Big Brew Day 2007 - Perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad i came across this post again as im sure i was so sober recently that i told a few people that i couldnt make it due to work.
WRONG i can come i must have had a few dates mixed up.

Cheers in sobriety ;)
Big D

I forgot about this until DeeBee reminded me. Went to write it on the calender and Enid already had. I call that implied permission. Good to see she looks after me.

Guys, one small screw-up in my plan. We don't currently have a BBQ, and don't want to rush out and buy a new one incase we purchase a property (looking at the moment) with a built-in one.

Does anyone have a portable BBQ we could borrow for the day? I'm happy to drop it back around to you the next day.

If all else fails before next Thursday, I'll grab a cheap S/H one out the Quokka.

Also, the poll is up now in a seperate thread to work out what we should brew on the day.

Hey Kook, got an average 4 burner barbie half plate half grill. Need a ute or some such thing to pick it up. Also got a crappy little 18" round portable thingo.

Hi Kook

I will probably show my face early in the day but won't be able to stick around for long as I am organizing a birthday do for Mrs Ausdb in the evening. I don't have much beer happening at the moment but will bring a few bottles of last years wine making experiment for analysis.

PS how is your sour brew going, I will bring a sample of mine along and maybe Asher should to compare them. The colour has gone a lot lighter and it has a definite sour lactic taste with some brett characters also starting to show. there is still a lot of residual sugar still 1.015 so nowhere near finished yet.

Hey Kook, got an average 4 burner barbie half plate half grill. Need a ute or some such thing to pick it up. Also got a crappy little 18" round portable thingo.

Don't worry, we're going to buy a new BBQ on Thursday night. Cheers for the offer though :)

I will probably show my face early in the day but won't be able to stick around for long as I am organizing a birthday do for Mrs Ausdb in the evening. I don't have much beer happening at the moment but will bring a few bottles of last years wine making experiment for analysis.

PS how is your sour brew going, I will bring a sample of mine along and maybe Asher should to compare them. The colour has gone a lot lighter and it has a definite sour lactic taste with some brett characters also starting to show. there is still a lot of residual sugar still 1.015 so nowhere near finished yet.

No probs. I tasted it on the weekend and it's pretty good! Lacks real acidity yet, but loads of brett funk there. I haven't been bothering with gravity readings for the moment.

By the way, if there is anyone who has not received a PM with my address / details, please either post in the thread or send me a PM and i'll let you know the details.

By the way, if there is anyone who has not received a PM with my address / details, please either post in the thread or send me a PM and i'll let you know the details.

I will be there. I know its somewhere near Asher, so I could cycle up and down looking, but the address would be handy.

No PM received - Just need to know what time kick-off is?

Will bring along a sample of my pFlanders. Very tasty already actually. I finished it off by adding some lager yeast. Tastes like Rodenbach draft version. Have the rest sitting in polycarbonate turning into grand cru ;).

Let me know if you need anything wheeled down from the Juncthouse

Asher

Asher, mash in will be about noon, though everyone is welcome after 11:30.

We can draw off a sample of the flanders and compare them :)

I had forgotten about a dinner engagement that night so I will also be coming early and departing sober. Sorry not to be letting the genie out of the bottle, but I'm sure there are others who will answer the call.

:party:

Looking forward to tomorrow! A gentle reminder to those who havent been to a brew day before that Kook will be working his ass off, brewing, and providing lunch, and we will all stand around and take the piss out of him. So its not a bad idea to bring along something for the host. A beer snack, an interesting bottle of beer, or if you happen to have any empty champagne bottles Kook happens to be looking for some of them at the moment.

I'll be arriving a bit late tomorrow, due to work commitments (beer demonstration up in greenmount) so I hope you're all still cohesive by 4-5 in the arvo! If there's any leftovers I promise to bring them along.

Looking forward to tagging names to faces, watching kook do all the hard work and tasting some nice beers tomorrow. Bus timetables are all planned out and I might be able to scrape together a few sample bottles too.

Don't worry, we're going to buy a new BBQ on Thursday night. Cheers for the offer though :)

Well, a slight panic tonight. I put the BBQ together last night, and started to "cure" the cast iron hot plate tonight. Followed the instructions and the bloody frame caught on fire! I'm going to call BBQs galore in the morning, but I don't think there will be anything I can do to get it sorted before 11:30.

Is there any chance that anyone has a BBQ they could bring along afterall? I realise this is very short notice, but otherwise we might be ordering pizza!

It's a pity you didn't save the curing for tomorrow :)

You're more than welcome to my bbq. It's a heavy 4-burner trolley kinda deal. Need a ute/van and another strong person to pick it up.

You're more than welcome to my bbq. It's a heavy 4-burner trolley kinda deal. Need a ute/van and another strong person to pick it up.

Cheers, will see what happens tomorrow morning. I've only got an Astra but if it turns out that we're screwed someone may be able to pick it up.

Latest posts

Back