Perth Gathering/October

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perth get-together - What's your prefered date?

• Either day works for me!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd prefer the 25th of September

• I'd prefer the 9th of October

• Total voters
Well I finally made it home, after giving up waiting for a taxi, and staggering the final 4km.

I'd just like to say a huge thanks to Asher and his wonderful partner for hosting the day! I really couldn't ask for better hosts.

And also thanks to everyone else for the wonderful beers they bought along, and for being so polite about my brews :)

I'm looking forward to the next one

What an excellent day. Very well hosted by Asher and Lou. Huge range of beers to try including a number of award winners. And Ashers brew beast is even shinier in the flesh, especially with the burners roaring. As was obvious, thats the drunkest I have been since the last brewday, apologies to anyone if I did or said anything (shouted anything) unacceptable.

And a special message to those who wagered I wouldnt make it to Bayswater on the mountain bike:

Um......I guess I owe you a beer. Technically, I, my bike, two glass jugs and a bottle of Deebees beer did get home with out any third party assistance.

But a chunk of skin, and some alcohol diluted blood got left on the Graham Farmer Freeway bridge after I clipped a bollard while executing a somewhat optimistic island hopping manoeuvre and went over the handlebars.

Looking forward to the next one, but I might talk Fleur into picking me up.

Good to see you made it home..... safely GL !
Same goes Barfridge... I think I have a Ribooza head ache!

It was a ripper of a brew day alright. I don't remember tasting a bad beer all day.
Unfortunately I was too buisy to get many snap shots of the action, bit I recon this one sums it up prety well...

The lager is in the fridge fermenting away. Its going to be a hazey number though....I forgot to add the Kopafloc to the boiler :rolleyes:
Its also quite a bit darker than I'd hoped, The Melaniodin must have been quite a bit darker than the figures I used in Promash

Pic: Guest Lurker is on the left (skin still intact)..., Deebee is 'feeling' the aroma

Asher for now

0002.jpg

And what an aroma it was!

Great day Asher. Many thanks to you and Lou for putting on a top gig. Lots of great beer. I was even impressed with the kit beers I tasted.

Lurker, Glad to know the stubbie of threecan thriller made it home safely. No guarantees it won't send you blind. Sorry to hear about your skin.

Sounds like a great day wish I could have made it :) Look forward to seeing what pics you took and the next perth day out!

Thanks Asher and Lou - I had a great day..... and I can remember at least 2/3 of it !!

(having a little difficulty with hydration levels at the moment)

Thanks for a great day Asher
The next day at uni was rather hazy but it was well worth it.
That Dunkleweizen was bloody good. Look forward to more drunken affairs right after I switch to my backup liver.

AHB cloudy trumer dunkel...
We forgot the flocculent as well as understating the melanoidin colour

Why?
GL was too busy shouting
deebee was too busy sniffing
Sarah and Toby were still busy working on the mashing concept to worry about detail
DAB was busy wondering whether the dunkelweizen was alcoholic or not
Trash mash Al was disposing of 10 litres of American ale anyway he could...
Goat was temporarily blinded from staring at the shiny brewery for too long
Barfridge was sitting down the other end of the table dishing up 12% ciders!....

Alls good with fermentation though...

Dropped temp to 18deg @ Pitched 4 litres of starter onto the 40 litres of wort early Sat night.
By Sunday morning, the first signs of fermentation were visible. (circles of foam appearing on surface). Dropped temp down to 12deg over the next 24 hours as high krausen was reached. Has been fermenting away nicely @ 12 deg ever since....
Expecting fermentation to take ~ 2 weeks. then I'll rack off into kegs for cold conditioning.
Will CP fill bottles for everyone before the next get together. Hopefully the prolonged CCing will help it clear...

Jason, I believe you place was nominated for the next do.... unanimous vote in your absence ;) ;) :lol:

Asher for now

Asher said:
Jason, I believe you place was nominated for the next do.... unanimous vote in your absence ;) ;) :lol:
Fine by me, just bought a huge 10 seater outdoor setting and have a huge new patio by the kegerator :) plenty of room to brew and drink out of the sun.

Look forward to tasing the dunkel (and that ESB lurker!)

Theres a couple of ESBs set aside as a bonus in your Christmas case Mr Y.

Latest posts

Back