Perth Gathering - Late May/early June

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What date should Barf hold a brewday?

• Saturday 27th May

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunday 28th May

• Saturday 10th June

• Sunday 11th June

• Total voters

barfridge

Small fridge, powerful thirst
Reaction score
Well since nobody else has put up thier hand, I'll host the next AHB gathering, in the wilds of Morley. It will be a good excuse for me to commission my new 58 litre converted-keg boiler.

Being at the cooler end of the year, I think I'll do some sort of lager, possibly a vienna or a bock.

I've put up a poll for people to nominate dates. Foundation day is 5th June, so the weekend of the 3rd/4th won't be any good for lots of people. As usual I'll procure some of De Brovnics' finest and fire up the barbie.

With anything else I'm open to suggestion...

Details:
Saturday 10th June, from 12pm
12 Hampton Square East, Morley

I'll put on a bbq lunch, but please feel free to bring along some interesting snacks. If anybody has a spare gas cylinder, it would be most appreciated, so we can bbq and brew at the same time. I should be ok for everything else, and will hopefully get the grain crushed at the HBS.

Bring a glass, jug if you have one, and some samples of your brews. I'll have 3 beers on tap, plus whatever else I can dig up.

Brewing will be conducted under the patio out the back of the house, so rain won't be a problem, but it can still get cold.

Things usually wind up between 5 and 6 (or so I've been told, the memory is usually a bit hazy).

Champion suggestion Barf.
Any of those days works for me, only day that anything's happening is the 28th..but if the Brewday ends up on that day I'd come to the Brewday !
:D

At the moment I am in Indonesia May 28 to June 9, so the only one I couldnt do is 28 May. For the rest, I and my wheelie keg should make it. But I havent voted cos my schedule may well change. Does Cilla know about this?

well done Barfs.

I'm up for the 10th but that's only based on the attendance of the wheelybin....

Wheelie keg ??

I'm easy, a Saturday is probably better for me. That far in advance I have nothing planned and hopefully it will stay that way (except for brew days).

Just need to figure out how to get to Morley and back! Maybee the train will be running south by then :lol:

Cilla does know about this, and has set some stringent conditions. That's why I'm being a good boy and cleaning the house tonight. I even managed to assemble some Ikea furniture that I purchased about 3 months ago.

Excellent, I have been looking forward to one of these.
I can make any of those dates but due to the impending arrival of baby Kroozy I may have only had 2 hours sleep. But a few beers will fix that!

Damn... I've got a Mountainbike Race on the 28th & the 11th.
Will still rock up for the commissioning and a 'soda water' from the wheelie keg though...

Asher for now

27-28 not good for me either. Mrs going away to Melbourne and I will have my hands full of kids who, unlike Vlad's, are too young to drive me home.

Even the 10th is so-so but I will be optimistic and vote for the 10th.

DB

Nice one Barf! Any of those dates would suit me at the moment but mrs macgilla likes to pen social events onto the calender willy nilly. I will gradually lock off those dates with a number of faux social events that will mysteriously fall through once we confirm a date for the brew day ;) ......sounds like a good idea now...

Barfridge, all those days are fine for me, though prefer sat to sundays, esp with commitments like the wheelie keg :chug:

Cheers

Just checked my antisocial calender and surprisingly any of those dates are good, but would prefer a Saturday.
I had a bottle of Ruby from last year to bring along, but after a trip to Sydney it seems to have been misplaced :angry: ........DeeBee enjoy the kids while they are young 'cause it's all downhill from then.

Any chance of incorporating a decoction into the schedule Barf?

Hi All,

Either of the Saturdays would be good for me. Sundays are generally a recovery day ...

It looks like Saturday the 10th of June is our winner.

I don't know about a decoction for a vienna (I've decided on this style, will steal pintoflager's recipie, it's a cracker).

See you all then, I'll post my address and stuff closer to the date.

Excellent Barf. I'll lock the 10th into the social calender. Englands first World Cup match (V Paraguay)in the evening - the day just keeps getting better.

I look forward to checking out your chrissy brewing treats.

Would'nt mind tagging along if that's alright.
Hillbilly. :chug:

The 10th it is... go the mighty brewday :D
I haven't ever been to an official brewday...... is there anything I should bring ???

Latest posts

Back