Perth Gathering - Late May/early June

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What date should Barf hold a brewday?

• Saturday 27th May

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunday 28th May

• Saturday 10th June

• Sunday 11th June

• Total voters
Still looking so-so for me... attendance will mean certain divorce. (I am weighing this up very carefully.)

DB

Doesn't sound good Dave. Is there anything we can do to help? Threatening phonecalls? Bricks with messages attached? Horses' heads? It would be a shame to not have you there, we all remember your wonderful sense of direction from last time :)

mika_lika: The unofficial official rules are for you to bring: a glass, a jug if you have one, a few samples of your beer, and options are: interesting snacks, a bottle of something nice you got from the shop, and $50 for the host.

Hillbilly: Everyone is more than welcome. If they let me come along to all the other brewdays I doubt I should be kicking anybody out.

Any beer I bring will be K&K so maybe not up to the lofty standards set by the rest of the Perth crew.

Define interesting snack ?

Don't worry about your beers, as the saying goes you learn more from a bad batch than you do from 10 good ones. The guys are all friendly and will give you good feedback and tips on how to make it better.

As for snacks here are a few things people have bought along:
- fried anchovy and peanut mix
- chicken wings and garlic bread
- homemade pretzels
- home made snags
- wasabi nuts
- meat and cheese platter thingies
- sushi

It's a bit of a gourmet day, and well worth the effort.

I usually bring kit beers to these and everyone is very polite. They all make sure they spit it out behind the shed where I can't see them.

would love to come along tot his guys and meet a few of you.

/me plans: I have about half a keg of Respberry Weizen left, I could prroobbabbllyy at a squeeze save some of that for the day .. though it disappeared at an amazing rate over the weekend ... hmm. If I bottle some of my PA now it -might- be carbed by the 10th - but most of thats being given away as a birthday present to a mate haha. Doh. Hmmm. I could probably get a keg of mango weizen done within three weeks - they're great green anyways... unfortunatly the Kolsch that i jsut put down wont be ready in time with the added lagering =/

That said, oh yeh - im up for this if im welcome! :)

:ph34r:
deebee said:
I usually bring kit beers to these and everyone is very polite. They all make sure they spit it out behind the shed where I can't see them.
[post="126437"][/post]​

Hahahaha :p
That's what I'm worried about, I'll never get invited again :unsure:

I've got some brews that should be interesting for the day, I've got a clone of a beez neez that hasn't gone quite right, so it would be interesting to hear other peoples take on it.
Don't think the Porter will make it (too green) and anything else I have is all Summer/Wheat type beer... oh well :chug:

I can't remember the beer ever running out at any of these gigs so don't sweat it.

I haven't brewed for ages and will probably visit the bottlo for something obscure and interesting to take along.

Cool i dont have too vote.
Count me in for the 10th (I feel a sickie comin' on)

:chug:

Cool, another to add to the mix. If all goes well, may have some merchandise for you at the same time Recharge :D

So this is getting closer, is it still on ?? :unsure:

Edit: I apparently repeated myself :unsure:

yeh, im still keen on coming along.

My Amber should be ready by then as well :)

Yes, it is still on, Saturday June 10th is the date.

I'll be updating the first post soon with all the details.

I just updated the first post with all the details, let me know if I've left anything out.

Hi all,
Sorry but I will not be making it on saturday, due to exam stress etc, hope you have a great day. With a bit of assistance from Big Al recently, its looking like there could be a brew day in Bicton quite soon.

Cheers

Case

Afraid I wont be able to make it either Barf, having just moved in to the new house I have too many 'tasks' to complete for SWMBO. Hope you all have a good one.

Even after penning the brewday on the calender, I am looking iffy for Saturday as I have a 1st birthday party at Whiteman Park to attend(Friends coming up from the south west). I will definately come for a few hours after the party(3ish) with a tummy full of fairy bread, jelly beans, cup cakes etc. I'll see if I can snag a lolly bag when I leave for the brewers.....

pbronsnan: I do need a gas cylinder. If you could bring one that would be great.

Sorry to hear some of you can't make it, you're going to miss out on a great day.

Back