Big Brew Day 2007 - Perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kook

Reaction score
Now that I'm settled back in to Perth and have my brewery up and running i'm probably well due to host a brew day. The AHA Big Brew Day seems like a good opportunity for us to brew something different and participate in a world-wide event.

The recipes have not yet been announced, but I will post these with a poll closer to the time to choose which we shall brew on the day.

Details are pretty much the same as any other brew day. Bring along some beer to share, and a beer snack if you can too. BBQ lunch will be provided, along with a few beers on tap.

Dough-in will probably be at noon, though that will depend entirely on how lazy I am that morning :p

I'll be placing this event on ratebeer.com too, as there are a few Perth ratebeer members who might be interested in attending.

If you'd like to come along, just post here and I'll send more details by PM closer to the time. I'm located in Victoria Park quite close to both trains and busses.

I just saw the announcement on ratebeer, and I'd love to attend. Pencil me in please.

Hey kook,

keep me posted, i'll prolly walk this time around don't want to loose another one of my boozer cruisers.

Rob.

Just checked my work roster and im on days off so at this stage i will be attending .

Cheers
Big D

I think my brother will be over from UK then, he is also an AG brewer and I'm sure he'd be keen, if there is room for two more.

Sounds excellent Kook. I reckon name tags would be handy. I had great difficulty even remembering my own name towards the end of Asher's - not even too sure when the end was :blink:

Cheers
Pat

Great news bigD!

Recipes are up

IPA, belgian strong ale and doppelbock

They look better than last year's, except for the obsession with light caras in big beer.

Recipes are up

They look better than last year's, except for the obsession with light caras in big beer.

With those big Beers you may need some big chooks! I should be over my jetlag by then and could do a few Big Beer Butt Chooks on the barbie.

Recipes are up

If I could work out how to add a poll to an existing thread I'd post one :blink: Not sure if it's possible though.

The only recipe that might prove a problem is the IPA. I'm not sure where to find Summit hops.

I don't even know what Summit hops are like, although that recipe does the least for me of the three. It might be hard finding a replacement too, considering the alpha listed in the recipe is 19% :blink: Super pride maybe? :D

Belgian sounds interesting. Don't like IPA's much and the other didn't sound good either.
My 2c worth :chug:

My God! I wrote an essay here last night - now deleted :blink:

In short, I was just wondering.

Isn't there anyone else here who is as excited as I am at the prospect of meeting bigD? I'm just finding it a little weird that no one has commented on this. Maybe everyone has sent him a PM instead???

Cheers
Pat (who is having huge trouble adjusting from the hopelessly frivoulous QLD threads!)

The only recipe that might prove a problem is the IPA. I'm not sure where to find Summit hops.

Summit hops only available in flowers unfortuntely at this stage, so no way to bring them to Aus (legally) :(

cheers Ross

Summit hops only available in flowers unfortuntely at this stage, so no way to bring them to Aus (legally) :(

cheers Ross

I think they are available as pellets, Ross. :unsure:

Northern Brewer seems to have them at least.

Though not sure about the green onion effect some brewers seem to report, here.

Latest posts

Back