Big Brew Day 2007 - Perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My offer stands as well. Like Barf's, you'd need a ute to get it there. I can pick it up during the week sometime.

Kook,

Only just got home but I have a baby-webber that will do the job even if it may require two hits of cooking. I can bring that plus the gas. What time would you like it there by?

Totally looking forward to meeting both Kai and bigD!

Spot ya,
Pat

P.S. If anyone would like a lift to Kook's from my way, let me know.

Kook,

Only just got home but I have a baby-webber that will do the job even if it may require two hits of cooking. I can bring that plus the gas. What time would you like it there by?

Totally looking forward to meeting both Kai and bigD!

Spot ya,
Pat

P.S. If anyone would like a lift to Kook's from my way, let me know.

Pat, that would be cool. I've got a spare gas bottle, thats not an issue. I presume everyone will want to eat about 13:00 or 13:30ish.

Cheers,

Anthony

No worries Anthony ;)

Will spot you no later than 12:30 with an interesting 'mix' of beer as well. I better explain that tomorrow :rolleyes:

Cheers
Pat (Ex-WA AHB Wildest Poster LOL)

Pat (Ex-WA AHB Wildest Poster LOL)

You're leaving WA already? :blink:

... but it's God's own country :blink:

Have a great brewday guys, and good luck kook; you've set yourself an ambitious task with this brew!

Premature Exclamation: The following is slightly OT ;)! ...

LOL Ant. When I say ex, I don't mean I'm leaving WA. I just mean that I am in a rehabilitation program that teaches me how to not post wildly.

They teach you these mantras which you are meant to repeat at every opportunity like, 'Hi! My name is Pat and I'm an out-of-control poster. It's been zero seconds since I wrote an off-topic, meaningless or offensive post.'

My sponsor, Kook, (I just made that up ;)) tells me that I have made absolutely no progress which, between you and me, is a little disheartening especially when he says that I am trying. In fact, he even said, 'most trying.'

He reckons my enthusiasm compensates to some degree but apparently he talks Kelvin whilst I fantasise Farenheight.

Anyway, I'm doing my best here and have even got to the stage where I have forgiven my parents, unconditionally, for not raising me in a brewery.

'Hi! My name is Pat and I'm an out-of-control poster.....'

/\
i
i

Funny Post :D

Sorry Anthony, all of a sudden I cant make it. Have fun.

Sorry i didn,t make it.
Hope everyone had another great day.

Rich

WOW nice beers,very easy brew day (as brew days go) and some very nice beers - did I mention that all ready, thank you very much.
Top notch.

My sponsor, Kook, (I just made that up ;)) tells me that I have made absolutely no progress which, between you and me, is a little disheartening especially when he says that I am trying. In fact, he even said, 'most trying.'

hahaha :lol:

Thanks for an enjoyable afternoon everyone, it was great to finally meet you all, and share in some great beers. If I had to pick a highlight... it'd probs be Kooks flanders red fermenter sample.

I presume I'll see at least some of you at the WCB meeting monday week when you can help break my brew-club cherry.

Thanks again Anthony for having us, your hosting abilities were most appreciated!

Sigh :( Still at work.... Hope you all enjoyed yourselves.
Cheers
Doug

Well done Anthony, sorry I had to leave early. Some very good beers. I really liked Ashers Earl Grey Lager, ash's smoked lager, and to digress, Brians ribs and chicken were great.

Pitures for those not attending??

Batz

Damn fine Beers and Damn Fine food,
I lament having to retire early
Thanks for the hospitality Kook,

Pitures for those not attending??

Batz

Batz, there is no way you could have taken a camera in yesterday as it was, after all, a magic show. Luckily though, a thousand words can paint a picture and I was there so no worries!

Firstly Kook did a modern day version of the very famous but rarely performed, 'loaves and fishes,' trick in two parts. Firstly, a Mount Sinai of food appeared seemingly effortlessly everywhere. I think some assistants were used to help with the food side of the trick. Brian, Vlad & randyrob were a couple that my skilled magician's eye was able to catch out. The trick of turning 5kg of grain into beer though Kook did unaided using some high tech equipment including a kettle so big he uses it as a spa bath during the week. Magically, no one fell in.

Kai and randyrob performed ceaseless teleportation feats. One minute they'd be at one end of the yard but the second a bottle hissed open they would be instantaneously in front of the bottle opener with their glass extended. Kai was probably a little more advanced with this trick as I often saw him holding three sample glasses in his hands and up to four samples in his mouth all at once.

Vlad did the very impressive bottomless esky trick. The esky is about one cubic foot and I must say that I stopped counting after he pulled the 73rd stubby out. Every BJCP beer style was in that esky several times. Many were way over a year old and way over 8% :blink: Brendanos arrived later with a smaller esky and did the same trick to a lesser scale but very 'tastefully' as well.

I'm not sure if this was a magic trick but I was very surprised that no one died after tasting Asher's sour beer as I came pretty close :eek: Asher did, of course, produce some magic beers but he has been performing that one for a long time now. I did love his new trick though where he'd get on his mobile and within two minutes his wife would appear with a jug full of beer from Asher's house. Cool!

Mika-Lika and hughman666, in my opinion, slightly overdid, 'The Invisible Man.' I actually didn't see them all day. They really need to work on their presentation a little bit more I reckon.

Fletch did, 'The Impossibly Slow Bicycle Ride,' managing to take 40 minutes to do the usual two minute cycle from the train station. He finished his performance with a flourish of, 'mystery yeasts.'

chillamagilla did a trick for the first time which I loved - he turned up with his own smokes! Given his recent experience with the fire brigade though, he probably should give this one away.

deebee did a slow but captivating trick. On Friday he appeared as a criminal lawyer whilst yesterday he appeared simply as a criminal. The costume was a nice touch mate ;)

And, did I mention the land speed record set by Goat when his wife rang? He sculled two middies and was out the front of Kook's in 3.7 seconds!

I even performed the very amateurish, 'Getting Two Beer Styles in the One Bottle,' trick which involved a lot of new equipment such as a beer manifold, some deft finger-work on ball-valves as well as a temporary amnesia of the basic laws of pressure.

There were even more performers than I have mentioned above Batz but my board message already has too many emoticons and my fingers are collapsing.

Also, Kai wouldn't stop talking the whole time so I was only able to pass on your hello to a few of the guys there. They all toasted you and several tears were shed mate :super:

Anyway, I gave Kai a lift home but he made me drop him off at a brothel. (While this is actually not true, I felt my picture of words needed an extra dab of colour so there it is!)

Thank you Kook for a bloody great day and I wish you and Tracey much magic in your new house. Your beers were splendid and the food. A top effort.

Thanks also to all the other guys (except Asher and his sour beer - lol) for the dazzling array of beers.

Spot ya!
Pat

P.S. We missed you Doogie! Hope you snuck some beers into work!

Great wrap up mate! :D

InCider :beerbang:
LOL Ant. When I say ex, I don't mean I'm leaving WA. I just mean that I am in a rehabilitation program that teaches me how to not post wildly.

They teach you these mantras which you are meant to repeat at every opportunity like, 'Hi! My name is Pat and I'm an out-of-control poster. It's been zero seconds since I wrote an off-topic, meaningless or offensive post.'

'Hi! My name is Pat and I'm an out-of-control poster.....'

Mika-Lika and hughman666, in my opinion, slightly overdid, 'The Invisible Man.' I actually didn't see them all day. They really need to work on their presentation a little bit more I reckon.

i got stuck working unfortunately. i was *really* looking forward to this one but couldn't get out of it :angry:

i was at least able to put down an IPA last night though (gotta love night brewing) so I contributed to big brew day in my own way.

anyway it sounds like a great time was had by all, well done kook!

Latest posts

Back