VIC. 2015 Xmas in July - Recipe.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mines been in the fermenter three weeksish. Just waiting to see if finished.

Is that that too late? Otherwise I'm keen to age in barrel

Erm...just to clarify... My cube is unfermented. Do you want fermented or unfermented additions to the cask?

You can ferment and keg to transfer, ferment here in a spare fridge, or any other combination you can conceive of, I'd rather not ferment in the barrel though, a few points off fg is acceptable and even desirable :)

Pitched on the first, down to 1.020 tonight.. I'd day that's a plus for freezing yeast at home

Bumped temp to 1, couple of days should see me home.

Pitched on the first, down to 1.020 tonight.. I'd day that's a plus for freezing yeast at home

Bumped temp to 1, couple of days should see me home.

Did you still want my cube to add?? it hasn't been fermented yet..? was going to start it this week

I think its full (on the initial fill).. need to confirm with the others.

What did you end up doing with your barrel?

It has a Flanders red in it.. Tastes amazing !!! it is 4 months in and only getting better ..I am surprised how good it is.. so much flavour and fruitiness...and maybe interested in another if they become available

Gunna add American oak bourbon cubes to the wee heavy instead

Coming up to 4 weeks and still visible activity. Havent taken a sample since the last. Will do this sunday at 4 weeks. Hopefully its done, dont wanna waste more than a longneck in samples!! :p

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Coming up to 4 weeks and still visible activity. Havent taken a sample since the last. Will do this sunday at 4 weeks. Hopefully its done, dont wanna waste more than a longneck in samples!! :p
pfft

Still 1.022, its done albeit a couple of yeast blobs rising and falling. Cold crash engaged!

Hey guys. Haven't touched my cube yet looks fine though. Thinking of making an Irish red ale with 1084 as a starter for this big beer.

My second cube is at 1.020 as well,

1 to go (if I'm fermenting Adams) and then we can fill this damn barrel

Sounds very exciting to me. Thanks again Yob

I'll give this one another day and keg it on Wednesday, meaning yours will be pitched and done by Saturday / Sunday. This 1728 is cranking along.

Latest posts

Back