fresh packs in an 1100 beer mate. Four would be my pick. 18 grams is like trying to wipe your bum with one and a half squares of paper after eating ten nuclear chilli chicken wings from the winston hotel.

Back