Join Australia's Biggest Brew Day 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't these three go hand in hand?

if you produced the most litres you would probably have used the biggest grain bill and biggest hop bill
or is the bottom two calculated on a percentage bassis per litre?

i do love your work tho guys ;)

Rob.

Yep % basis sorry RR should have made that clear.

Cheers

Chappo

I'm in for the Brewday at Chappos. :lol:

I'm in for the Brewday at Chappos. :lol:

If you need a lift you'll have to get in quick - Seats on the Chappo Express are nearly fully taken.... Chooo Chooo :lol:

Cheers Ross

chugga chugga chugga, woo woo "all aboard!"- id like to get in on that

Yep % basis sorry RR should have made that clear.

Cheers

Chappo

awh that's no fun, I like my explaination better :p I guess I'd just win by more lol

I huff and gruff of trying to get this organised with Katie we never really discussed what the rules should be for the kudos. We do however have a certain magician artist working on special kudos graphics for the winners.

So guys whats the best and fairest way to judge the kudos awards?

I guess the percentage thing is kinda fairer... Maybe the award should be more like highest OG instead of most grain? That takes into account batch size then..

Maybe IBU could take the place of most hops too? but then again you could use heaps of hops in just finishing, and if you dump a kilo of hops in the last 5min that deserves something :p

Anyone is perth willing todo a joint brewday, wouldnt mind getting some hints or tips from other brewers.

Cheers
Rob

I had to ring Katie to find out where to put your name down :eek: Apparently you do it for now in this thread

Top idea. Good on ya!

Katie, am going to email you now because, let's face it, you were in a pub when I rang so what are the chances of you actually remembering hearing what I said?

Rob C - If your gear is portable, then feel free to bring it around here.

Spot,
Pat

Can I apply for special dispensation to have it earlier?
I was planning to do one in July before I heard of this but there's every chance the rear of my house will be one big building site that weekend (and for the next couple of weeks).

Cheers

Campbell

I don't want to sink anyones boat so to speak, but I think if this is done properly, like as an 'official' brew-a-thon thingy, it needs to be done on the weekend. It'd be like doing movember in march, or doing one of those fun-run things on some other random day and not running with the pack - it kind of defeats the whole group spirit thing a bit.

But those who can't do it on the dedicated weekend, feel free to organise sponsors for any other brew day you have, and collect they money and donate it to a charity of your choice ;)

I don't want to sink anyones boat so to speak, but I think if this is done properly, like as an 'official' brew-a-thon thingy, it needs to be done on the weekend. It'd be like doing movember in march, or doing one of those fun-run things on some other random day and not running with the pack - it kind of defeats the whole group spirit thing a bit.

But those who can't do it on the dedicated weekend, feel free to organise sponsors for any other brew day you have, and collect they money and donate it to a charity of your choice ;)

+1 Sammus

The idea for all us brewers is to band together united on a given day (24th,25th or the 26th) for a good cause and raise some money for charity. But also to heighten the awareness of our hobby "slash" obsession to others outside of our sphere. Not to convert them ok but more to educate them to what we do? We know how disorganised our lives are it was decided early in the piece that a whole weekend could possible suit all willing to have a go (some of us have gotta work, yeah?) and lets face it,really?, we're like hearding trying a heard a mob of cats. We just hope that the involvement amongst us brewers takes precedence as you guys and our hobby is the focus.

Unfortunately we just can't cater for everyone but if we can undersatnd that and get in the spirit of it I'm sure it will work it out as a positive for us all?

many of the larger events do have dispensation for people who want to participate and cant on the day just needs to be organised prior and not too far off the orignal event.
I'm sure that it wouldn't matter too much if some who cant brew on that weekend were able to brew a few days before or after we could fit them in - it's for charity after all

hmm speaking of charity - Hope you fellas are going to keep an eye on Chappo - he needs all the help he can get :p

Can I apply for special dispensation to have it earlier?
I was planning to do one in July before I heard of this but there's every chance the rear of my house will be one big building site that weekend (and for the next couple of weeks).

Cheers

Campbell

Why not bring your kettle & 150 year old esky over here for the day?

Katie on Lloydies login

Patch I remember every word but thanks for the email.... My head is sore though....

1. Katie (WA) 80Litres
2. Reviled (NuZulland)
3. Half-Fix (QLD)
4. Chappo (QLD) 84L 2xDouble Batch 27.5kg (Any Noobs interested in joining me and learn not what to do? including detailed can opener lessons) $1/lt into the fermenter
5. Eric8 (NSW) 20 litres, maybe I could try a double if I get my BIAB bag in time, just joking GB
6. Brendo (Vic) 25l min... 50l or so if SJ and I don't team up.
7. Steve (ACT) 47L double Batch, 9kg grain
8. FatGodZilla (Tuross Heads NSW) 30 litres
9. Sully (QLD) 2x 20L batch and $1p/l to nominated charity (More cubes required ASAP)
10. T.D. (NSW) - 150L depending on the date chosen
11. BribieG (QLD)
12. Sammus? (NSW) - 50L or 75L (ie double or triple batch) depending on day and no. of free fermenters.
13. RandyRob (WA)
14. Captaincleanoff
15. Muckey (SA) - depending on work commitments (23l if busy, 46 if I have a day off, 1.5lt if Butters gets involved)
16. Retsamhsam (NSW) - 45L
17. NigeP62(SA) 44L probably a Sunday brew.
18. GB (WA) In for 50L (non BiAB)
19. Bradsbrew (Qlder) 40L (Bottle top donations accepted)
20. Scotsman06(SA) 46lt or 92lt(Will brew sometime in the day may be after 9pm depending on work)
21. Winkle (QLD) 40L (depending on if its done @ home or with BD)
22. Troydo (Qld) 25L AG
23. MVZOOM (NSW) 44L Minimum.. 90L if I get the full day..
24. Browndog (QLD) 20L
25. Rob C (WA) 20L
26. Pokolbinguy (NSW at the moment but will be SA in July.)
27. Sammy (ACT) 44L
28. Clean Brewer (QLD) Will brew on a Sunday, probably 2 single batches....
29. NickB (QLD) 23L or could maybe squeeze a double in (fermenter space permitting)
30. Rude 25 litres
31. Cocko 25 litres [Vic]
32. Supra-Jim some kind of double batch with Brendo (VIC)
33. Bizier (NSW) try for 75L BIAB
34. Rook ( VIC ) 25L
35. ChrisL (QLD) 25L $1/L to someone in need
36. Paulwolf350 (Qld) 46L
37. Petesbrew (NSW) 23L AG
38. PistolPatch (WA) Could be 184lts???
39. Pocket Beers (QLD) 44L - could be more but will update closer to time. Might go to Chappos and do a second brewday!
40. Mikey (WA) 54L
41. Boston (SA) 50L

PAGE IN ARTICLES NOW...
WIKI

so have we decided on a charity? like alcoholics anonymous :p
makes it easier for sponsorship :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back