EOI - "Bummock*" T-Shirts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinOC

Insert something suitably witty here
Reaction score
Gents,

I'm looking for EOI for a Comemmorative T-Shirt for a Monumental event:

On the weekend of 4/5 July this year, there will be a World-Record attempt to brew the largest amount of ale ever brewed by AHB'ers on a single day. Perhaps, the most ale ever brewed by Homebrewers in a single day the world-over....(Yob has already applied to the Guinness World Records for official sanction..)?

Here: http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/83962-2015-vic-christmas-in-july-case-swap/page-8#entry1261166

Erm...there will also be a case-swap... :huh: ..& a shitload of food....& burning an absolute ******* SHITLOAD of wood.. :super:.....weather permitting....If you can pick it up on your own, you can burn it!

Along with concurrent, multiple back-to-back "Ordinary?" brews from my own double-batch system, others will bring-along their gear to my block in Kinglake (Vic) to create the largest batch of "Bummock" (a strong, Scotch-Ale made for "Feasting & merriment" :D ) in Australian history.

The MLT is capable of 200Kg of grain & the boiler is ~500L. Do the maths......

Let's not mince words - we're looking at producing well over 1000L in a single day :beerbang:

I'd like to commemorate the occasion with a T-Shirt, so I'm looking for EOI. I've got a few ideas in the pipeline, but I'm after numbers:

MartinOC - 2
Yob - 2

Running T-Shirt Total

MartinOC - 2

Yob - 2

Tahoose - 2

Running T-Shirt Total

MartinOC - 2

Yob - 2

Tahoose - 2

Curly 79 - 1- size. XL

MartinOC - 2
Yob - 2
Tahoose - 2
Curly 79 - 1- size. XL
Whiteferret - 2

Running total: 9

MartinOC - 2
Yob - 2
Tahoose - 2
Curly 79 - 1- size. XL
Whiteferret - 2
DJ_L3ThAL - 1 L

Running total: 10

MartinOC - 2
Yob - 2
Tahoose - 2
Curly 79 - 1- size. XL
Whiteferret - 2
DJ_L3ThAL - 1 L
Mardoo - 2 XXL

Running total: 12

MartinOC - 2
Yob - 2
Tahoose - 2
Curly 79 - 1- size. XL
Whiteferret - 2
DJ_L3ThAL - 1 L
Mardoo - 2 XXL
Nullnvoid - 1 Medium

Jogging total: 13

MartinOC - 2
Yob - 2
Tahoose - 2
Curly 79 - 1- size. XL
Whiteferret - 2
DJ_L3ThAL - 1 L
Mardoo - 2 XXL
Nullnvoid - 1 Medium
droid - 1 XL
skipping total: 14

Hey martin
Check out
totall recall ... they have web site and have fast service ...ask for Irene & haggle for price ...
Id really like a 3/4 tee shirt
Cheers mick

micbrew said:
Hey martin
Check out
totall recall ... they have web site and have fast service ...ask for Irene & haggle for price ...
Id really like a 3/4 tee shirt
Cheers mick
3/4 t-shirt, is that like a boob tube? Or slightly bigger? Or perhaps it's a t-shirt missing the sleeves :)

MartinOC - 2
Yob - 2
Tahoose - 2
Curly 79 - 1- size. XL
Whiteferret - 2
DJ_L3ThAL - 1 L
Mardoo - 2 XXL
Nullnvoid - 1 Medium
droid - 1 XL
micbrew - 1 - midriff preferred?
JB - 1L

crawling total: 16

MartinOC said:
Erm...there will also be a case-swap... :huh: ..& a shitload of food....& burning an absolute ******* SHITLOAD of wood.. :super:.....weather permitting....If you can pick it up on your own, you can burn it!

Along with concurrent, multiple back-to-back "Ordinary?" brews from my own double-batch system, others will bring-along their gear to my block in Kinglake (Vic) to create the largest batch of "Bummock" (a strong, Scotch-Ale made for "Feasting & merriment" :D ) in Australian history.
:icon_offtopic:
I'd never heard of Kinglake, so read about it on Wikipedia. Youre only 46km from Melbourne CBD, yet you can burn a F'load of wood? And you have a 'block'?
Bejeebuz - I thought Melbourne was bigger than that? Cant even light a durrie within 46km of Sydney.....

Yob said:
aint 45 mins in peak hour mate thats for sure :lol:
46km not mins. But yeah, I'm sure. Traffic sucks everywhere.

1hr Train ride. 1/2 Hour drive from Eltham Station. Believe me I'm doing it right now. Six days a week!

Yeah but when you get out there, it's a totally different world.

mckenry said:
:icon_offtopic:
I'd never heard of Kinglake, so read about it on Wikipedia. Youre only 46km from Melbourne CBD, yet you can burn a F'load of wood? And you have a 'block'?
Bejeebuz - I thought Melbourne was bigger than that? Cant even light a durrie within 46km of Sydney.....
Never heard of Kinglake?!?!? Does "Black Saturday bushfires" mean anything to you??

Yeah, mate. We've got just under 3.5 acres on top of a ridge at the end of a no-through road. Dead quiet & you actually get to see the stars of a night-time (Curly79 knows....).

Here's a piccie of a SMALL amount of the wood available:

DSCN0899.JPG

Conservatively, I reckon we've got about 50 Tons just laying around. Here's a piccie of what I'm planning on burning for the event:

DSCN1071.JPG

Just for perspective, that's a 20L keg in front of it. Don't be fooled by the small size of the fuel. There's some seriously big logs under that lot & the pile's gonna get MUCH bigger come burning-time... :super:

Back