Big Brew Day 2007 - Perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pitures for those not attending??

Batz

Heya kook,

thanks for the hospitality. hope you didnt have to much of a mess to clean up
afterwoods. it was a really relaxed brewday had a good laugh, ate some awesome
food and some beers i never thought i would ever try. the lambic was sensational
kinda brings back memories of when i was a kid drinking cotties lemon cordial
straight from the bottle.

thanks to all those that endured my beers, i've learnt alot from your tastings
and now know what diacetyl tastes like might have to save that beer for when
i go to the movies next mmmm...pop corn :blink:

after a blind fold test, this end up being my beer of choice for the day after this
liquid hit my lips i'll never be quite the same.

Image000.jpg

Rob.

aahhhahahaha

did that stuff improve the warmer it got rob? lol

Kook, thanks for your hospitality - I had a great vtime yesterday.Its was great to put some faces to names and to try some really amazing beer and good food.

Really tried some great beers, and it was a complete new thing whereby I could actually talk sht about beer and ingrediants with people knowing what i was actually going on about (instead of my mates sitting there with me at the pub whilst I go on about malt bills and mash temperatures with glazed looks on their faces)

This has inspired me to get my AG happening after seeing kooks setup in action!

Being a cider fan I have to say that my complete pick of the day was Ashers three year old cider - but all the beers I tried I enjoyed in one way or another.

Who made that cheese? It was great!

Daves transportable granny-keg was also very cool, I think I made a lascivious comments towards it hehe

Thanks again everyone, looking forward to catching up with you all again.

Okay, time to make my irish red -its brew day!

Fletch.

Mika-Lika and hughman666, in my opinion, slightly overdid, 'The Invisible Man.' I actually didn't see them all day. They really need to work on their presentation a little bit more I reckon.

Uh-oh :blink: Sounds like I was at the wrong brewday !
I thought it was a bit odd when the dude that looked like Kook had a russian accent, but then I saw the weird brewing apparatus in the corner, with water running thru it so I figured I'd rocked up late and they were already chilling.....But the burner was still going ?

They sat me down and gave me this tiny glass (miserable buggers :angry: ) of some clear liquid that smelt like paint stripper, I got the impression it wouldn't be a good idea to refuse so down the hatch.
I don't remember much after that, all I do know is I some how made it back home, and for some reason there's a bag of old potatoes sitting at the front door <_<

Anyway, sounds like you had a good one, shame I piked. I'm making ammends today by brewing an APA, half way thru the mash right now.

Cheers,
Mika :beer:

Big thanks to everyone for coming along, and bringing so much food and beer! Special thanks to Brian for the awesome smoked ribs & chicken. Big cheers to Pat for bringing along the BBQ and performing the tongmaster role. Thanks to those who bought along (or left) bubbly bottles too.

The only lost&found items today are:
1x Blue Carbonator Cap
2x Lid sealing pressure thingies (I have no idea what you call them)
1x Ian's beer glass.

Ian, I'll bring this along to the next WCB (cleaned). If the owner of the other items sends me a PM I'll work out how to get them back to you.

I think I may have had a few too many later on in the evening, as I remember very little apart from the terrible headache this morning!

It was a champion day all round even if I'm still trying to get rid of the headache that had the indecency to settle in before I'd even finished drinking. Thanks to kook for being a generous host, Pat for dropping me home, everyone for the beer and conversation and to whoever brought those chilli olives.

There certainly was some nice beer (and food) present, I wouldn't have a prayer of remembering most of them, nor most of the names of everyone either. I think kook brewed beer yesterday but I'm not sure if anyone noticed. And next time I'll remember to bring bigger bottles, a single stubby of each beer doesn't go far among the ravening western hordes.

The only lost&found items today are:
2x Lid sealing pressure thingies (I have no idea what you call them)

You can keep these, I've got a veritable bucketload of'em. ;)

Thanks kook for your hospitality. Great set up, very impressive and shiny. What a kettle.

Amazing ribs from Brian. He told me the recipe, but it's a bit hazy. Something to do with Red Bull marinade!!!

Wish I'd stayed to see Asher's dial-a-jug.

And goat's quick skulls to top up before having to go home to a house full of in-laws. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks to Pat for the write-up.

DB

obviously there were more of you than i realised there. next time i vote you all wear name tags so that i can remember/tell who you were!!

realllyy helps after a few of those bottles you guys pulled out of the eksys.

Next time, I'll bring beer and not be a mooch - alas I'd taken a break from brewing early this year after starting a new job so none is ready yet.

Yep - another great day. Thanks Tracey and Anthony !

I believe the blue carbonator cap on the top of a coke bottle half full of bad Kellerbier is mine - you can have the bottle and beer Kook...

I thought my exit was a lot more dignified than you made out Pat - I guess beer does that...

I lied a lot more than I said in that post Goat ;)

Your exit was dignified though we did notice the sudden dissapearance of the half-full, warm, VB Mid stubby just after you left :eek:

;)
Pat

A top brewday - thanks very much Kook for your hospitality and thanks all for tip top snacks n beers. Some interesting beers tasted - earl grey pilsener, Sri Lankan Stout and others. Good to put some more names to faces and see how easy a brewday can be....or look to be...refer priming march pump with an empty HLT.

Thanks again. :beer:

Latest posts

Back