Join Australia's Biggest Brew Day 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and I want bigger....

and Warren if I see you on this thread again on putting you done for 44litres!

Not fair, baiting him like that Katie. :p

...Hating on our hobby even tho were trying to help with donations and at the same time educate people that were not all just piss heads :angry:

:(

RevKnut I feel what you feel but there two things we can do mate. One we can get mad, fight and lose or Two we can just plain get even. I am very passionate about this hobby and I see it as a ligitimate hobby. Unfortunately the greater public don't. We are more perceived as a bunch of cheap skates trying to save a buck by making our own beer. But we can change that in a positive manner just like we are now. I remember when Bikies were loathed by the community, then they started their toy runs for childrens hospitals and the public perception changed their view of them completely. WE NEED TO DO THE SAME! And that's what is at they heart of this event. If I can 20 people to my place on the 25th and show them the art and science involved in brewing a magnificent beer then I will be happy as a pig in poop.

So everybody who can get involved PLEASE get involved and pitch in.

10 points for that man and a round of applause! Well said mate! :)

great work getting this together to all involved. not sure if i can brew that weekend, but will certainly try.

Hey Chappo,

You should try and get a hold of the Courier Mail and try and gee up an article in the "Good Life" section as some Media exposure for it, and/or maybe Channel 7??

I reckon that they would be really interested, its all about News and if its going to Charity, even better...

:icon_cheers: CB

Good suggestion CB and I'm on to it but we need to get some ground swell of support first. Also if we can get a major charity or two to endorse it (which ain't far away) then even better.

Oh! BTW sponsors and retailers I will be knocking on your door or phone very soon OK! I know you guys are good for it, yeah!

Good suggestion CB and I'm on to it but we need to get some ground swell of support first. Also if we can get a major charity or two to endorse it (which ain't far away) then even better.

Oh! BTW sponsors and retailers I will be knocking on your door or phone very soon OK! I know you guys are good for it, yeah!

also we need more support from AHB members... come on guys! im not naming names yet! at the least its a $5.00 entry fee and you get to keep your beer! Lets make this an event we can all be proud of.

Thanks, Nice work Katie & Chappo.My computor skills squat, so no help there.I will be inviting a few people over on the day and shake them down for money though. ;)
GB

I'll be in NZ, but I will donate some money to charity.

Good brewing all.

Brilliantly said, Chappo.
We could contact Today Tonight... cutting edge journalism at it's finest :lol: , but the target audience is ideal.

We are only up to 1397litres!

this is a time when size does matter.... So come on guys show us what you got! :beerbang:

Woah since when did one day last a whole weekend? I reckon I could knock out 2 double batches at least if we have both days... all I need is another fermentor. If I can find a few cheap fermenters heck, I'll do a two day triple batch. Wait.. 24th to the 26th inclusive? that's 3 days! 9 batches! 25L/batch is 225L

Now, I could make them all double imperial belgian triples... then I'd be in the running for the most grain used lol. Say 18kg of grain per brew, hmm 162kg.. I don't think I have that much grain.. or can afford... Oh well, a man can dream :D

nominating myself for "most swear words uttered"

Still chasing a computer/interwebs/webcast guru to help us out here. Don't be shy the pays crap and the people you have to work with are well... not well in the head. PM me if you want?

Cheers

Chappo

Most litres produced
Biggest Grain Bill
Biggest Hop Bill

Wouldn't these three go hand in hand?

if you produced the most litres you would probably have used the biggest grain bill and biggest hop bill
or is the bottom two calculated on a percentage bassis per litre?

i do love your work tho guys ;)

Rob.

Wouldn't these three go hand in hand?

if you produced the most litres you would probably have used the biggest grain bill and biggest hop bill
or is the bottom two calculated on a percentage bassis per litre?

i do love your work tho guys ;)

Rob.

Nope, I could do a 25L of a big double imperial IPA or barelywine or something and use heaps more hops and grain than if you did say 50 or 75L of aussie lager or a wheat beer or something :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back