Perth Brewday @ The Junctyard

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which day suits you best?

• Saturday the 3rd of March

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunday the 4th of March (Monday is a public holiday)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Asher

Junctyard Brewing
Reaction score
After moving into a big old place over 12 months ago, finally the renovation madness has come to an end. Now it's time to kick back and brew some beer. Seeing on the calendar that the Labour day long weekend is coming up I was thinking of opening up the Junctyard for a brewday. Please place your expression of interest here if you'd like to come along and vote as to which day you prefer ... If the long weekend is a bad Idea? I can move it to a normal weekend sometime round then. Let me know. Once a date is set I'll fill in more of the details and get numbers for catering etc.

Dough-in: 12 noon
Lunch: Provided
BYO: - Favourite beer snack
- Beers to sample/share
-I'll have a few beers on tap including a Nelson Sauvin Bitter Ale, Juniper Belgian Blonde, Probably a young lager too if I brew this weekend... and something special from the beer tree of course;)

Edit: I'm in Victoria Park BTW - if your working on logistics...

Asher for now

Well done Asher.

I'm in for Labour Day weekend, and there is no Force game that weekend so I'll be up for a few beers from the tree. I suspect I will have bugger all beer by then as work is in the way of brewing, but at least a wheelie keg of soda water and some bottles should be available.

Count me in. Only bad date for me is the 11th.

I can wheel a few kegs down the road, should have an american amber, belgian pale and something else on.

If you need any extra gear or anything let me know.

Id be interested, but would prefer it on the saturday as uni doesnt break for this holiday/

Asher send Pistol Patch a Pm as I'm sure he would like to attend a west coast brewday to demonstraight the whole BIAB brewing method... I don't think he's got any furniture yet but I know he took his brew pot and bag with him on the drive over.. :)

Just beware of his interest in anyones sister/sister's .. :)

:beer:

Probably take the family away for a Friday night & Saturday in the country hence Sunday would be the go for me.

I reckon I'd be able to swing either day (hopefully). Beerwise I may have to resort to bringing something purchased as the brewery has been a tad dusty/ getting a bit of an overhaul over the past 2 months..... :(
Cheers
Doug

Yep I wanna come and see the brewery in action (still haven't seen it), get some tips for all the bling I can get in the US. Hopefully plans wont change between now and the date.

Sounds great Asher I'm up for either day (would prefer both) - voted for saturday only so the poor student (s) among us can come too.

Bugger :( Long Weekends are excuses to head South and visit the family.
Will eagerly follow the posts to see what mayhem happens at this one :party:

Would love to come as long as you dont mind a newbie tagging along. Will have to see how the missus bday pans out on the sat so sun would be better id say.

Whats the etiquette for bringing beer... Whats the beer tree?

Great stuff Asher.

I look forward to seeing all the bling with the switch flicked to 'on'. Beer stocks are mid to low - APA,Timothy Taylors Extra Dry(Not AusDB's), American Amber & I'll bring the last bottle of my 'Wheezin Bock' chrissy case entry. Let me know if you need anything else etc. Snaggers could be on the cards.........any requests? I'm thinking home ground advantage - Asher can make the deciding call. No fancy pants snaggers requiring quail(A bugger to bone), venison, smoked salmon etc(Remember LTA all the way).

Tipsy - re: beer ettiquette - Bring along whatever brews you have carbonated regardless of your level of brewing experience for sharing with fellow sandgropers(& possibly 1 x BIAB banana bender :D ). You will learn invaluble tips and receive geniune beer critiques that will help refine your brewing skills.

I should be able to make either day but will have a better idea in a couple of weeks when i get home.

Cheers
:beer:

Rich

I too vote for both days.

If it really truly can only happen on one day, I vote Sun because Sat mornings I am Mr Taxi for ballet, tennis etc. But no probs with either day really.

Will bring beer snacks. If I get organised, maybe some biltong. Otherwise my stock standard fare of ikan bilis kachang.

Can't wait.

DB

Just try to keep me away. Your puny restraining order shall not stop me.

Either day is fine.

Im there, hope the beer tree will be pouring cold beer for me ;)

House full of Rellies that weekend as son James is getting married the folowing weekend. If I can sneak away at all, it will be only for a couple of hours (famous last words!)

Latest posts

Back