The Great Chinese Hop Buy 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
UpDATE

well things are moving, and I hope the hops. The shipping agent has "something" to pick up out of the Bond store, BUT doesn't know what.

WHY??????

Well you would not believe the paperwork. Huge I say.

And one piece of paperwork is not right, so that is being changed as I speak to get the ball rolling at the Brisbane end. Trouble is China has to change it. Lucky us, that can be done via e-mail.

Now I tell you, I have become the WORLDS EXPERT in hop inportation. I will have to do this again, for no other reason to put into practice what I have learnt, and see if I can make it run smooth as silk.

Craftbrewer
Graham L Sanders
http://radio.craftbrewer.org

Hops I dunno.

The UK doesn't really do home brew! Although pub prices are rising...

Any road, I'm pleased to announce (having trawled the net for 8 minutes), our sponsors are on average a quid ($1.83) a 90/100g pack cheaper than [not so] LHBS in the UK...

(though X is ~50c more expensive for a pack of 'Nottingham', even with 'discount!'... :rolleyes: )

Anyway - back to the great big hop weight.

UpDATE

well things are moving, and I hope the hops. The shipping agent has "something" to pick up out of the Bond store, BUT doesn't know what.

WHY??????

Well you would not believe the paperwork. Huge I say.

And one piece of paperwork is not right, so that is being changed as I speak to get the ball rolling at the Brisbane end. Trouble is China has to change it. Lucky us, that can be done via e-mail.

Now I tell you, I have become the WORLDS EXPERT in hop inportation. I will have to do this again, for no other reason to put into practice what I have learnt, and see if I can make it run smooth as silk.

Craftbrewer
Graham L Sanders
http://radio.craftbrewer.org

Wait...The hops have landed in Brisbane?

sounds like it, but i guess it's yet to be confirmed

Wait...The hops have landed in Brisbane?

Well the LAST problem was the airway Bill was incorrectly filled out. So no-one knows for sure what has just arrived from China. But its big.

A new airway bill will get the shipping agent access to what was sent.

Craftbrewer

Okay but presumably it has arrived but is being held in the bondstore due to missing / inaccurate paperwork.

That's some good news.

Okay but presumably it has arrived but is being held in the bondstore due to missing / inaccurate paperwork.

That's some good news.

yee of little faith.

You are dealing with "The Brewing Guru Of The North"

Craftbrewer

BTW do you know who is importing it? I work at Brisbane Airport.

BTW do you know who is importing it? I work at Brisbane Airport.

Stockwell's

As an agent, I can highly recommend them. If you ever have to import anything, use them, they are very VERY good. Nothing is too much trouble.

Craftbrewer

UPDATE

Things are moving

From the shipping agent

"Ok thanks Graham.

We will have to proceed with clearance of this tomorrow (fingers crossed it is correct).

We are getting close people

Craftbrewer

Oooooooh, excitement level rising :) .

Nice, the only outstanding thing then is the quality of the hops. Let me say a quick F U to the nay-sayers.

Stockwells is just up the road from me. If I had a bigger house I'd offer to host the packing day but I don't have anywhere near enough room I don't reckon.

Its been a shit day here at work personally. This on the other hand brings a smile to my face... well done Graham, we all appreciate your efforts thus far.

Nice, the only outstanding thing then is the quality of the hops. Let me say a quick F U to the nay-sayers.

Actually, the main nay-sayers (I'm not one of them, I just found the myriad of delays humorous!) were dubious as to the quality of the hops rather than anything else. How many chickens have you counted? :)

So if all goes well packing day will be this Sunday?? Is this corect Bribie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back