Join Australia's Biggest Brew Day 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have nothing to loose but $5.00.....

Who remembers Romper Room....

Romper, bomper, stomper boo. Tell me, tell me, tell me, do. Magic mirror, tell me today. Have all my friends had fun at play?"
"I can see Peas and Corn, PoMo and Warrenlw63 and Guest Lurker too and all of you boys and girls out there!"

Nice! :p

well if you had read the whole thread, or maybe its on the old one you would already know what im about to say. We have three in mind, One has rejected our monies. Two are in the process of being looked at by the foundations. And today I am approaching another child based foundation. Which looks good as there is no talk of booze in there guidelines.

and dont trash this thread with k&k thrashing it was not my intent!

I'm considering taking part, and I certainly support the intent of what's being done. However, I would certainly like to know what charities will be benefiting before I put my hat in the ring.

First one was SIDS... they rejected due to booze.... Though the national charity manager was a top bloke and enjoys a homebrew himself. It hurt him to have to say no. He actually tried a second time. They will happily take the money but it will have to be silent.

The second one is National Breast Cancer Foundation, it is in process but takes two weeks.

Third one is RSPCA still waiting to hear back from them.

I'm approaching the Starlight foundation today.

I want this to be recocognised so we have no problem with it being legitimate and easier to get donations. Last think Chappo and I need is people thinking we are dodgy.

If we can not get recognition from the charities this year, the funds will be silently donated. If everybody is happy with that.

If anybody has any other suggestion for a charity that would be appreciated.

Katie

First one was SIDS... they rejected due to booze.... Though the national charity manager was a top bloke and enjoys a homebrew himself. It hurt him to have to say no. He actually tried a second time. They will happily take the money but it will have to be silent.

The second one is National Breast Cancer Foundation, it is in process but takes two weeks.

Third one is RSPCA still waiting to hear back from them.

I'm approaching the Starlight foundation today.

I want this to be recocognised so we have no problem with it being legitimate and easier to get donations. Last think Chappo and I need is people thinking we are dodgy.

If we can not get recognition from the charities this year, the funds will be silently donated. If everybody is happy with that.

If anybody has any other suggestion for a charity that would be appreciated.

Katie

If I implied anything along the lines that you might be pulling a swiftie, it certainly wasn't intended- I appreciate that this isn't an easy task for you, and good on you for taking it on :)

If I implied anything along the lines that you might be pulling a swiftie, it certainly wasn't intended- I appreciate that this isn't an easy task for you, and good on you for taking it on :)

Rev... kind of waiting for that one...

P & C not at all.

Yep this all fun, huh Katie? Lucky we can handle rejection well?

The 10,000 word submissions you need to make and the paper work you need to fill in to openly donate to these charities is incredible. I guess they don't want their good causes tarnished by what the media might pick up on in this incredibly politically correct world we live in. Anyway I can't see why anyone should hold back on signing up depending on Charity? It ain't a Bulk Buy?

Katie been working her butt off to get a couple charities on board guys and gals so if we could have a wee bit of patience it would be appreciated. Trust me Katie is putting enough pressure on herself to come through with this at the end of the day.

Thanks guys for your continued support!

Cheers :icon_cheers:

Chappo

Edit: Speelinkz

BTW RevKnut and Muckey you'se will keep!

I can't see why anyone should hold back on signing up depending on Charity?

I was going too sit this out without commenting , however this line has got me...

Soap box ...
Too many charitys have huge management arms that eat up vast sums of donations befor it gos anyway towards helping the target group.. Managers and CEO even get bonuses just like bank bosses ..

I have lived and traveled in southern Africa and seen first hand where your donations end up ... I have seen boat loads of US AID grain being sold by the cup full , with ak47 weilding gaurds taking shots at anybody trying too help themselves ... I've bought tinned fish , fruit and milk powder from AID stations , and I worked for a company that bought doanted tractors , The Italian people donated them to the people of an area in Mozambique, The area top dog sold them to this company and pissed off with the money , the people of said area went on farmming by hand and we grew tobacco with them ... This stuff is happening all the time , sweet F&#@ all ends up helpping the people its soposed to ...

So by all means chuck your money away by randomly donatting too any bloody money makking organization ....
Off Soap box

I will donate too the Slavos , yes they have a bussines arm however they are there when we need them most , I have allso had there help ..

Out

I like animal welfare charities. I'm definitely up for RSPCA if they come to the party. Maybe WIRES could be another option.

And who put me down for 5c/L in the spreadsheet!! Makes me look like a total cheaparse! :lol:

Not sure if I can update it or if somebody else has to, but I would like to make the donation 20c/L instead.

Given temperatures have headed south recently, and US hops are BLOODY expensive, I think I might brew an English Mild instead. Nothing better as a Winter quaffer! Got some lovely Styrians in the freezer that are begging to be used in a beer like this.

Whoopsie TD sorry mate! I was just testing to see how much 5c was over a normal brew. :icon_cheers:

Soap box ...
Too many charitys have huge management arms that eat up vast sums of donations befor it gos anyway towards helping the target group.. Managers and CEO even get bonuses just like bank bosses ..

I have lived and traveled in southern Africa and seen first hand where your donations end up ... I have seen boat loads of US AID grain being sold by the cup full , with ak47 weilding gaurds taking shots at anybody trying too help themselves ... I've bought tinned fish , fruit and milk powder from AID stations , and I worked for a company that bought doanted tractors , The Italian people donated them to the people of an area in Mozambique, The area top dog sold them to this company and pissed off with the money , the people of said area went on farmming by hand and we grew tobacco with them ... This stuff is happening all the time , sweet F&#@ all ends up helpping the people its soposed to ...

So by all means chuck your money away by randomly donatting too any bloody money makking organization ....
Off Soap box

:icon_offtopic: Actually I agree with you Bunyip. I think that unfortunately SOME Charities aren't overly transparent to how your donation dollar is spent and in some cases they have a lot to answer for, I guess not everybody works for free? It was a while back now but my Father was very high up in David Jones and he was head hunted by a charity with a retail arm to join them. They were offering him $50K more than what DJ's were paying him at the time. He didn't join them but I do remember him having a rather sour taste in his mouth over the whole thing. FWIW it takes money to run charities just some do more with what they have got. :icon_cheers:

Chappo

I was going too sit this out without commenting , however this line has got me...

Soap box ...

Off Soap box

I will donate too the Slavos , yes they have a bussines are however they are there when we need them most , I have allso had there help ..

Out

Fair enough... as you see World vision is not part of the charities chosen. The charities that have being chosen are within Australia. You must understand people need to be paid to keep the foundations going and also the research. Most people that work within non profit organisations do not get large sums of money. Can you let me know what Foundation you are talking about that gets these massive bonuses????

I have made sure World Vision and aid work charities are not chosen. It does not help their economy... yes the money might school the child and build a well... once the child has grown and educationed and go out into the workforce to find there is no economy due to lazy/corrupt govt who rely ON AID! So I say let the developed world stop sponsoring rebel and guerrillas. So FNQ Bunyip you will probably find we may be on the same page there. BUT

I think the problems of Africa are cased by the white liberal, rich western elites - not the African people themselves. They are simply trapped in the prison created for them.

:icon_cheers:

I like animal welfare charities. I'm definitely up for RSPCA if they come to the party. Maybe WIRES could be another option.

And who put me down for 5c/L in the spreadsheet!! Makes me look like a total cheaparse! :lol:

Not sure if I can update it or if somebody else has to, but I would like to make the donation 20c/L instead.

Given temperatures have headed south recently, and US hops are BLOODY expensive, I think I might brew an English Mild instead. Nothing better as a Winter quaffer! Got some lovely Styrians in the freezer that are begging to be used in a beer like this.
Yeah that was dodgy Chappo doing that... and fair enough on not doing the hopburst I was just being cheeky.

Sun bears are another good one!

Good luck with finding an appropriate charity, would plan my first A.G for this day but will be on a plane at the time...

We have one major foundation on side... They said yes! Two to go!

We have one major foundation on side... They said yes! Two to go!
Well done Katie.

We're still with you....In fact, there will be some solid plans laid out for the big day on Thursday night at the BABBs meeting.

Keep up the good work. :beerbang:

PB

Fantastic... good news Pockets.

Ive being away so a bit slack, as my partners cousin kept saying away on a beer conference!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back