The Great Chinese Hop Buy 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fark me... this sounds great man
Gratz on this last step and lets hope they havnt sent em to Austria :p

Tom

AHB glasses, anybody?

I'm sure these hops will arrive, but the myriad of unfortunate delays is somewhat entertaining from an outsider's point of view!

Yep I am getting a good laugh at this thread. It does play a bit like a comedy soap opera doesn't it :lol: Ups and downs, its on the plane its off the plane, hang on its still on the warf, wait, no its still with the Chinese no wait have i got a deal for you, hang on great news its finally on the boat or was that a plane ....... maybe. Lambic beer anyone?

Great effort by Townsville to keep the thread together / running :lol:

BYB

fark me... this sounds great man
Gratz on this last step and lets hope they havnt sent em to Austria :p

Tom
I work at the International Mail Centre. This isn't as ridiculous as it sounds. The amount of parcels I see Germany - Australia - Austria is crazy.

I haven't piped up before now because I really hope this goes through. Good luck with it all guys. I have more than enough hops now to get involved with this one. But in the future, sure.

I bought some very high end speaker components (woofer, tweeters, crossovers etc) from USA and they sent 4 boxes. One of them went through Austria before it came here.. and that got here 2 month sooner than the others.....

Yep I am getting a good laugh at this thread. It does play a bit like a comedy soap opera doesn't it :lol: Ups and downs, its on the plane its off the plane, hang on its still on the warf, wait, no its still with the Chinese no wait have i got a deal for you, hang on great news its finally on the boat or was that a plane ....... maybe. Lambic beer anyone?

Great effort by Townsville to keep the thread together / running :lol:

BYB

I bought some very high end speaker components (woofer, tweeters, crossovers etc) from USA and they sent 4 boxes. One of them went through Austria before it came here.. and that got here 2 month sooner than the others.....

It may have been quicker to get the hops sent over with Wang Wang and Funi ! :lol:
Cheers and good luck,

So did the hops make teh plane last night?

Tom

So did the hops make teh plane last night?

Well all

I will find out when the shipping agent opens this morning. Last report was "There flying------- On a jet plane ------- dont know if they will be seen again-------"

Craftbrewer

Nothing yet.... stand by for the next Chinglish {fractured English} bulletin :D

I now know why all you buggers complain about my Engish on the Brewcast I do.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dealing with the Chinese with LIMITED English is a real challenge, and I have to read a lot into what they say. To say its an education is an understatement.

Shout
Craftbrewer
http://radio.craftbrewer.org

Dealing with the Chinese with LIMITED English is a real challenge, and I have to read a lot into what they say. To say its an education is an understatement.

Shout
Craftbrewer
http://radio.craftbrewer.org

It can be tricky alrite.......the couple who run the local Chinese t/away here almost in divorce court last week. Apparently she confided to customers she couldn`t keep up with his demands morning and nite for number 69......."me have 69 again prease" 4 and 5 times a day!! She was exhausted and at her wits end. :(
Anyway, would you believe, it turned out number 69 on the shop menu was beef and black bean sauce and once she realised that and got him onto number 43 {crispy lemon chicken} there were no more missunderstandings and things were harmonious at Wun Hung Lo`s again.

So yes, what they`re saying and what they mean can be 2 different things

stagga.

Well here goes, I was involved in the big mill buy , that put me off any further involvement in these type of things. Hope you get your hops. I wanted to brew the other weekend so I went to my local HB shop and got all I needed no fuss no crap .. I may have paid more than if I entered some deal but I had my materials there & then, simple & easy
Chees :icon_cheers:

Well here goes, I was involved in the big mill buy , that put me off any further involvement in these type of things. Hope you get your hops. I wanted to brew the other weekend so I went to my local HB shop and got all I needed no fuss no crap .. I may have paid more than if I entered some deal but I had my materials there & then, simple & easy

I'm getting worried if they are ever coming too; but having Graham on board tracking them is reasurring me at least. I have purchased via Graham's bulk buys before and even if this one falls over I will join in again.

QldKev

Well there you. Why didnt I think of that?

I agree, whether its mcdonalds, or the Brew shop, nothing beats the convenience of getting what you want - NOW!!!!!!. Of course there is a price to pay for that convenience. The simple fact these types of shops exist proves that it suits many a person.

I myself like to have my own larder, full of all the brewing stuff I need. That way if I suddenly feel like making a certain beer, its no hassle, I pull out those ingredients I need. The beauty of this is I control what I brew, and can change on a whim what goes in.

Different courses for different folks

Craftbrewer

Well here goes, I would like to know what sort of sociopathic syndrome is required to think this is a useful or worthwhile contribution....

Well here goes, I would like to know what sort of sociopathic syndrome is required to think this is a useful or worthwhile contribution....

Same syndrome Woolies and Coles expoit day in day to ream our arses and our wallets.

Woolies are charging the hard working Aussie $2.99 for a bag of potato chips, people in the UK pay half ($1.48) for the equivalent pack...

how dare you make a comment like this based on a personal experience on a public forum :unsure:

this thread is for positive comments only, oh unless you are an aussie hop grower or brew shop owner putting your balls on the line to make a living then its open season on you from anyone who wants to have an uneducated rant <_<

Obvioulsy it wasn't my mill buy! :rolleyes: Put the feelers out on the 5th of November, parcels on my door by the 19th and all mills picked up bar one as of yesterday.

Obvioulsy it wasn't my mill buy! :rolleyes: Put the feelers out on the 5th of November, parcels on my door by the 19th and all mills picked up bar one as of yesterday.

That will change on sunday ;)

Same syndrome Woolies and Coles expoit day in day to ream our arses and our wallets.

Woolies are charging the hard working Aussie $2.99 for a bag of potato chips, people in the UK pay half ($1.48) for the equivalent pack...

In the UK they have a number of supermarket chains, not just the duopoly we have here. Most bread is a dollar, Heinz baked beans are 60 cents and milk and dairy are cheaper than here. If you go to the old fashioned meat and produce markets you can get meat the same price as in Australia, last trip there I bought a huge Sunday Roast of fresh Silverside, at Barnsley Market, for around $9 a kilo, and that was when the $A was at 42 pence.

Hops I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back