Perth Gathering/October

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perth get-together - What's your prefered date?

• Either day works for me!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd prefer the 25th of September

• I'd prefer the 9th of October

• Total voters

Asher

Junctyard Brewing
Reaction score
Alrighty. I feel its time to organise the next Perth get together.....
Everyone's invited to my place for a day of brewing and drinking
Its nearly October, so pack your felt hats & um-par music CD's ;)

It seems from comments that a few people may not be able to make the proposed date of Sat 25th September. The only other Saturday (I'm assuming everyone would prefer a Sat arvo thing) I've got free round then is the 9th of October. I'm happy with either of these dates. I know JasonY can't do the 25th, GL is riding the silk pony or something in Asia so don't know when he'll be around.... but would be nice if he could make it since he's got the beer!

The plan is to do something similar to last time at GL's house.
- I'll sort out lunch. i.e. a snaggers etc on the barby.
- BYO favourite beer snack & beers for all to sample...
- GL will hopefully be bringing along some of the Ale we made at his house last time...
- I'll be firing up the brewery and making a 'Very Pale Continental Lager'...Trumer pills style! A keg of which will be put aside for the next get-together,,, hopefully ;-))
- Plan to be doughing in @ around 12:00 noon (should see the brew all done by sunset). All welcome from then on....

So. If your interested in coming along leave a message here & a preference for the date if you have one.

Asher for now...

Can't make the 25th so 9th for me, if that is too hard for others then don't worry about me :)

Look forward to seeing the beast of a brewery! Hopefully swipe some ideas for my setup.

Now you never know , Batz son has just bought a boat that needs to be picked up.....mmmmmm

Sounds interesting

:p :p

Either is fine for me - can't wait to see the beast in action !

Either is fine for me, assuming I can coerce SWMBO into driving me.

Btw Asher, in which suburb do you live?

Barfridge,
You've got a month to work on her...
I live close to rail in Vic Park anyway
Asher for now

Either date is fine with me. What about both?

Batz, If there is a real chance you can make it, which date would be better for you?

GL sneaks into mine office when no-one is looking and uses stolen password to get to internet for a beer chat fix.

Have no idea where I will be either of those dates so you guys choose. Back in Perth next week.

The AHB ESB was labelled and crated and set aside before I left, so that even if I am not there Goat or Barfridge or someone that side of town can pick it up, so the beer will be there regardless.

So far it sounds like the regulars are up for it. How about a few other Perth brewers coming along. It will be a great day, and we wont have to worry about getting drunk as we just have to press the "start" button on Ashers system and sit back.

Im fine with either day, look forward to seeing the brew setup you have got, assuming I havent drained all my mini kegs by then Ill bring some of them along as well.
Cheers
Peter

I'll be there to help with the brew Asher, as usual i'll be sitting back and drinking your beer and occasionally turning valves that should be left closed, just to keep you on your feet. :D

The switch is going to have to be flicked on the 25th of September guys….

A close friend has decided to have his Bux on the 9th…
JasonY – If you cant make it and are still keen to get some ideas, I’m brewing a dunkleweizen this Sunday…
Everyone else, start thinking of a beer snack to beat Deebee’s dried anchovy nut stuff…interestingly tasty… It grew on me…

So far the list is:
BigAl (aka Trash-Mash-Al)
Guest Lurker – if he’s in town
AHB-ESB – that’s a beer!
Devilsaltarboy – his names Peter, not Damien…
Deebee
Barfridge
Goat
Batz – if your in town swing on by.

Anyone other brewers reading this are also more than welcome

Asher for now..

0001.jpg

GL is back in town and will be doing his best to stay until 25th. Is that grand final weekend? Not that I care being a rugby fan who lost interest in rugby after NZ got hammered by SA. But I think Deebee at least is an aerial ping pong fan. Come on people, first things first, its all about the beer.
KOOK where are you?

Asher said:
The switch is going to have to be flicked on the 25th of September guys.
Bugger :( ahh well I can't really turn down a free trip to France (business class at that!) so I will have to look at the pictures instead. Can't make the dunkelwiezen either unfortunately as this weekend is booked out.

Will have to check out the super brewery next time, maybee by the time I see it mine will be just as automated ;)

Given it is fairly automated you can discuss the axioms of chaos thoery which Simon used to guide him in the construction of his immersion chiller, I'm sure its presence will be missed on the day :blink: :ph34r: :p

Can't be there guys

Will be down in September for a few days , cya then

Guest Lurker said:
But I think Deebee at least is an aerial ping pong fan. Come on people, first things first, its all about the beer.
Dockers won't be there. I don't care anymore. *sniff*

I will be there.

I thought there was something odd about you Deebee...... the right team got in.

I saw Mr Kook a week or so ago at the Matilda Bay tasting night (which was very informative BTW). He is leaving our fair shores for the UK on the 12 of Sept. Sounds like a good excuse for a few beers to me.......

Will be there no problems, turns fortuitous you chose the 25th september found out I booked oktoberfest at duckstein following weekend.
Cheers
Peter

Good stuff Peter....

I'm brewing a dunkelweizen this Sat, so a keg of it should be chilled & gassed by the 25th... 14 days from grain to brain...;-)
Since you were in Germany only a few weeks ago I'll be interested to see how it stacks up against the real thing!

No Reinheitsgebot in my backyard though ;-)
Asher for now

Asher, thanks for the PM. Can confirm that I have invited two utter newbies with a view to infecting them with The Bug.

Also. Will bring ikan bilis despite being otherwise a fairly kind and considerate sort of guy.

Ive PM'd everyone on this list with my details for the 25ths get-together..... I'f anyone else is interested just say g'day on this thread and I'll forward you my details.

I'll be between computes for the rest of the week, so will catch up next Monday

Attendees:
BigAl (aka Trash-Mash-Al)
Guest Lurker - if hes in town
AHB-ESB - the beer from last time
Devilsaltarboy - his names Peter, not Damien
Deebee
Deebee's friends Sarah and Toby
Barfridge
Goat

I plan to dough in @ 12:00. So burners will be lit about 11:30. Bit of water chemistry done before that. (but repeated with sparge water anyway)
Your welcome any time from then on....
We'll be barbing a few snaggers etc when the first person gets hungry and starts cooking;-)

What to bring:
- Bring along your favourite drinking vessel, challis or pot... (I've got plenty if you don't have one...)
- Beer snacks are more than welcome.
- I've got the snaggers & rolls sorted.
- & Offcourse some of yours or someone else's finest to sample
- Don't worry about lugging eskys if you don't want, I'll have plenty of cold storage...

Asher for now

Back