The Great Chinese Hop Buy 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE

BOY oh BOY, Those lambic predictions may come true

I was warned by some-one that the Chinese cant be relied on when they set a date for something to be exported. I was also warned to expect delays getting them out of the country. BUT no not me, I thought it would be straight away. Not so.

Well I was proven wrong. They have delayed it again

exact words from the exporter

"you might be never imagine how difficult it would be for goods to be passed through the SHIT customs inspection, thanks to God, the inspection is OK, but the flight CAN'T be confirmed, because this is the third time to cancel the flight
---- forwarder promise that goods must be on board by next Tuseday"

So this weekend for a delivery has been put off.

Looks like Christmas is looking good at the moment.

Graham L Sanders
Craftbrewer
Skype 'Craftbrewer'
http://radio.craftbrewer.org

Those guys at customs in Nigeria can be hard to deal with <_<

Cheers

Paul

in seriousness this is sounding so dodgy Graham (from their end, not yours). you dont just cancel cargo flights as there's always cargo to go out. and again why would it be inspected by customs again.

Actually you're sort of wrong.

The flight itself probably isn't cancelled (or maybe it is, there's plenty of reasons why this could happen with planes), what happens is there may be different weather conditions that make it harder for the plane to take off, and they will literally offload freight from the plane.

All freight is given a sort of priority. If you send small volumes you are treated like shit and your freight is offloaded first.

Also you may be first in line but someone more important may book freight at the last minute.

I imagine it's even more like this in China.

I'm not particularly worried. I think the hops will get here. My main concern is it's making these guys seem pretty new to the industry and I wonder if they've overstated the quality of the hops too.

Actually you're sort of wrong.

The flight itself probably isn't cancelled (or maybe it is, there's plenty of reasons why this could happen with planes), what happens is there may be different weather conditions that make it harder for the plane to take off, and they will literally offload freight from the plane.
dude its a cargo plane not a single prop cessna.

but as your making the post ill assume ur in the logistics game and know better.

a fool and their money are easily parted. oops hang on thats me.

nah as I said above im not worried. I still recon they are bluffing and it will come on a ship. they probably havent got the hops in stock or something and are buyiong time. i wonder what other conspiracy theories we can come up with.

Chinese Hops is PEOPLE....

I'm not worried either, have heaps in the freezer, and no bloody time to brew ATM anyhow! :p

dude its a cargo plane not a single prop cessna.

but as your making the post ill assume ur in the logistics game and know better.

a fool and their money are easily parted. oops hang on thats me.

nah as I said above im not worried. I still recon they are bluffing and it will come on a ship. they probably havent got the hops in stock or something and are buyiong time. i wonder what other conspiracy theories we can come up with.

Yeah I'm in logistics. All plains have maximum weights and this varies based on conditions. But the main point I was trying to make was that small timers get dicked around, it's part of the business. These guys are likely just being dicked around.

But it tells me the hop producers are amateurs as well.

If worse comes to worse I could -maybe- try to organise air freight but I don't think it'll be cheap, probably to the point where we are better off throwing the hops in the ocean and holding a memorial service.

"you might be never imagine how difficult it would be for goods to be passed through the SHIT customs inspection, thanks to God, the inspection is OK, but the flight CAN'T be confirmed, because this is the third time to cancel the flight

Graham L Sanders

Was this before or after they informed you that one of your relatives has left you a substantial amount of money in their will and all you have to do receive the money is pay a small release fee and the money is yours.

I thought all the shit jokes had been told, now the Nigerians Chinese are cashing in on them <_<

Cheers

Paul

UPDATE

BOY oh BOY, Those lambic predictions may come true

I was warned by some-one that the Chinese cant be relied on when they set a date for something to be exported. I was also warned to expect delays getting them out of the country. BUT no not me, I thought it would be straight away. Not so.

Well I was proven wrong. They have delayed it again

So this weekend for a delivery has been put off.

Looks like Christmas is looking good at the moment.

Graham L Sanders
Craftbrewer
Skype 'Craftbrewer'
http://radio.craftbrewer.org

How did you reply to this Graham? Can Mrs Wanger confirm that they are being refrigerated at all times?
Cheers
Steve

please look at post # 144, for information regarding bulk buy!

**** that noise Jack.......get the gear over here muy pronto, or fuckin else :lol:

stagga. {who didn`t order any}

Sweet Jesus, so glad I chose to pull out of this one......

They may be cheap, but I'm willing to pay for reliability..........Actually, didn't I predict something like this occurring???

Thank you Nostradamus.

UPDATE

to those who say this was a bad idea, eat your words!!!!!!!!!!

To those of faith - listen up

I promised (and I keep those) I would keep you fully up to date

the latest

"[8:02:34 PM] Dear Graham ,the ship time is SUNDAY.
[8:25:23 PM] The air bill of lading we just have got.

would guess some have to eat their words

Craftbrewer

UPDATE

to those who say this was a bad idea, eat your words!!!!!!!!!!

To those of faith - listen up

I promised (and I keep those) I would keep you fully up to date

the latest

"[8:02:34 PM] Dear Graham ,the ship time is SUNDAY.
[8:25:23 PM] The air bill of lading we just have got.

would guess some have to eat their words

Craftbrewer

I hope you're touching wood right now :lol:

People are soooo quick to put others down, and NOT know the facts

Graham L Sanders

Oh Oh this gets exciting, I have the airway bill now too

Craftbrewer

And in the spirit of FULL disclosure, (and to put down all those people ready to be put this down (and dont understand what really goes on)

The latest correspondance

"[8:51:25 PM]They erased the shipper and consignee because the transportation cost will be paid on Monday
[8:52:08 PM]then we will give you the HAWB number and relative documents on Monday

So things are definitely moving

Craftbrewer

People are soooo quick to put others down, and NOT know the facts

You yourself joked about the hops being good only for lambics 5 hours ago.

The company seems truly sorry, and have learnt a lesson on exporting. I think they will be good in the long run

again full dislosure

surely, you can say it again. We were cheated by our forwarder, and we are trying our best to make it up, next time goods will be shipped soon I bet. because we fully knew what should be do and what should be avoid
[9:03:28 PM] : anyway, we are really sorry for delay

To me good customer service with what has happened. Looks good for future trade.

The Great Chinese Hop Order 2010 maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Craftbrewer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back