Se Qld Case Swap Tasting Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So has anyone been drinking any yet? I would love some feedback on my IPA, both good or bad, I won't take offence....

I had NickB's last night and it was delightful... Very nice as always Nick, couldn't fault it.

Oh yes Ive tried a few and very nice too, but Im leaving yours till last. Its probably got bloody wheat in it. Bahhhahhah!
Daz

Awesome, thanks Dan!

Haven't drunk any yet, gotta get through my Xmas in July Lotto beers first.

Cheers

I've had the flu all week so any of you pricks get it blame me, though I would be interested in trying to remember the method of transmission :p

Drinking Snow's Rauch right now.

Not bad at all Snow, I usually use more smoke malt in mine and they smell full on like bacon, but yours was quite subtle and balanced.

Very nice indeed mate; but you beers always have been, so I expected nothing less.

Spot on KBB
If only you you could make the second schooner a tad stronger than the first ay?and so on.
Nice beer snow.
Daz

1. Winkle - Biere de Noel 9.5%, Ready to drink now
2. King Brown Brewing - American IPA 7.3% Ready to drink now
3. Daemon - Choc Porter - Ready now but better with age
4. Bradsbrew - Stout American 8% Ready to drink now!
5. TidalPete - Peaceandplenty Wee Heavy
7. Florian - HefeRoggen 7.5% - DRINK right NOW! Bottle conditioned & ready to explode
8. Rowy - Black AIPA 5.6% (ish) Botlled 6/7/2012 (10 F#4king minutes ago)
10.flavo - Maybe a Porter
12. Daz - Sensible Hat APA ( Red spot on cap) 2 to3 weeks
13. NickB - Simcoe Cube-Hopped APA (ran short, so 4 of you get an Aramis Lager - a 13L is on those bottles) Both Ready to Drink NOW!!!
14. LiverShank - 6% Xmas in July Spiced Chocolate Porter
15. Stillscottish - RTD Black Velvet, AKA Apple Oatmeal Stout - 8.2% Ready to drink now
16. Snow - Rauchbier - Ready to drink now.
18. jameson- Traquair house ale clone
20. Parks - Irish Red 5.1%, Ready to drink meow
22. Bribie G -Midnight Train American Malt Liquor
24._WALLACE_A ******* GALAXY WEATISH US-05ISH ******* BEERISH BEVERAGE

Spot on KBB
If only you you could make the second schooner a tad stronger than the first ay?and so on.
Nice beer snow.
Daz

Thanks guys. It actually has about 95% smoke malt in it. Wyermann is so unpredictable. I only found out on the weekend that you can get double-smoked, which is what I'll be using from now on.

Cheers - Snow

Ok - tried a couple last night.

Dan's (King Brown) IPA - lovely piney aroma, slightly "plastic beach ball" which I get from some of the American hops when used in high quantities. Nice malt backbone, but not quite balancing the high bitterness, which finishes a little harsh for my palate. Still, I really enjoyed dinking this beer. Nice one, Dan.

Stillscottish apple oatmeal stout - WOW! Apple! Normally the smell of apple is a sign of serious yeast health issues, but this is frsh red delicious aroma, with roasted notes and sweet caramel. I could sniff this all night. Unfortunately the flavour doesn't measure up to the aroma. I think my bottle was a touch oxidised, which stripped most of the apple flavour out and gave the roast grains an astringent note. It got better as it warmed up and i could tell there was a good stout under there, but i must admit i struggled drinking the whole bottle. Sorry Cambell.

Cheers - Snow.

NO.3 Daemons Choc Porter:- This beer had a great aroma as soon as I cracked it. It has good body and carbonation appropriate to the style. (I checked the guidelines) It tastes bloody great and leaves a slight bitterness which I liked. I can taste the chocolate but would have liked just a little bit more. IMHO a bloody nice beer. Well done mate :icon_cheers:

Dan's (King Brown) IPA - Well I have a bit of a cold so my palate is shot but with this one I am going more english than american, malt backbone is beautiful but the beer does have a hit of astringency at the finish which is then clouded by the hop resin then there again. I am tasting more floral english hops late but possibly american early?
Would be good to see the recipe for this one.

All up a top beer that I would happily have a few more of (in something alot bigger than my swap glass) before falling over.

Good beer Dan.

Cheers

I need one of your swap glasses Brad. If you see one get me one please. I'll pay 100% over the price. It will be worth it I reckon :icon_vomit:

I need one of your swap glasses Brad. If you see one get me one please. I'll pay 100% over the price. It will be worth it I reckon :icon_vomit:

No worries Rowy will keep a look out for ya. The glass worked well. Was able to take the girls for a bike ride and fly the kite down at the water on sunday morning.

Cheers

NO. 20 Parks' Irish Red:= I liked this beer. A nice aroma and great mouthfeel. Flavour was perfect. A slight sweetishness to start through to a beautiful roastiness at the end. I went through the guidelines and couldn't fault it. I'm no expert but a bloody nice beer Parks.

Last night i drank Dan's Chooper Reid. Awesome Beer!

Without going all "la-di-da-da" describing the beer, I loved the malt, and the bitterness was pretty well balanced for my liking. Crystal Clear, good lasting head........

I dont need to blow smoke up your arse anymore..... :D A PM with the recipie would be greatly appreciated.

I'm trying to pour #20....... Its taken about 15ish mins so far, but the room smells fantastic.

Cheers.

Cheers Rowy - glad you liked it :)

WALLACE - for some reason a few are over carbed (which is what I'm guessing you are referring to). I don't normally bottle so am a little out of practice getting carb levels right...

By the way Wallace forgot to mention that red is pretty well carbonated if you haven't noticed :p

NOTICE TO ALL - might be a good idea to crack mine (20) to de-pressurise prior to chilling if possible. It's far from a gusher but a few days with a bit less pressure should make it right.

Honestly, i didnt know until just now and a bit of goooooogling! (ya just can't believe everything a bunch of strangers say on an internet forum ya know! :p )

I have to admit i like it! I'm not a big fan of the darker type of beers but this is one i could brew and and brew and brew.

Nice balanced malt/hops..... (Is it Fuggles and/or EKG i can smell in there??) As Rowy said, roast at the end, all the way to the "BURP!". Once the beer had settled, it wasn't all that overcarbed anyway. It was just a pain in the arse to pour.

Great beer! Once again, A PM with a recipie would be great.... :)

Is it ok to request a recipie after every beer tasting?????

I was gonna stick the american stout in the freezer for a bit, but if i smell like rum/beer tomorrow morning again the supervisor is gonna..... well bend me over and....... :/ :rolleyes:

Honestly, i didnt know until just now and a bit of goooooogling! (ya just can't believe everything a bunch of strangers say on an internet forum ya know! :p )

I have to admit i like it! I'm not a big fan of the darker type of beers but this is one i could brew and and brew and brew.

Nice balanced malt/hops..... (Is it Fuggles and/or EKG i can smell in there??) As Rowy said, roast at the end, all the way to the "BURP!". Once the beer had settled, it wasn't all that overcarbed anyway. It was just a pain in the arse to pour.

Great beer! Once again, A PM with a recipie would be great.... :)

Mate that's great tasting there.

It's pretty much exactly the original Zymurgy recipe as per http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...&recipe=709

I'm happy to flick through the Beersmith file to anyone that wants it.

Back