The Great Chinese Hop Buy 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People are soooo quick to put others down, and NOT know the facts

Graham L Sanders

Yo G-Man, I reckon you should tell the cynical contributors to get fucked. I'll take their place in the eventual booty if they bail out and want their money back.

It saddens me that someone (ie Graham) has invested so much time into this deal, but some people still wish to crucify him for logistical delays beyond his control.

alaska-fishing.jpg

:D

stagga.

Yeh, it beats me why people are ready to jump down the throat of others so quickly. All I am trying to do is give the Craftbrewer a better deal on hops, with utterly no profit on my part, and a LOT of my time.

The hobby is good enough you would think to support people willing to help others.

BUT then again, maybe all are in it to make money?????????????????

Shout
Craftbrewer

Comments about Soylent Green (man that ages us badly) notwithstanding, I always figured my involvement in this bulk buy was about giving it a go, and taking a small perceived risk to get a quite impressive gain, ie a few kgs of hops.

I don't actually care when I get them, as they will go in my freezer till next Winter, brewing season at my house. If they lose some quality well so be it. I'll use a bit more, after all they are cheap.

Graham/Townsville we appreciate the updates, warts and all. I for one am groaning with you when you get the bad news, and will rejoice when the hops shipment leaves China and again when it leaves the docks in Brisbane.

This is all just a very public group learning experience, and I for one am enjoying the ride.

Roll on the Yeast bulk buys :) Cheerz and Beerz Wabster.

That's very noble, and it's a shame that you have to be the one to bring reference to your own altruism. It often surprises me that the mechanics behind any given bulk buy aren't conducive to the organiser getting a freebie dose. Considering the time that he/she might spend on the detail of the deal, I would think it highly fair that he/she would/should get their share of product X for free.

:icon_offtopic:

RE: Soylent Green - it was mentioned in both the Simpsons & Futurama, so a whole new generation might be aware of this high-supply foodstuff.

*sigh*

I really feel like I should be contributing some kind of donation to the "Friends of the Benevolent, Hopeful Chinese Hop Bulk Buy Particpants Group" just for the daily soap opera entertainment I've gotten out of this whole thing for the past couple of weeks.... :blink:...

Anyone remember the MillMaster pre-order deal the other year?
I think we all ordered them about 2 months before Christmas to get them for Christmas, and ended up getting them about 2 months after because they weren't loaded on the boat. I don't think (is it Frank at MashMaster) even knew until the container was opened and they weren't there! Seems to be the way things are run over there.

You often see lots of comments from people not involved in a BB along the lines of "I'm not in this myself but what a great effort ..... etc.", giving support and adding a positive vibe to the whole site. Why the negative people not financially involved in a BB want to tear it to pieces and spread ill will that brewers from around the world can see has me beat!

Sully did a great job with the MillMaster gear guard bulk buy but look how long that took to get right, and that was dealing with a local business, things often go wrong and disrupt the smooth flow of events. All his feedback when problems arose was positive. All the Bulk Buy guys do a fantastic job giving their time and effort to a hobby they love and want to promote, surely its not too much to give these people our goodwill and support in return.

Maybe the best way to get rid of the negative input is not to respond to it in the first-place.

Appreciate the effort Graham even if it all goes horribly wrong :icon_cheers: .

AHB glasses, anybody?

I'm sure these hops will arrive, but the myriad of unfortunate delays is somewhat entertaining from an outsider's point of view!

the hops wont arrive, the whole thing is a farce: a comedy which aims to entertain the audience by means of unlikely, extravagant, and improbable situations, disguise and mistaken identity, ...

lol (refer to post 144)

Ok, skippy, your constant references to it had me curious.

Not only was I unsurprised to find it was your own post but it was also (predictably) not as witty as you think it was.

Hardly worth drawing attention to again. No one else should feel tempted to trawl back for it.

oh for fucks sake guys, this is the internet.

some folk on an internet forum (tip 'o' the hat to Doc) decide to buy into an intriguing individuals altruistic endeavour and suddenly there are 613 posts...

understand that now you're not dealing with Ross or G&G or any of the above, but a Chinese teenager, out of his depth, but striving non the less to overcome his (or her) families' ambitions for him/her to become a Rap Star or doctor and trying to overcome 100 years of a bureaucracy none of us understand...

or he's from Lagos...

...but he'd probably asked for more cash by now...

give it a few more weeks - and pray to your gods for refrigeration...

i admit, i have more than a passing anthropological interest...

some folk on an internet forum (tip 'o' the hat to Doc) decide to buy into an intriguing individuals altruistic endeavour and suddenly there are 613 posts...

understand that now you're not dealing with Ross or G&G or any of the above, but a Chinese teenager, out of his depth, but striving non the less to overcome his (or her) families' ambitions for him/her to become a Rap Star or doctor and trying to overcome 100 years of a bureaucracy none of us understand...

or he's from Lagos...

...but he'd probably asked for more cash by now...

give it a few more weeks - and pray to your gods for refrigeration...

i admit, i have more than a passing anthropological interest...

FFS just offer him some chilli sauce samples- should get things moving all over the shop :icon_cheers:

**** ! I thought this was Earl Gray with Nanna after a fun-filled bingo night at the parish hall.

I have heard about this internet thing. It's made (and frequented) by homosexuals, roit?

Hardly worth drawing attention to again. No one else should feel tempted to trawl back for it.

Bum, this had me trawling back to see why we neednt trawl

Ok, skippy, your constant references to it had me curious.

Not only was I unsurprised to find it was your own post but it was also (predictably) not as witty as you think it was.

Once again 100% correct, LOL, why did i bother?
I was more amused at my own stupidity than any humour derived from said post

Paul

Bum, this had me trawling back to see why we neednt trawl

Once again 100% correct, LOL, why did i bother?
I was more amused at my own stupidity than any humour derived from said post

Paul

Where is this post?
I can`t help it, I have to have a look :lol:

stagga.

UPDATE

Its definite as one can get

Hops are flying out Sunday, YES TOMMORROW. I have received even more paperwork. Its all booked and loaded.

People, start getting excited.

Next job is to organise clearing customs.

Graham Sanders
Skype 'Craftbrewer"
http://radio.craftbrewer.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back