The Great Chinese Hop Buy 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

townsville

Reaction score
THE GREAT CHINESE HOP BUY 2009

This documents outlines the Terms and Conditions for joining in The Great Chinese Hop Buy 2009.

BUYER BEWARE -

Please read carefully and understand fully both the risks and benefits of this exercise. While many of us have done our best in checking the company to ensure you get these hops, No-one has done this before. Scammer are very good at deceiving people and while on all accounts this looks like a good deal, that also what scammers are good at also. For all we know this could be a con-job. So we might not get any hops at all. Equally we cant guarantee the quality of the hops if they do arrive. China is the third largest producers of hops in the world, BUT that doesn't mean the quality is great.

THERE IS NO MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - NOR REFUND FOR NON-DELIVERY

We all take an equal risk

That said, the company looks solid, and you can check into it at http://www.elimnatural.com/. AS noted, the price is extremely cheap, due mainly to hops being a highly labour intensive crop, and the very low of labour in China. Many foreign "beer based" companies are investing in Chinese hop production, so one would expect at least good quality. While the English is poor (Understandable) the company does look good in terms of packaging (O2 barrier proof), O2 purging, and vacumn packing. The analysis of a typical hop also is indepth for Chinese standards eg

Product
SAAZ aroma hop pellets (T-90)

Specification
Aroma hop
(SA-1)
Incomplete pellets are less than 4%. Dissolved time is less than 10 seconds.
Humidity content: 7.0%-9.0% a acids: 2.0%-4.0% -Acids: 2.0%-4.0%

Technology Index
T-90 Hop pellet

Package
20KG /aluminum foil bag (vacuum)
Shipment
15 days within confirmations of payment

Elimnatural has also openly corresponded with the Australian Shipping Agent - Stockwell International before we order to ensure the paperwork is completely in place. This goes well for a delivery. They have also imported hops into Sydney and Melboune, and say North and South America previously

So there are pluses and minuses that have been spelled out - again if you go ahead its

PAYMENT UP FRONT
NO REFUND NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS
BUYER BEWARE

If you wish to talk

Graham L Sanders
craftbreweratbeagle.com.au
(07) 47734652
Skype "craftbrewer"

HOPS THAT ARE AVAILABLE

Elimnatural seems to provide a good range of hop products including oils. However we are restricting this order to T90 hop pellets.

T90 hops pellets are the common pellets we buy as brewers. They are simply cut up and pressurised into pellets. They vacumn packed into O2 barrier bags for shipping.

Typical anaylsis supplied by Elimnatral

Technology Index

T-90 Hop pellet
Incomplete pellets are less than 4%. Dissolved time is less than 10 seconds.
Humidity content: 7.0%-9.0%

This compare very faviourable with other manufacturers arround the world. We can only order 10 kg bags, and will affect how you order (see Ordering).

TYPES OF HOPS

Here are the five types of hops you can order

Product
SAAZ aroma hop pellets(SA-1) (T-90)

Specification
a acids: 2.0%-4.0% -Acids: 2.0%-4.0%

Package
10KG /aluminum foil bag (vacuum)

Shipment

Specification
a-Acids>6.5% -Acids>3.5%

Package
10KG/aluminum foil bag (vacuum)

Shipment

Specification
a-Acids>12% -Acids>3.0%

Package
10KG/aluminum foil bag (vacuum)

Shipment

Specification
a-Acids <4.5% B-Acids 4.0-6.0 %
Package 10kg Aluminium Foil Bag (vacumn)

Shipment
15 days within confirmation of payment

Specifications
UNKNOWN

Graham L Sanders
(07) 47734652
Skype "craftbrewer"

ORDERING

Preamble - Since anybody who orders will be in it for the long hall, I will keep as much information as a person can open and available. Everyone will wear the same risk, therefore everyone deserves to be kept as fully informed as possible. That said, I may with-hold minor information if third parties try to stop this deal. Equally I may also with-hold certain names of people in the deal due to personal sensitivity.

NOTE - If I am asked certain sensitive question that fit this category - you will get "I will neither confirm or deney what you are asking" response.

PROGRESS - All Progess, ordering, questions and other information will be found at

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/

Look under Bulk Buys (http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/index.php?showforum=33)

HOW TO

Orders are 1 kg lots.

A list will be placed on the forum with offers for those already showing interest. You will have only two days to respond to that list by email myself craftbreweratbeagle.com.au with your order. Details you will send

Name:
Name for list (Handle):
Order:
Cost:
Return Email:
Delivery Address:

You will then receive details on how and where to pay (it will be a Commonwealth Bank account). Payment must be made (or arrangements notified) in three days. Failure to do so will see your name withdrawn from the list, and the offer passed onto the next person on the list. THERE ARE LIMITED NUMBERS AVAILABLE.

IF YOUR NAME IS NOT ON THE LIST, PLEASE POST ON THE FORUM TO HAVE YOUR NAME INCLUDED. IF FOR WHATEVER REASON YOU WISH TO REMAIN UNKNOWN, YOU SHOULD E-MAIL ME. YOUR ORDER WILL STILL APPEAR IN THE LIST UNDER AN AGREED CODE

Once payment is confirmed you will receive an email and your order confirmed on the forum contact list.

Note - I am erasing ALL previous e-mails of contact. If you want to be on the list and remain hidden, you will have to contact me again to confirm so.

TIME TO ORDER

Ordering is limited from Monday 5 October 2009 to Friday 9 October 2009. NO EXCEPTIONS

Once that is done its a matter of waiting. Shipping is 21 days, porbably another 14 days to get to the ship, 7 days out of customs. Expect the order to take one month.

all questions should be posted on the forum (so to keep this totally open and public), as well as updates as to what is happening to the hops

Graham L Sanders
craftbrewerATbeagle.com.au
(07) 47734652
Skype "craftbrewer"

Costing

This exercise was never meant to make money. So the costings given are as close to cost as possible. While I have made every effort to find every cost, no doubt unexpected costs may come up. Because of this I have been conservative with the costing, giving a little buffering in case these costs come up.

If we are short on our costings, we will advise what extra needs to be paid. That will have to be paid before you receive the hops. All progress will be noted including billing. If we have excess, some will go to the packers as compensation (you try to weigh, sort, pack and mail 200kg of hops.), but any excess will be returned to you in your delivery.

Also not that due to this being a bulk bill, orders have to be in 20 kg lots. You will be notified the full costs to be paid, regardless if 20 kg has been reached or not. If an order does not reach the 20 kg mark, those that have paid for their order will receive there money back at delivery

The costings

TO BUY
Saaz/Cluster/Nugget - $5.80 a kilogram
Cascade - $6.00 a kilogram
Marco Polo - $7.50 a kilogram
Shipping - $1.00 a kilogram

This is in USA dollars At 82 cents to the dollar, being conservative, you always loose a couple of cents on the transfer to other countries (yes I know the current rate is 86 cents), plus transfer fees

so in Australian dollars
Saaz/Cluster - $8.30 a kilogram landed
Cascade - $8.60 a kilogram Landed
Marco Polo - $10.40 a kilogram landed

Hop Licence - $125.00
Freight forwarding - 575.00

total $700

at 200kg thats $3.50 a kilo to clear the docks

And lets say 25 cents a kilo for packaging, and then lets round it off to whole dollars for ease of management we get a final price before they send you the package off

Saaz/Cluster/Nugget - $12.00 a kilo
Cascade - $12.50 a kilo
Marco Polo - $14.50 a kilo

Thats the price landed at a guys house in Brisbane

OK we still dont know some charges, like the charge the ship itself charges the freight forwarder, or duty, or a heavens knows what.

I am charging $2.00 a kilogram for the unexpected. Its not expected to be needed, BUT its there "Just In case" The way I see it, this gives a good buffer for the unexpected.

ALL excess money will be refunded back to you with your delivery.

The way I see it, this gives a good buffer for the unexpected.

FINAL COSTS

Saaz/Cluster/Nugget - $14.00 a kilogram
Cascade - $14.50 a kilogram
Marco Polo - $16.50 a kilogram

Distribution is next

Graham L Sanders
(07) 47734652
Skype "craftbrewer"

Distribution.

Hops will be landed in Brisbane and all going well will be going to a great chap living in Brisbane who has put his hand up to distribute these beauties.

When they arrive, you will be asked to send to him a pre-paid, fully addressed satchel from Aus-Post. This poor ******* will have to pack all these hops so we are making his work load as trouble free as possible. The idea is a simple "scoop - seal in freezer bag - pack in envelope - drop off at post box when he is passing"

The hops WONT be weighed accurately to the nearest gram. Instead a scoop will be calibrated so the job will be easy for him to race thru the distribution. A scoop will be close to 1 kg, but may go a little over or under. It wont be by much, and considering the price, I think any would agree we want an ultra simple method. Remember the price.

REMEMBER - IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ORGANISE THE RIGHT PRE-PAID SATCHEL FOR DISTRIBUTION.

If the satchel is too small for the order, its at the discression of the distributor to cut the amount of hops to fit the satchel. Equally if your order is large, contact myself to arrange how we will get the hops to you. At the end of the day YOU TELL US AND PAY FOR THE POSTAGE. The method is solely yours to choose. A cheap cardboard envelope, overnight whatever.

Its seems the plastic express satchel of 3 kg for instance may hold 3 kg of hops at a cost of $10.00 anywhere in Australia. (do Note) we haven't checked this yet.

Once mailed we dont hold any responsibility what happens with Aus -post.

Postage will again be notified thru the forum if we have our act together.

Graham L Sanders
(07) 47734652
Skype "craftbrewer"

THE GREAT HOP BUY 2009

Misc

Hopefully all will go well, BUT equally we may have the odd hickup. Either way I will be upfront with what goes on. People are already helping, and I may call on you to help out in the future. If you can please help when asked.

As any helper is doing this for the love of beer, no-one is to contact any helper if their name gets out.

ALL PERSONAL CONTACT WILL BE THRU ME.

All general questions should be thru the forum, BUT if you want to abuse, rant, thank, whatever - people behind the scene, pick on me (LEAVE ALONE THE HELPERS).And yes, I will make the odd mistake.

Also understand that we are all doing this off our own backs. I may not respond straight away, I may be swamped with e-mails, and miss you, I may forget things. A friendly reminder is all I need if that is the case.I may give short answers too depending how things goes.

Basically just be understanding what is being undertaken.

Graham L Sanders
(07) 47734652
Skype "craftbrewer"

Finally

This thread is solely about the order. PLEASE LIMIT ALL TALK TO THE SPECIFIC ORDER ONLY

Equally do not post here til the buy starts Monday 5 October 2009

Thanking you

Graham Sanders

UPDATE

Things are going well for Monday 5 October launch for new orders. We have tested everything so it works.

The key to this buy is the "mythical List" The list should give you all the feedback you need, and reduce needless e-mails to me on "how is my order going"

Y= yes all ok
N= didn't respond so your out
W= waiting for you to respond

the list would look something like this, (when I sort out how I post it) then on the BB forum, updated daily. The idea is you have constant feedback and saves me answering a ton of "what is happening with my order" questions

Who-------------------/ Invitation to Order/ Posted Email order/ Received Payment Received

1 townsville -----------------------y------------------- y----------------------------------- y
2 xxxxx ----------------------------y -------------------w ----------------------------------w
3 yyyyy -----------------------------y ------------------y ----------------------------------w
4 zzzzz -----------------------------y ------------------n----------------------------------- n
5 aaaaa -----------------------------w -----------------w -----------------------------------w

so in this example
1townsville is fully ready to go, paid up and waiting
2xxxxx has e-mailed me with their order, BUT I haven't told then how to pay yet as I haven't processed their request
3yyyyy has been e-mailed their order, I have checked it, and contacted him with bank details BUT they haven't paid yet
4zzzzz was contacted with bank details, BUT not paid in time, so has been dropped from the ordering process
5aaaaa has been added to the list, but has made no contact at all at this stage

To get on the list, all you will have to do FROM MONDAY is simply state on the Bulk Buy forum you want to be added. NOTHING ELSE. It will flow from there.

So the procedure will be
1. If your name is not already on the list, you ask to be put on in the BULK BUY FORUM - If you want to be private you will contact me [email protected] asking to kept secret.

2. When your name appears on the list, with n,n.n against it - YOU HAVE TWO DAYS TO CONTACT ME with your order [email protected] .
details to send
Name:
Name for list (Handle):
Order:
Cost:
Return Email:
Delivery Address:

3. When I get the order the list will change to y,n,n

4. I will send you Bank deposit details shortly. When you get those - YOU HAVE THREE DAYS TO PAY, with list changed to y,y,n

5. When you pay and I have checked the list will change to y,y,y

You should only contact me if you do something and it doesn't relflect on the list in a couple of days. This is your feedback your order is being processed

IMPORTANT NOTE
there will be a new e-mail addess to place orders etc. This is to ensure that only orders are there, and dont get lost with my other e-mails. This address is soley for the order

[email protected]

Any questions and more importantly, is it clear.

Craftbrewer

PS list people may be in for a surprise

# Who\Invitation to Order Posted\Email order Received\Payment Received

1 townsville Yes Yes Waiting
2 xxxxx Waiting Waiting Waiting
3 yyyyy Waiting Waiting Waiting
4 QldKev Waiting Waiting Waiting
5 KillerRx4 Waiting Waiting Waiting
6 Bradsbrew Waiting Waiting Waiting
7 AndrewQLD Waiting Waiting Waiting
8 Leigh Waiting Waiting Waiting
9 Ross Waiting Waiting Waiting
10 Beer&Kebab Waiting Waiting Waiting
11 dth Waiting Waiting Waiting
12 ham2k Waiting Waiting Waiting
13 Chappo Waiting Waiting Waiting
14 BribieG Waiting Waiting Waiting
15 etbandit Waiting Waiting Waiting
16 Winkle Waiting Waiting Waiting
17 Batz Waiting Waiting Waiting
18 crozdog Yes Yes Yes
19 Gruntus Waiting Waiting Waiting
20 L_Bomb Waiting Waiting Waiting
21 Altstart Waiting Waiting Waiting
22 ratchie Waiting Waiting Waiting
23 rosswill Waiting Waiting Waiting
24 OzMick Waiting Waiting Waiting
25 Voota Waiting Waiting Waiting
26 peas_and_corn Waiting Waiting Waiting
27 jimmyjack Waiting Waiting Waiting
28 BusinessTime Waiting Waiting Waiting
29 christmasbender Waiting Waiting Waiting
30 Phonos Waiting Waiting Waiting
31 Marlow_coates Waiting Waiting Waiting
32 Jimi Waiting Waiting Waiting
33 Leiothrix Waiting Waiting Waiting
34 Maple Waiting Waiting Waiting
35 Jonnyanchovy Waiting Waiting Waiting
36 boddingtons best Waiting Waiting Waiting
37 Citymorgue2 Waiting Waiting Waiting
38 Darkman Waiting Waiting Waiting
39 NickB Waiting Waiting Waiting
40 Steve Waiting Waiting Waiting
41 Katie Waiting Waiting Waiting
42 raven19 Waiting Waiting Waiting
43 marksfish Waiting Waiting Waiting
44 ilikebeer Waiting Waiting Waiting
45 Brewer Pete Waiting Waiting Waiting
46 Troopa Waiting Waiting Waiting
47 Doogiechap Waiting Waiting Waiting
48 sinkas Waiting Waiting Waiting
49 Redbeard Waiting Waiting Waiting
50 Stillscottish Waiting Waiting Waiting
51 kram Waiting Waiting Waiting
52 beerhog Waiting Waiting Waiting
53 hairofthedog Waiting Waiting Waiting
54 regulator Waiting Waiting Waiting
55 cozmocracker Waiting Waiting Waiting
56 DiscoStu Waiting Waiting Waiting
57 tomtoro Waiting Waiting Waiting
58 Hogan Waiting Waiting Waiting
59 Wrenny Waiting Waiting Waiting

Surprise

Yes we have the list posted. Its not pretty, BUT you get the idea. And guess what, the ordering process has begun.

If your name appears on the list, with waiting, waiting waiting against it - YOU HAVE TO CONTACT ME with your order [email protected] .
details to send

Name:
Name for list (Handle):
Order:
Cost:
Return Email:
Delivery Address:

You have to Next Wednesday to do so

I will send you bank details via return e-mail.

NOTE _ NEW ORDERS START MONDAY 5 October 2009

The list will reposted daily with updates as to your status if you wish to follow your order.

Let the madness begin

Graham Sanders
Craftbrewer

I think I'll probably have a go at this one. It's going to be huge!! But FFS, which *&%^$'ng Monday is THE Monday?

Cheers,
smudge

This is not too hard to work out. I have jumped early for people on the list IF THEY WISH TO PLACE AN ORDER NOW. If they haven't read this and are waiting til Monday, then its still ok. These people were always grandfathered to get in first, makes no difference really WHEN they can order - does it??????

Craftbrewer

NEW ORDERS WONT START TIL MONDAY

Brisbane People

You are in part key for making this Bulk BUy available to everyone. Many hands make light work. Yes we'll look into beers and food depending funds and number of people (not shouting half of Brisbanes drunks), BUT also bring beers for a swap and taste as well. Remember, no pick up for Brisbane people UNLESS they help.

Wish I was there. Talk this amonst yourselves. No point organising this yet, its a good month away, BUT general chit chat is good.

I would say when they land on the wharf, then we nail down everything.

Craftbrewer

Latest List update to follow.

This is at 3.00pm today.

do note
1. If you have paid and its not showing, it will be a delay in the bank trnsfer showing in the account

2. NEW ORDERS START MONDAY 5 October 2009

3. Any questions let me know

Craftbrewer

# Who Invitation to Order Posted/Email order Received/Payment Received

1 townsville Yes Yes Waiting
2 xxxxx Yes Yes Waiting
3 yyyyy Yes Yes Waiting
4 QldKev Yes Yes Waiting
5 KillerRx4 Yes Waiting Waiting
6 Bradsbrew Yes Waiting Waiting
7 AndrewQLD Yes Yes Waiting
8 Leigh Yes Yes Waiting
9 Ross Yes Waiting Waiting
10 Beer&Kebab Yes Yes Waiting
11 dth Yes Yes Waiting
12 ham2k Yes Waiting Waiting
13 Chappo Yes Yes Waiting
14 BribieG Yes Yes Waiting
15 etbandit Yes Yes Waiting
16 Winkle Yes Waiting Waiting
17 Batz Yes Yes Waiting
18 crozdog Yes Yes Yes
19 Gruntus Yes Waiting Waiting
20 L_Bomb Yes Yes Yes
21 Altstart Yes Waiting Waiting
22 ratchie Yes Yes Waiting
23 rosswill Yes TBD Yes
24 OzMick Yes Yes Waiting
25 Voota Yes Waiting Waiting
26 peas_and_corn Yes Yes Yes
27 jimmyjack Yes Waiting Waiting
28 BusinessTime Yes Yes Waiting
29 christmasbender Yes Waiting Waiting
30 Phonos Yes Yes Waiting
31 Marlow_coates Yes Yes Waiting
32 Jimi Yes Yes Yes
33 Leiothrix Yes Waiting Waiting
34 Maple Yes Yes Yes
35 Jonnyanchovy Yes Waiting Waiting
36 boddingtons best Yes Yes Waiting
37 Citymorgue2 Yes Waiting Waiting
38 Darkman Yes Waiting Waiting
39 NickB Yes Yes Waiting
40 Steve Yes Yes Waiting
41 Katie Yes Waiting Waiting
42 raven19 Yes Waiting Waiting
43 marksfish Yes Yes Waiting
44 ilikebeer Yes Waiting Waiting
45 Brewer Pete Yes Yes Waiting
46 Troopa Yes Waiting Waiting
47 Doogiechap Yes Waiting Waiting
48 sinkas Yes Yes Waiting
49 Redbeard Yes Waiting Waiting
50 Stillscottish Yes Yes Waiting
51 kram Yes Waiting Waiting
52 beerhog Yes Waiting Waiting
53 hairofthedog Yes Waiting Waiting
54 regulator Yes Waiting Waiting
55 cozmocracker Yes Waiting Waiting
56 DiscoStu Yes Waiting Waiting
57 tomtoro Yes Waiting Waiting
58 Hogan Yes Yes Waiting
59 Wrenny Yes Waiting Waiting

Graham, the Brisbane volunteers list has been stranded on the original "Chinese Hops, what next?" thread. A couple of potential volunteers here in Bris are having trouble finding it so here's the latest version, suggest the list be now maintained in this current bulk buy thread.

zzzzzzz - private
Mattese
BribieG - I work Afternoon shifts weekends but free most weekdays ,and able to put in about 3 hours labour on a weekend morning.
Davewaldo
Marlow_coats
TidalPete
Bradsbrew
Stillscottish - depends on my shift but work mornings or arvos, sometimes days off midweek. Kluger available for transport if required.
Winkle - car is useless though

If your name appears on the list, with yes, waiting waiting against it - YOU HAVE TO CONTACT ME with your order [email protected] .
details to send

Name:
Name for list (Handle):
Order:
Cost:
Return Email:
Delivery Address:

You have to Next Wednesday to do so

I will send you bank details via return e-mail.

NOTE _ NEW ORDERS START MONDAY 5 October 2009

The list will reposted daily with updates as to your status if you wish to follow your order.

Graham Sanders

I probably missed it but what year are these hops?

cheers

Darren

You wont get them any fresher. They have just been harvested. I am on a promise from China they have just been harvested. We even beat the importation of the latest European and USA crop

so 2009 crop Northern hemisphere

Craftbrewer

You wont get them any fresher. They have just been harvested. I am on a promise from China they have just been harvested. We even beat the importation of the latest European and USA crop

so 2009 crop Northern hemisphere

Craftbrewer
Hey townsville, so from monday the 5th i can place my order? is this correct? and where

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back