Sydney upcoming competitions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirons

Reaction score
I was a the Hop and Grain this morning and I saw 2 flyers -- PLEASE NOTE: I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH THE COMPS. I just wanted to pass along the info from the flyers. :) Happy brewing!

Sydney's wild, wild southwest hombrew competition

The Hop and Grain Moorebank and Casey's Brewery are giving you the opportunity to have your hombrew turned into fresh wort kits. Spend a day with Pat at Casey's Brewery learning the steps from brewing to packaging. Free entry and competition open to all types of homebrewers (all grain or extract).

Send in your best homebrew beer and let the judges decide!

Entry requirements:
  • Drop off your entries to the Hop and Grain Moorebank, or Casey's Brewery
  • Beer labeled with labels provided, to include name, phone number, beer style and ABV
  • 4 x 330ml - 375ml bottles to be submitted per entry (bottles only)
Prizes:
First place: Brew your beer with Pat into fresh wort kits. Keep 5 work kits for family and friends. Beer to be served on tap at Casey's Brewery, and kits to be sold throughout homebrew stores.
Plus $100 Hop and Grain voucher
Second place: $150 Hop and Grain voucher plus merchandise pack
Third place: $75 Hop and Grain voucher plus merchandise pack

Dates:
14 February - Competition opens
9th April - Final Day for Drop Off
19th April - Judging at Casey's Brewery, winners announced
Early May: Brewing of fresh wort kits

Email: moorebank at thehopandgrain.com.au for labels or collect from Hop and Grain Moorbank or Casey's Brewery

Staves Brewery brew darker home brewers competition

Winner gets to brew and tap their beer at Staves Brewery for our winter solstice event. Entries close Sunday 8th May.

Conditions:
  • Brew a dark beer. Keep it traditional or get creative.
  • Submit 2 bottles with a description and ABV by Sunday 8th May.
  • Post a picture on brew day and tag @stavesbrewery and #stavesbrewdarkercomp.
  • The entry beer must be brewed specifically for the comp.
  • Must be available for brew day between the 17th and 19th May.
  • We will supply you with your grist if using Gladfield malts (max 8kgs), send your recipe to zac at stavesbrewery.com before or by Friday 1st of April.
  • Open to home brewers only.

Latest posts

Back