Big Brew Day 2007 - Perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My God! I wrote an essay here last night - now deleted :blink:

In short, I was just wondering.

Isn't there anyone else here who is as excited as I am at the prospect of meeting bigD? I'm just finding it a little weird that no one has commented on this. Maybe everyone has sent him a PM instead???

Cheers
Pat (who is having huge trouble adjusting from the hopelessly frivoulous QLD threads!)

I knew I should of replyed earlyer and copyed that one.... I'll get ya next time... lol

Was a good read Ha Ha Ha ....Just what we were saying the other day...

:beer:

I think they are available as pellets, Ross. :unsure:

Northern Brewer seems to have them at least.

Though not sure about the green onion effect some brewers seem to report, here.

Thanks Stuster :) - They wern't available when I first contacted NB, but that was before the last harvest & obviously thats changed now. As you say, reports on it don't seem that good either...

cheers Ross

Pat the AHB Post Crash Test Dummy
crash-test-dummy-emoticon.gif

drunk-irish-048.gif

LOL! and for FFS, does no one here have the courage to start a new thread, a simple, 'Welcome to bigD.'

Not to sound funny Pat, but a lot of us have already said welcome back to Dave in person at West Coast Brewers.

I must apologise though Dave, I completely ignored you when I last saw you at Neville's as I didn't recognise you without a beard!

Pat - i think Vlad was just talking about Summit hops by "keeping it on topic" ... :lol:

Pat I think you have entirely missed the point that Vlad was making.

As Kook has stated, most of the WA brewers have had the pleasure of knowing BigD for several years. Indeed IIRC he was present at the very first AHB Perth gathering back in 2003.

You will not find a more friendly, helpful and generally nice bloke than Vlad - and to this end, I believe you have the wrong end of the stick entirely.

I don't want ot put words in Vlads mouth, but I have to admit that I find some of the posts (on a lot of threads, not this one) a little tiresome. I love the comeraderie, assistance and generosity that we all enjoy on AHB and 'outside' the forum, but when I'm looking for brewing information on this forum, having to read through some of the posts that stray from topic is time consuming and frankly, boring.

I have no objection to the forum used in this manner, but I'd prefer to stick loosley to topic, when a specific topic is being discussed and allow the conversation style postings go ahead in separate thread. Of course, nothing, is black and white and there's always scope for movement.

LT

Pat - i think Vlad was just talking about Summit hops by "keeping it on topic" ... :lol:

I don't think so, when it was Kook that asked about the summit hops in the 1st place :)

+++

Pat, you need to put a ban on yourself from 11pm onwards mate ;) - I really can't see how you could take such offense at Vlad's post...

+++

Anyway, this is going way off topic... so apologies & hopefully back to the topic...

cheers Ross

Kook - I'd like to come to the 2007 BBD!

Asher

PS - Made my first batch of camembert on the weekend... Should be well mouldy by May!

LOL Kai!!!

Thanks for the replies guys both above and in email. I have now deleted the post - have a copy though! It's made the point though I reckon if my thinking were better at the moment I could have done this in a far better manner ;)

Anyway, if you found anything I wrote of interest pleaselet me know. I need all the friends in WA I can get and we don't have to tell anyone - just joking (I think!)

Kook, my apologies for the interruption and you have a bloody great day! I'll certainly look forward to reading of your adventures and hopefully you can all have a bit of a laugh at my expense! And, if you, or anyone else for that matter are passing by Freo, please feel free to drop in for a beer. I think I'm much better one on one than in large groups at the moment. (Thought I'd mention that just in case this wasn't blatantly obvious :blink:)

All the best from WA's High Risk Poster,
Pat

Edit: Forgot to say that I keep getting everyone's names mixed up. Knowing my luck, Vlad is probably one of the really nice blokes I've met. In fact, pretty much everyone I've met has been more than exceptionally nice so percentages aren't looking too good for me!

If they are mean to you Pat,you just come straight back home
Poke.gif

Batz

WOW What did i miss. (Don't answer that)

Count me in if there is still room.

Regards
Rich

Theres still plenty of room.

We do need to hope for a fine day though, rain could pose a problem.

Sounds excellent Kook. I reckon name tags would be handy. I had great difficulty even remembering my own name towards the end of Asher's - not even too sure when the end was :blink:

Cheers
Pat

Great news bigD!

I take it the "name on forehead with artline" trick we used on engineering fresher camp probably wouldn't be appropriate?

I'd be keen to come down and chat/rant about beer, I've yet to attend any brew clubs/brew days like this.

Is everyone friendly at these things?

NO! We're definitely not friendly ! we digest KnK newbies and spit them out as wannabe AGer's
Visit at your own peril ! You will not be popular with the missus afterwards.

:D

Fortunately I have no missus to answer to just yet... well not one "who must be obeyed" anyway! ;)

Lucky b@$*%#d !

hey guys .. id like to come along to this - I met a couple of you on the swap day but I was so sooo hungover that I couldnt really talk much hahaha. I might another mate in tow with me who has just started brewing - itd be great to see you guys scare the sh*t out of him with your AG stuff.

if all good, put me down!

Back