Join Australia's Biggest Brew Day 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Katherine

Reaction score
gallery_9761_435_5613.jpg

The main aim of the day is for Aussie Craft Brewers to raise money for Charity by doing what you do best, making the best beer in world. But this is also an opportunity for you to give something back to our Australian community via two great national charities that have being chosen. These charities are represented nationally and provide invaluable services to all of our communities. We have the support of The National Breast Cancer Foundation and RSPCA!​
Craft brewing can be a bit of a solitary affair at times and is often a misunderstood hobby by those around us. In fact many people don't see our craft as a hobby at all, but merely as a means to make cheap inferior beer. We know that's not true. We know is there is so much more to it than just a cheap source of beer. So we would like those who participate in the day to invite family, friends and even the odd noobie to be part of the day. Show them what you do and how you do it. Be proud of your craft and introduce them to the real world of beer and brewing!​
As means to raise money and to add some fun get your family and friends to sponsor you on a per litre basis. Kind of read-a-thon style but you're making delicious beer, for a good cause for once! (Not that personal consumption is a bad cause hey?).​
There will be a $300.00 gift voucher from your choice of AHB site sponsor for the biggest collection of sponsorship monies over the weekend. There will be a minimum $5 donation, which isn't bad considering you could win $300.00 of gear for a $5 investment.​
There will also be fame and eternal kudos for the following as well:​
  • Most litres produced
  • Biggest Grain Bill
  • Biggest Hop Bill
  • Largest OG
  • Biggest stuff up
  • Best Boil Over
  • Best pictures
Anyway make a day of it, have a BBQ and invite some non brewing mates over for a look see and a few cold brews. Most of all have fun and enjoy it! It's your day for your craft.​
Date: Friday 24th July starting at noon until Sunday 26th of July ending Midnight.​
Registration closes: 22nd July 2009​
Sponsorship: 5c - $1.00 a litre (you, friends and family) minimum $5 donation please. Please note that ALL monies raised will be split equally amongst the charities nominated.
Prize: $300.00 Gift Voucher for the most sponsorship raised and deposited.​
Brew as much ALL GRAIN as you can between those hours. Put litres on wiki page​
Bonus incentive: you get to keep the beer
Most of all have fun​
Crusaders​
Katherine Nupier​
Trent Chapman​

wiki page and link coming soon....

Please still update previous thread.

Sweet, I should be a shoe-in for the biggest stuffup. ;)

Mean! you should make up some generic letter or email that we can send round to try and get charity $$$ off people...

Ill send a heap out ;)

Mean! you should make up some generic letter or email that we can send round to try and get charity $$ off people...

Ill send a heap out ;)

on to it... we need to get the Charities worked out... There proving to be a pain the ass!

Thank you everybody that has supported this weekend so far and also for your patience.

Oooohhh i will be in for the biggest stuuf up or boil over ;)

on to it... we need to get the Charities worked out... There proving to be a pain the ass!

Thank you everybody that has supported this weekend so far and also for your patience.

And also - from an international perspective - would you expect us to send the $$ over to Aussie? or could we donate to a local charity?

And also - from an international perspective - would you expect us to send the $ over to Aussie? or could we donate to a local charity?

mmmm yeah had not thought of that one... Please give Chappo and myself until early next in regards to Charities we have already had a no! from a huge non profit organisation due to the nature of our hobby. Believe me the National Charity Manager was not happy to say no!

It is in my interest to have the charities in our favour as I would like to make this a yearly event. If we have them on side the easier it is to get people to sponsor us. If no joy on the matter we will probably make it that the individuals can donate to who they wish.

OK Guys Katie and I roughed out a spreadsheet to keep tabs on who, how much etc. Here's the first draft. Once we get the Wiki up we should all be able to track it thru there.

BTW for the more Tech savvy members we are looking for someone to help organise and coordinate the webcasts etc. Can someone throw their hat in to help as I am as tech savy as a bag of brick, yeah? ;)

Cheers

Chappo

View attachment Australias_biggest_brew_day2009.xls

HEY brick head were is the litreage tally?

we have already had a no! from a huge non profit organisation due to the nature of our hobby. Believe me the National Charity Manager was not happy to say no!

Thats bollocks! :angry: Hating on our hobby even tho were trying to help with donations and at the same time educate people that were not all just piss heads :angry:

:(

Thats bollocks! :angry: Hating on our hobby even tho were trying to help with donations and at the same time educate people that were not all just piss heads :angry:

:(

I know, the guy was fantastic (loves home brew himself)... he was quite upset! If the media got hold of it it would end up doing them damage. Mainly because the organisation is connected with children! It's something I had not thought of I knew I would get a few laughs due to the fact of it not being the most conventional way of collecting money for charity.

and I want bigger....

and Warren if I see you on this thread again on putting you done for 44litres!

Hey Chappo,

You should try and get a hold of the Courier Mail and try and gee up an article in the "Good Life" section as some Media exposure for it, and/or maybe Channel 7??

I reckon that they would be really interested, its all about News and if its going to Charity, even better...

:icon_cheers: CB

I know, the guy was fantastic (loves home brew himself)... he was quite upset! If the media got hold of it it would end up doing them damage. Mainly because the organisation is connected with children! It's something I had not thought of I knew I would get a few laughs due to the fact of it not being the most conventional way of collecting money for charity.

Stupid bloody media :angry:

I'm aiming for the "most things broken" or "stuck sparge" award ;)
Pete, maybe we should brew together so we can watch each others backs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back