Join Australia's Biggest Brew Day 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im getting asked to log in!

Sorry guys, appears to be a problem with google spreadsheets - a lot of reports of the issue on google forums. I got a quote from a web developer and they said it would be about 5 hours work to code and publish something tailored for our puporse. More than I can afford :(

Luckily Im in IT.... and trying to work out something now.

Scotsman just put update on this thread and I will manually enter on excel sheet until i get this worked out.

Thanks Sammus.

Sorry my thing didn't work :(

I can't replicate the problem for the life of me now so I'd hoped it'd bee resolved. Even with old versions on IE6 on another computer that don't seem to adhere to any kind of web coding standards I'm not being asked to login when I try and view it. Whereas 2 days ago, using Googles own web browser, I was having issues when I signed out of my account. Ah well.. Lets hope something works out. My brother is a web developer that I spoke to, he is busy with about a million projects at the moment otherwise he'd probably do it for nix for charity's sake. I'll continue to bug him about it, he might cave in :)

And well, I hate to say this, but is it really that hard to sign up for a google account? I didn't know there were people with internet access that don't have one! I think they are the most useful account one could have online (apart from AHB of course ;))

Katie, so how are updates being managed now? I have $2.50 per L of donations already... probably get a couple more before the actual day too.

And well, I hate to say this, but is it really that hard to sign up for a google account? I didn't know there were people with internet access that don't have one! I think they are the most useful account one could have online (apart from AHB of course ;))

Just signed up for google account took 2 seconds!!

Cheers

Ill manage it until I get something worked out. Ive update your donations.

If everybody just puts it here Ill update the one I have. Im always looking at this thread. And also occasionally I can get into the one on here.

Currently we have 2402LITRES and total donations $1359.50. Still got a little while to get more and not everybody has put there donations in yet.

Finally opened it...

whom ever this is: 45: NSW Xmas in July Case Swap Demo BIAB brew... Please put there SCREEN NAME down. I dont know who you are.

Cheers

Katie

Sorry KT - that's my fault. Put me down as the contact as I'm the big mouth driving it ! (like someone do this for me .. got into google sheets once real easy, no luck next few times. )

Sorry KT - that's my fault. Put me down as the contact as I'm the big mouth driving it ! (like someone do this for me .. got into google sheets once real easy, no luck next few times. )

okay... yeah I know it worked really well... rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Today it is one month before The Australia's Biggest Brew Day 2009 starts.

So far we have 45 participants would be great to get over 50.

Litres brewed is 2402L
Donations: is $1409.50

Not everybody has entered there donations and litres. If you can not open the spreadsheet just put your changes here and I will update.

The two charities are The National Breast Cancer Foundation

and

RSPCA

Cheers

Katie

Katie and Chappo, can I throw a spanner in the works? :) Could we have an option that allows us to donate to a charity of our own choice?

I watched this Four Corners program the other night and was horrified by it - unbelievable stuff.

If I am allowed to donate to Stepping Stones run by Gary Foxcroft featured in the story, then I could get pretty enthusiastic about that cause and would mention it to a few other people as well as throwing in a couple of hundred bucks myself.

Maybe having this, Own Choice," option would result in moire dollars being raised? I'd prefer the end result of this being something like, "Brewers raise $2,500 for charity," rather than, "Brewers raise $1,500 for two charities." (Sounds better too!)

To ensure people who chose this Own Choice option get their donation added to the official tally, they should forward a receipt of some sort on to you.

Personally, I really want to do something to help these tortured, totally innocent kids. If you give me the OK, I'll immediately pledge $200 for My Own Choice and I reckon I will end up getting a lot more.

Let me know if this is OK.

Spot and thanks for all your hard work :icon_cheers:
Patch

Katie and Chappo, can I throw a spanner in the works? :) Could we have an option that allows us to donate to a charity of our own choice?

I watched this Four Corners program the other night and was horrified by it - unbelievable stuff.

If I am allowed to donate to Stepping Stones run by Gary Foxcroft featured in the story, then I could get pretty enthusiastic about that cause and would mention it to a few other people as well as throwing in a couple of hundred bucks myself.

Maybe having this, Own Choice," option would result in moire dollars being raised? I'd prefer the end result of this being something like, "Brewers raise $2,500 for charity," rather than, "Brewers raise $1,500 for two charities." (Sounds better too!)

To ensure people who chose this Own Choice option get their donation added to the official tally, they should forward a receipt of some sort on to you.

Personally, I really want to do something to help these tortured, totally innocent kids. If you give me the OK, I'll immediately pledge $200 for My Own Choice and I reckon I will end up getting a lot more.

Let me know if this is OK.

Spot and thanks for all your hard work :icon_cheers:
Patch

Its a nice thought... Maybe something we can do next year.

You're a very naughty girl Katie. Go straight to my room.

I will call you on the weekend to convince you that Daddy knows best.

:)
Patch

Ok it's time to press on for the home run so hopefully this can be a success it deserves to be.

I have pulled a few personal strings and it looks like this event can get some media coverage via the new current affair styled show hosted by Andrew Daddo on channel 9. So what I need is some not so camera shy brewers from capital cities around Australia to put their hand up to be filmed on their respective brew days. PM me if your interested please ASAP. Now this is not a certainty ATM but it's looking good to get some coverage, it really comes down to the producers, but it does apparently nicely fit into the national concept of the show. So Katie we probably need to confirm if we can use the Charities names on "Air" and whether they can provide us with a spokesperson to do a short bit of PR? It would also be good if you are available to be the spokes person and organiser so that there is a face to the cause.

ALSO

I will be having my "Australia's Biggest Brew Day" attempt at CraftBrewers on the the 25th July 2009. There will be a sausage sizzle and some entertainment via me cursing a swearing at "Sherman". I am looking for at least 5 interested, preferably, noobs and or K&K brewers to join me, you'll get a cube full of wort to ferment as well as see what is involved in an AG brew. I'm hoping to brew at least 5 Double batches (Approx 210lts) of All Grain goodness on the day and I haven't decided on any recipes as yet. Perhaps those willing to participate with me can make some suggestions. I will be asking those interested in joining me to sponsor me and donate to our charities as payment for the wort. Put it this way donate 10c a litre it will cost a massive $21 for 21lts of wort, cheaper than a fresh wort kit, no?
Anyway PM me if your interested.

I'll be fine tuning the details over the next few weeks so stay tuned.

Cheers and beers

Chappo

Ok it's time to press on for the home run so hopefully this can be a success it deserves to be.

I have pulled a few personal strings and it looks like this event can get some media coverage via the new current affair styled show hosted by Andrew Daddo on channel 9. So what I need is some not so camera shy brewers from capital cities around Australia to put their hand up to be filmed on their respective brew days. PM me if your interested please ASAP. Now this is not a certainty ATM but it's looking good to get some coverage, it really comes down to the producers, but it does apparently nicely fit into the national concept of the show. So Katie we probably need to confirm if we can use the Charities names on "Air" and whether they can provide us with a spokesperson to do a short bit of PR? It would also be good if you are available to be the spokes person and organiser so that there is a face to the cause.

ALSO

I will be having my "Australia's Biggest Brew Day" attempt at CraftBrewers on the the 25th July 2009. There will be a sausage sizzle and some entertainment via me cursing a swearing at "Sherman". I am looking for at least 5 interested, preferably, noobs and or K&K brewers to join me, you'll get a cube full of wort to ferment as well as see what is involved in an AG brew. I'm hoping to brew at least 5 Double batches (Approx 210lts) of All Grain goodness on the day and I haven't decided on any recipes as yet. Perhaps those willing to participate with me can make some suggestions. I will be asking those interested in joining me to sponsor me and donate to our charities as payment for the wort. Put it this way donate 10c a litre it will cost a massive $21 for 21lts of wort, cheaper than a fresh wort kit, no?
Anyway PM me if your interested.

I'll be fine tuning the details over the next few weeks so stay tuned.

Cheers and beers

Chappo

Ill get in contact with the charities today...

You are a f**cking Champion!!!!!

Cheers

Katie

Hi guys,

Can we get one post (perhaps in a new thread) that consolidates all the info about this great day (when, why, how, who for, payment etc). I would like to be able to direct people (who are sponsoring me) to a post that covers it all rather than for them to trawl through the thread for the details.

If this already exist and I have missed it sorry.

Cheers Cubbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back