Perth Brewday @ The Junctyard

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which day suits you best?

• Saturday the 3rd of March

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunday the 4th of March (Monday is a public holiday)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Finally have had time to look up this thread due to some unrestricted internet access albeit, dial-up...

Great to meet all those who attended the, 'Batz in Perth,' do and thanks a heap for your invite to this brew day Asher. I'm fascinated to see the palm tree and to meet the Sandgropers I missed the other day.

I'm a little scared about the ball gag though :huh: I'm also hoping that the beers on the day will be less than 1000 IBU's as my palate has only just recovered from the last QLD Swap :eek: (Ask Bunyip or Zizzle.)

Asher, I'll do my best to order some grain tonight and do my first WA brews (well, in 10 years anyway) this weekend using a great APA recipe from Zizzle and maybe Batz's Kin Kin Ale so unless otherwise advised, count on me for a keg or two.

Thanks,
Pat

Bugger, just seen this, away that weekend!

damn blast and all that!!

Grab

Yo Patch,

If you want it, I will probably have a big US-56 yeast cake in the next week, if you want to dump it on your APA

Sinkas, that'd be great - never tried that before. All I need now is to find somewhere that sells grain hopefully near Freo.

Thanks
Pat

Patch, TWOC hombewing is 15 minutes down stock road from your place. Pleanty of grain there.

PMs Sent to the following with details for Sunday
Did I miss anyone?

Guest Lurker
Kook
Sinkas
Pbrosnan
Doogiechap
JasonY
Vlad The Pale Aler
Goat
Tipsy_McStagger
Chillamacgilla
Recharge
Simon W
Hillbilly
Deebee
Barfridge
BigAl
Tony M
Ausdb
Kroozy
RandyRob
mika_lika
recharge
PistolPatch

Wow these things are getting big, although to be fair Recharge is so keen he is in there twice. I'll be there with a keg of soda water, a keg of English Pale Ale, and some snacks. If I bring a power board and extension cord, can I get power for the pimped up wheelie keg?

Bring it allong GL - Plenty of power points to tap into...

Wow these things are getting big
22 if everyone rocks up! Thank god I have an outside dunny.... and a mate with tear gas and a water cannon handy if things go pear shaped.

Bring it allong GL - Plenty of power points to tap into...
22 if everyone rocks up! Thank god I have an outside dunny.... and a mate with tear gas and a water cannon handy if things go pear shaped.
You'll need them Asher! Spray the toilet paper with tear gas if they get rowdy :p ... that'll make the water canon busy! :D

InCider.

May I attend your brewday Asher? I may be able to get away for a couple of hours.

Cheers

Ben

Thanks for the PM Asher.

I'm just wondering if they still have that Captain's Club over here where they come and drive you and your car home?

If they don't have the above, I'm probably going to have to taxi it there and back so if anyone wants to do this with me, please let me know.

And thanks for the TWOC tip guys. Beats the hell out of Gold Coast HBS's.

Hey PP,
If you are on the train at fremantle at 11.10AM, you'll be at Vic Park at 11.53AM and the ten minute walk will do you good.

Hey PP,
If you are on the train at fremantle at 11.10AM, you'll be at Vic Park at 11.53AM and the ten minute walk will do you good.

A lot cheeper too.

LOL Tony. My worry is going on the train with a keg or two. I'm either going to get mugged or make too many friends esp. on the way home :unsure:

Anyway, if anyone wants to share a taxi, I'm happy to drive around and pick up some troops and then go from my place. On the way back I imagine a taxi could drop us all off and we split the total cost. With 4 people I reckon it would be a max. of $20 per head and no walking ;)

Not sure how you guys usually do this. You must all have very understanding wives. I will try and get one too before Sunday just in case :blink:

LOL Tony. My worry is going on the train with a keg or two. I'm either going to get mugged or make too many friends esp. on the way home :unsure:

Anyway, if anyone wants to share a taxi, I'm happy to drive around and pick up some troops and then go from my place. On the way back I imagine a taxi could drop us all off and we split the total cost. With 4 people I reckon it would be a max. of $20 per head and no walking ;)

Not sure how you guys usually do this. You must all have very understanding wives. I will try and get one too before Sunday just in case :blink:

Hey PP,

i was going to offer to pick you up from the vic park train station, but since you're taking the kegs i guess that is out of the question.

i live in cannington but may be able to sort out someting with you. i was just going to ride my push bike there. but if u need a hand getting there i could drive out and pick you up and drive to my girlfriends olds
(their in vic park) leave the car thre and see if we can score a lift there with them or if its close enough grab a keg each and walk?

Rob.

Anybody want to trade some yeast while we are there on the weekend, I have 30ml vails of 1272-American 2 & 3724-saison available and want a 3068-weihenstephan.

Back