Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating using the link above.

Matt's DIY Keezer build

Discussion in 'DIY Projects' started by Matto-FNQ, 2/2/18.

1. Abird89

Posted 8/3/18
    That is the exact reason I didn't do the sums on my keezer build!! I know it's over $1000... just don't want to know how close it came to $2000.
    But at the end of the day I'm stoked with it and had a great time building.

2. phildo

Posted 8/3/18
    It's more a case of preference than advantages. It's probably just a bit easier to aim inside and you can put it right up inside and squeeze. Easy to trickle around the outside if you need to rinse that off. https://www.madaboutscience.com.au/shop/catalog/product/view/id/3239/s/wash-bottle-removable-jet/ is where I got it but be careful clicking on the link, you might find that you will spend more money on a measuring cylinder for your hydrometer, various beakers for boiling and hop additions, a wide mouth Erlenmeyer Flask, pippetes ect lol

3. Matto-FNQ

Posted 12/3/18
    Thanks Yuz - that does actually help a lot!

That's the main thing Abird! I can heartily recommend NOT adding up the receipts :D

Do you have a thread somewhere showing your keezer build? I'd be keen to have a look.

Sounds perfect. I'll have a look at that site, but I'll hide my credit card first...

Cheers!
    Matt

phildo likes this.
  4. Abird89

5. Ben Davies

Pest control tech
    Posted 15/8/18 at 12:16 AM
    Cheers Matt for sharing this build am definitely doing this awesome stuff amazing what beer can bring out of a person other than vomit:D.

6. Matto-FNQ

Posted 15/8/18 at 3:36 AM
    Thanks Ben - it was a fun project and continues to keep the beer cold, which is the main thing.

Watch this space - I'm planning on upgrading it to a 4-tap font in the very near future to get it ready for summer :) .

I look forward to seeing what you come up with in your build!

Cheers,
    Matt

7. Ben Davies

Pest control tech
    Posted 15/8/18 at 5:42 AM
    Cheers mate ill have to read right through this thread. I get what your putting down in regards to keeping missus on board with the project that was also one comment she made regarding collared keezers she said they loog ugly:rolleyes:. So i flicked her a pick of your creation and she said yep that looks good. I guess beers on me then. Cheers again.

Ive currently got a 3 tap keg king keggerator but thats on loan from bro so times a ticking till i come up with an alternative. I want the 3/4 tap option but with space to lager hopefully 2 more kegs so room for 6 all up 4 on tap.