Perth Gathering/October

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perth get-together - What's your prefered date?

• Either day works for me!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd prefer the 25th of September

• I'd prefer the 9th of October

• Total voters
Have a good one guys , wish I could join you

Next time you have one of these I'll send down some Batz brews for you to sample as well

Cheers Batz

Not that I ever know for sure but its starting to look like I should be in town that weekend and I am looking forward to it. I'll be there by 12 and will be last to leave. The AHB ESB will be there (although it might be at 12 degrees, since the beer fridge currently has a fermenter full of Kirin lager in it).

Two bottles of AHB ESB going to the post office today so Big D can sample the fruits of his labours at the same time as everyone else.

I was hoping for a sample of the AHB ESB at last nights WCB meet :( Hope you all have a good time and wake up with no hangovers. Drink all of Ashers Kirin crown lager :p

Speaking of the Kirin Crownie....

I got some news from the SABSOSA comp. It's off to the nationals for this 'Australian premium lager' :p

Asher for now....

Well done Asher.

Sorry JasonY, Great Dane training has moved to Monday nights, and according to she who must be obeyed, it takes precedence over brewing club meetings, so you wont see me there much. You never know though, there may a bottle of AHB ESB left to go in your Christmas Case.

excellent gl im looking forward to sampling the beers.

congratulations asher on your win in sabsosa and all the best in the nationals

cheers
big d

ps have a good brew day guys wish i could be there ;)

The recipe....

'Perth AHB Czech Pills'... ever tried a Trumer Pills?

OG 1.050

7kg IMC Pilsner Malt
1kg Hoepfner Vienna
500g carapills
Maybe some Melanoidin (about 2% to give that decoction malt flavour - I'm just worried how this will affect the colour)

Colour - 3.5 EBC... about as light as you can get

Mash @ 67deg for 50mins
Mash out @ 75deg using HERMS for 10 mins

90 min boil

22 IBU of Northern Brewer @ 60mins
+ A secret blend (only to be known by those present) of Hallertau & Saaz for flavour & aroma

Yeast - WLP 800 - Pilsner lager strain from the Czech Republic

See everyone on Sat.
Asher for now

The secret of the blend will be safe with me. I never remember my Saturdays. Looking forward to it.

Hey Big D, did the ESB I posted you get there?

no not here yet simon.
hopefully end of this week or next week.fingers crossed. ;)

Getting very excited.

Erm... not sure how to ask this, but Asher will there be a telly handy? Don't want to be howled down by non-AFL lovers but I wouldn't mind keeping one eye on the score. It is the grand final after all.

I have a little portable I could bring if your telly is not in the brewery. Let me know...

I was wondering that too deebee. Gotta see the lions win

Really <_< :angry:

dont worry guys....
I'm sure I'll be able to rig something up.....

How about 109cm's of plasma!

Asher for now ^_^

Plenty of beer here too...

Ashers Tasting Menu:
American Pale Ale
Kirin german lager
Maerzen
GT rice lager
Hefeweizen
Stout
Strong sweet cider

Shit We've got some drinking to do!

Excellent. Don't let those greedy buggers finish the GT lager before I get there, that has my name on it.

Deebee, want me to bring some VB to go with that TV?

I've got a can of Carlton Mid that someone left here...
Usual story..... they bring round crap as a token gesture to suck down copious quantities of my beer...

Asher for now

I know all about that one asher :)

It explains the 5 bottles of Tooheys New that are polluting my fridge. They had one out of the 6-pack to appear polite, then proceeded to get stuck into the homebrew.

Shall I bring this along as some sort of booby prize?

barfridge said:
I know all about that one asher :)

It explains the 5 bottles of Tooheys New that are polluting my fridge. They had one out of the 6-pack to appear polite, then proceeded to get stuck into the homebrew.
geez, tell me about it. Was wondering why I was running out of room in the bottle fridge. Did some investigating and someone had dumped VB and Sterling in there :eek: . Gone now (as weed killer) :p

Doc

Im looking forward to it Asher the missus is dropping me off at 12 so no need to dive or worry about stumbling to public transport and ill be bringing a keg of my pale ale which I think is really smooth drinking. Cu tomorow guys

Latest posts

Back