Join Australia's Biggest Brew Day 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news indeed.

I don't know how much of a bureaucratic nightmare it would be but I put a lot of stock in the work of Medicins sans frontieres if you are developing a list.

I might be doing my stumbling best to assist an AG brewer (and participate/witness in my first ever AG brew day) but I'm gald to see the extra inclusion.

Good stuff.

can you write that in a way silly me can understand

1. It's good you are including Extract and partial brewers

2. If you are still searching for charities I nominate Medecins sans frontieres

3. I'm likely to be joining in but rather than hosting my own Partial brewday, I'll hopefully be assisting an AHB all grainer.

I was going to say I had not seen your name on the list!

Not one partial or extract on the list as yet!

They'll probably all make me look really bad now but thanks for being inclusive anyway. I'm sure it will become a regular event and many of them may have missed that post as the first still says All Grain..

I'll get in touch with a couple I know and see if they are interested in being involved somehow.

I was going to say I had not seen your name on the list!

Katie,
Maybe none of the partial/extract guys know they are included now (assuming I havent mis-read)?? They probably stopped following the thread since they thought it was only AG???

They'll probably all make me look really bad now but thanks for being inclusive anyway. I'm sure it will become a regular event and many of them may have missed that post as the first still says All Grain..

I'll get in touch with a couple I know and see if they are interested in being involved somehow.

Yes it is ALL your fault! So as punishment you must find Katie 10 good strong brewers to participate!

Chappo

if you're joining in somewhere why not see if you can add to the batch in some way and then get a cube to take home ;)

if you're joining in somewhere why not see if you can add to the batch in some way and then get a cube to take home
Do you mean by bringing a bag of grain or by adding a thirsty mouth to potential refreshments (which might be considered subtraction by less charitable types). I can do either and both.

Chappo said:
Yes it is ALL your fault! So as punishment you must find Katie 10 good strong brewers to participate!

If by 10 you actually meant 1.0 then I may be able to help.

That's 50% of all brewers I know (1 AG, 1 extract).

Do you mean by bringing a bag of grain or by adding a thirsty mouth to potential refreshments (which might be considered subtraction by less charitable types). I can do either and both.

if you can get agreement then it's an easy way for you to get a brew done :D

EDIT: and potentially bump up the litres brewed

Hey Katie/Chappo keep us posted with the updates on the charities. I've got heaps on in July, but if the RSPCA comes good, I'll certainly do my best to get in on this.

Just wondering what people think about the Starlight Foundation?

Sorry for coming back late here KT but only just caught the thread.

Had a bit to do with Starlight Foundation re: car rallies and raffles. Excellent mob, clean as a whistle to the best of my knowledge. As with most charities raised, all for a good cause. As with all charities, people on a payroll but you need them to run the thing.

For the uninitiated, Starlight Foundation is kind of like Make a Wish in fulfilling dreams for seriously / terminally ill kids (real heart tuggers).

Whatever you think best KT I'm sure all will agree.

Im pretty sure Rscpa will come good, now its between Starlight Foundation and The Big Issue.... The donation sheet is on the wiki under the original article, along with autoID info (something from my work, didnt mean it).

But then again we might leave it with 2 charities as Im unsure of how much money we will raise.

Great meeting you the other day Maple lot of fun. We hope to get back to Melbourne soon and do it all again. A city Ive never really apreciated before.

Katie

Im pretty sure Rscpa will come good, now its between Starlight Foundation and The Big Issue.... The donation sheet is on the wiki under the original article, along with autoID info (something from my work, didnt mean it).

But then again we might leave it with 2 charities as Im unsure of how much money we will raise.

Great meeting you the other day Maple lot of fun. We hope to get back to Melbourne soon and do it all again. A city Ive never really apreciated before.

Katie

So is this online publically editable spreadsheet any use at all?
(link again for those who missed)

I thought it would be a good way for people to add their info. If it's no good let me know and I'll delete it.

So is this online publically editable spreadsheet any use at all?
(link again for those who missed)

I thought it would be a good way for people to add their info. If it's no good let me know and I'll delete it.

not if you have not got a gmail adress

variety club will happily accept liquor related money. hell half their bash cars used to be sponsored by breweries etc. and there's always heaps of piss consumed at the events.

updated my litreage. the donation process is you donate X amount of dollars per litre you make? just want to be clear

updated my litreage. the donation process is you donate X amount of dollars per litre you make? just want to be clear

For example if you brew 20 litres and you donate $1.00 per litre it will be $20.00 plus $5.00 registration fee which also goes to charity. So that is $25.00. Also if you get friends to donate and they donate say 20c a ltr it would be $29.00. So that would be $1.20 per ltr. Im thinking thats the easiest way of doing it. Does that make sense?

So where are all the extract and partial guys???? :(

Cheers

Chappo

QUOTE (Katie @ May 28 2009, 11:51 AM) I was going to say I had not seen your name on the list!

Katie,
Maybe none of the partial/extract guys know they are included now (assuming I havent mis-read)?? They probably stopped following the thread since they thought it was only AG???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back