Perth Gathering - Late May/early June

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What date should Barf hold a brewday?

• Saturday 27th May

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunday 28th May

• Saturday 10th June

• Sunday 11th June

• Total voters
Barfridge, just got back from your brew afternoon and regret leaving already, thank you for the food and the beer it was great, hope to see you all again.

Hillbilly.

Thanks for a great few hours BF,

Took a pick with my fone, BF preventing boilover with water spray....looks like my my trick boiling 49L in a 50L pot :p

Picture_0042.jpg

Cheers

Bigal :beer:

Thanks for an excellent day Barfridge.

I can't believe you can brew AG with everyone around and still be so relaxed.

Somehow I managed to end up with one of your kitchen knives so will bring it to WCB on Monday.

Thanks again
Kroozy

Champion Brewday Barfridge....even if it did start off a little shaky ;)

And now some photos, all resized so shouldn't be too bad to load but if anyone wants the fullsize versions (~800kb) send me a message and I'll forward them on.

The Deadly portable Keg....

Deadly_wheelie_keg_resize.JPG

the crush from Kroozy's new crankandstein, it's first use

The_crush_resize.JPG

The sparge

The_sparge_resize.JPG

Missed the boil, so straight on to chilling and filling the fermentor

Filling_the_fermentor_resize.JPG

And of course, the people who 'supervised' the activities (not much room on Barfridge's patio for a wide angle shot)

P1010004_resize.JPG

P1010007_resize.JPG

P1010008_resize.JPG

good food, good beer, good day. thankyou :beer:

Great day thanks Jeff. Glad i could make it to another one.
Thanks Vlad for the grain i'm slowly running out of excuses.

Rich

Hey Jeff

Thanks for hosting a great brewday. Got a little drunker than I had planned. Those snags were awesome too.

Cheers

Ben

P.S. Nice Kwaka too!

You're all most welcome guys. I'll have you lot over anytime. As always, Cilla was amazed at how well behaved you can be when completely pissed.

Thanks for a great day Jeff & Mrs Jeff, picked up the gas and left over sausages rolls. No sign of the lost knife I'm afraid.

shit! The wife is giving me a real hard time about her good knife going missing.

Could everyone please check thier gear for a Mundial knife with a black handle. It's about 10-15cm long.

I won't get any rest until it is returned.

Thanks

BF, I have the lost knife - see my previous post. It was inside my cheesecake box that I took home.
I'll bring it to WCBs tomorrow night.

Tell your wife that I am sorry about that. I can understand she would be miffed, it is a nice knife.

Oops, I guess I missed that post of yours, must have been drunker than I thought :) Cilla will be relieved.

Thanks Barfridge ! Spewing I couldn't stay for longer. Great to finally put some faces to the names ! My hat goes off to you too re hosting and brewing ! I can barely hold a conversation and brew let alone look after a Barby and gatherong of 20+ blokes :p
Can't wait for the next one.
Cheers
Doug

Cheers barfridge I had a great time. and learnt a lot. and drunk alot. also ate alot. Thanx mate. ricky.

Looks like a great day Barf. I was spewing about not getting back in time. I had pimped up the wheelie keg before I went away specially for the occasion.

As penance for missing, I will probably do the next Perth brew day in July.

Looks like a great day Barf. I was spewing about not getting back in time. I had pimped up the wheelie keg before I went away specially for the occasion.

Your wheelie has got some very serious competition Cap'n.... I hope you did a good job of it.

It was a great afternoon (even if I was a touch too sober). Good to see some new faces there too. Thanks Priscilla and Jeff.

Does that mean a steinbrew is on the cards?

Sounds like a ripper day was had by all - well done Barf. Very dissappointed that I couldn't go...little ms Macgilla was wired on sugar from the 1st birthday party and cold turkey was imminent. I look forward to catching up with everyone at the next brewday.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back