2017 SEQ Christmas Case Swap - Tasting thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine are in new Coopers bottles from big w, not sure if we have sourced which brand is the main culprit in the splitting.

Mine are in new Coopers bottles from big w, not sure if we have sourced which brand is the main culprit in the splitting.
Shit better check on the crowmanz ale then... lest I clean wild saison off the carpet.

So far, there's a combination of the Morgans which seem to leak for the fun of it (due to lowrring of quality?), and reused caps that maybe haven't bedded in solidly. Thats a bugger with the Morgans, I hope MJ's don't head down that path.

So far, there's a combination of the Morgans which seem to leak for the fun of it (due to lowrring of quality?), and reused caps that maybe haven't bedded in solidly. Thats a bugger with the Morgans, I hope MJ's don't head down that path.
Hmm I got coopers, not sure of the quality of em. Any issues with using them?

Cracked 11. Zombie dust clone. From memory someone did one of these a few swaps ago? This beer is amber in colour and oozes ripe mango and stonefruit. Head didn't hand around long but neither did the beer. Great drop.

9. Evoo4u smoked porter. Had this a the swap and really enjoyed it. Nothing has changed great porter with a hint of smoke. Not only do you know olive oil mate you have a bit of an idea about smoke too.

4 . Bribie G - Tooths 1950s XXX Ale

Lovely drop mate, all there is to say. Straw coloiured, clean, subtle, very easy to drink. Looking forward to making a few along these lines soon.

IMG_1068.JPG

16. seeheusen - Blueberry hefe

So good to see this one back martyin, one of my all time favourtie drops. Lovely ubtle scolouring, the fruit comes through very balanced.

IMG_1072.JPG

Cracked Liams Saison, nice beer mate, can't miss the peppercorns! How much did you use? My blackpepper and lime saison used 12 whole peppercorns, initially in your face but the pepper fades a bit too fast for my taste (as you may have noticed).

Cracked 11. Zombie dust clone. From memory someone did one of these a few swaps ago? This beer is amber in colour and oozes ripe mango and stonefruit. Head didn't hand around long but neither did the beer. Great drop.

Hey benken, thanks for the nice comments. I haven’t cracked any of mine yet as they’re only a few weeks old. Did it seem carbed up enough?

Cracked Liams Saison, nice beer mate, can't miss the peppercorns! How much did you use? My blackpepper and lime saison used 12 whole peppercorns, initially in your face but the pepper fades a bit too fast for my taste (as you may have noticed).
I used 16g of whole peppercorns which I then crushed, & threw in a cube. I think that's about 10x your rate :p
When do you put yours in?

I don't get it, my bottle came up ferpectly balanced, there was just enough peppercorns to give a smidgeon of presence.

6. Liam_snorkel - Saison with black peppercorns

There's peppercorns in here? Haha I'm getting a touch on the backend but getting strong Saison esters (they are peppery). Persistent white head, good carbonation, all round solid Saison.

Attachments

• IMG_20171212_193924564.jpg
    IMG_20171212_193924564.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 79
I used 16g of whole peppercorns which I then crushed, & threw in a cube. I think that's about 10x your rate :p
When do you put yours in?
5 minutes (roughly crushed) along with the lime rind.

Latest posts

Back