Join Australia's Biggest Brew Day 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How are we organising to put the sponserhip money forward to charity??

Please find sponsorship forms, please print out and get donations.

View attachment 27028

"why cant you attach EXCEL or WORD documents to the article section... rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Katie, I converted it to .pdf for you and added it to the wiki.

How are we organising to put the sponserhip money forward to charity??
I have Dane's approval and thinking along the lines of people sending it to AHB and then the cheques will be sent to chosen charities.

I can then get confirmation from Charities that they have received it. So everybody can know that it is legitimate! That is one of the reasons I want this to be recognised by the charties and not have silent donations.

Also bumping this as more partipants would be good!

Katie,

I'm thinking that is nearly time to start naming and shaming some of the older guard and mods who haven't join up yet? Wadda ya reckon?

Chappo

They have nothing to loose but $5.00.....

Who remembers Romper Room....

Romper, bomper, stomper boo. Tell me, tell me, tell me, do. Magic mirror, tell me today. Have all my friends had fun at play?"
"I can see Peas and Corn, PoMo and Warrenlw63 and Guest Lurker too and all of you boys and girls out there!"

Romper, bomper, stomper boo. Tell me, tell me, tell me, do. Magic mirror, tell me today. Have all my friends had fun at play?"
"I can see Peas and Corn, PoMo and Warrenlw63 and Guest Lurker too and all of you boys and girls out there!"

Well Katie I wasn't going to out:

Jayse
Batz
fraser_John
ROSS
Mothballs
devo
Adamt
MikE
Screwtop
Cocko

Come on guys! :beerbang:

Ok since I am being targeted I guess I need to respond.

I find this concept odd, I dont have a problem with other people doing it but I don't plan to join in.

Having people over and showing them about brewing is a great idea, and I have been doing that in Perth for longer than many people who have signed up have been brewing. I have taught quite a lot of people on this forum how to brew, I never charge them any money and I always give them a pile of the beer they helped with. I often have people show up at my door with samples of beer asking if I can help diagnose problems. I have had more large group brew days at my house than I can count, I supply the beer, the ingredients, the lunch, often then dinner, and all I want in return is to see other people develop the same enthusiasm I have for brewing. So I think I am a strong supporter of craft brewing in Perth.

But like the charities first approached, I find the concept of asking for charitable donations because I am making beer strange, and I wouldnt feel right suggesting that to people I invite over for a brew day.

I also can't understand why the fact that I donate my time to moderating this forum would obligate me to participate. So, in short, while I wish you guys well, I wont be participating, and I find it strange that I should be hassled for that.

Ok since I am being targeted I guess I need to respond.

I find this concept odd, I dont have a problem with other people doing it but I don't plan to join in.

Having people over and showing them about brewing is a great idea, and I have been doing that in Perth for longer than many people who have signed up have been brewing. I have taught quite a lot of people on this forum how to brew, I never charge them any money and I always give them a pile of the beer they helped with. I often have people show up at my door with samples of beer asking if I can help diagnose problems. I have had more large group brew days at my house than I can count, I supply the beer, the ingredients, the lunch, often then dinner, and all I want in return is to see other people develop the same enthusiasm I have for brewing. So I think I am a strong supporter of craft brewing in Perth.

But like the charities first approached, I find the concept of asking for charitable donations because I am making beer strange, and I wouldnt feel right suggesting that to people I invite over for a brew day.

I also can't understand why the fact that I donate my time to moderating this forum would obligate me to participate. So, in short, while I wish you guys well, I wont be participating, and I find it strange that I should be hassled for that.

Ditto.

But good luck with it.

never charge them any money

just to clarify we are not charging anybody money for this event... it's all for charity! and at minimum $5.00!

just to clarify we are not charging anybody money for this event... it's all for charity! and at minimum $5.00!

I realize that Katie, but I don't think a "Naming of Names" is a good way to go about things especially for a charity event.
I think you will get more people joining when you have finalized and posted all the details and not by the above route.

Like I said good luck and I hope you raise heaps.

Andrew

Katie /Chappo
Just double checked the date. This is the weekend before I go OS. So brewing might not be possibly. I was planning on laying down a lager with a set and forget mentality, but unsure if I can be part of this day. Put me down on the bench, as tentative.
Cheers

I realize that Katie, but I don't think a "Naming of Names" is a good way to go about things especially for a charity event.
I think you will get more people joining when you have finalized and posted all the details and not by the above route.

Like I said good luck and I hope you raise heaps.

Andrew

Thanks for your good luck wishes... you did not actually write what I put in quotations. I was just clarifying that one point and that is how i left it. What we are doing is no different to rattling a can out side in the mall!

but yes you may be correct some people have different opinions on charity so airing them in public may not have being that way so fair enough. The process of getting the charities approval has taken longer then I thought!

Cheers

Katie /Chappo
Just double checked the date. This is the weekend before I go OS. So brewing might not be possibly. I was planning on laying down a lager with a set and forget mentality, but unsure if I can be part of this day. Put me down on the bench, as tentative.
Cheers

cheers

Geez Guys I was only having a little fun! No need to get the knickers in a twist? If you've taken offence then that wasn't my intention. Basically you either want to be a part of it or you don't, it's pretty simple. I find the concept of brewing for money no more bizarre than cycling across the Simpson Desert in +40C heat, swimming the English Channel or putting a red nose on your face for charity. Anyway we all have our opinions.

At the end of the day it's meant to be a little bit of fun and to raise some money for charity.

Chappo

This is a cool idea but not being an AG brewer I can't join in. If it works out would you extend it to partial and extract brewers in future?

Essentially it's about raising money and brewing good beer.

This is a cool idea but not being an AG brewer I can't join in. If it works out would you extend it to partial and extract brewers in future?

Essentially it's about raising money and brewing good beer.

I agree, this is the AHB forum, not the AHBAG forum. I don't distiguish between my latest Yorkie or the toucan 9% stout I'm going to insult my brain cells with again this year :icon_drunk:
I also <stir> suggest this thread should be moved to the Pub subforum </stir>

I'm not meaning to piss on anyone's parade though - it's a great idea and if you want to start small with only a few brewers I have no problem at all. Just curious about the potential future as I think it could (and should) expand.

Sorry for using the word 'piss' which is a rude word and rude words are bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back