2009 Chinese Hop Quality - A Satisfaction Poll

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How happy are you with the beer brewed with these hops?

• Very happy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Happy

• Neutral

• Not happy

• Very unhappy

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks heaps Kaiser Soze, great little review.

Looks to me like as you said it's worth at least using these as a bittering addition, then maybe having these and something else for flavour, and then not using these at all for aroma.

Still definitely worth having.

Interesting to see our feedback nearly matches Kaiser, at least I know it's not just me :)

Looking forward to some feedback on the other varieties now.

is there a public poll option on AHB? if the results are getting skewed, can see who's doing it...

Who's the clown that said they were very unhappy with all 3 including the price?

The Marco Polo summer Ale is on tap in the shop for any one interested.

Will follow with a review shortly.

Cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer

Great Ross!

Bit far for me to travel, but will be very interested in your review!!

Either that or he's succumbed to some rare Chinese disease only communicable via faecal transfer.

Will follow with a review shortly.

Cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer

Whats the verdict Ross?
Cheers
Steve

I managed to avoid Christmas shopping today and used going to the brew shop as the excuse.

Was offered the Marco Polo summer ale as soon as I walked in the door and found it to be very bitter up front (for a 30 odd IBU beer), with a lemon after taste. Can't say I'd go out of my way to have another crack at it.

Also managed a quick snort of Pocket Beers Chinese Cascade beer as well. Definate candied orange peel smell also got some musty/earthiness on the palate, which I wouldn't expect from the US-05.

Had a few other different beers while there, the Italian smoked Amber brought in direct from Italy by one customer was an interesting drop.

Cheers,

GT

Who's the clown that said they were very unhappy with all 3 including the price?
beer_clown.jpg
changed his mind

Looks a bit like Snow when he's not molesting infaltables :huh: .
Taste tested some MP#1on the punters over here and it was a ok-ish thumbs up, like a muted cross betwixt simco and challanger, beer itself will need a few more days before going public

Your beers are always pubic :p

:icon_offtopic: Any chance you'll be at home tomorrow? Got a few hours to kill in the arvo while I wait for a f**king plane :)

Cheers!

How early?
I've been on the piss with GG and Sully most of the day :icon_cheers:
and expect the rest of the evening to end badly :unsure: .
Still bold and the brave etc,,,,,
:beer:
OK you talked me intoit,

More importantly, how late? I've got a haircut sometime before three, then a visit to the Apple Store for an iPhone purchase before 6, and then I need to be at the airport by 9PM...............

Cheers

PS: An evening at yours ending badly????!?!?!?!!?!?!?! WTF? If you're not naked in the pool yet, you're not doing it right! :p

PPS: Log off AHB

PPPS: I'll be over before the rooster starts going off.... So maybe by 7:30 PM :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back