2006 Nsw Xmas Case (december)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not that im in this swap but i thought that the coopers plastics were only 700ml

not that im in this swap but i thought that the coopers plastics were only 700ml

740mL... i've bought enough of them to know, all the boxes say "15x740mL bottles". Not sure what the exact capacity excluding headspace is though. Under the required 750mL anyway even if they were glass.

I've lined up a few 800mL's from a mate so hopefully i should be alright, i lose my collection of Cooper's longnecks but at least i get them back :)

If i do manage to find a bottle supplier that can do 750mL+ glass bottles i'll let everybody know. Until then, get cosy with your local watering hole and ask them about empties. :beer:

Hey all,
I'm back online after a few months without the net at home. And work blocks any sites that look remotely fun.

Anyway, thanks for putting my name down Duff, and I'll be thinking of what to brew soon.

Cheers, Rob.

for those of you who missed out on this swap ive just started a thread/poll for another small swap labelled SYDNEY XMAS NEW YEAR SMALL CASE SWAP..

so get in there and do the poll so the numbers can decide what the swap will entail...

LINK BELOW TAKES YA STRAIGHT THERE...

SYDNEY XMAS NEW YEAR SMALL SWAP

I have decided to change my beer name to "Mongrel Ale". Highly non-specific, but that's kind of the point. The recipe changes on almost a daily basis! :rolleyes:

Have we decided on a date to submit our bottles?

1. Duff - Victory Hop Devil or RyeIPA or TT Landlord or Pliny the Elder
2. Stuster - American Rye (probably)
3. goatherder
4. Trent
5. DJR - APA or Klsch
6. Pint of Lager
7. Doc - Big hoppy IPA or a Saison
8. Homebrewworld.com - Sweet Stout
9.Chilled
10. Keith
11. n00ch
12. mikem108
13. Beer Slayer
14. Linz - Belgian Wit bier (like No16)
15. Shonky
16. Stephen - Hoegarden White
17. Hopsta
18. Weizguy
19. Thommo - Bitter
20. Kungy
21. Barry - Munich Dunkel
22. Berto
23. Nifty
24. DrewCarey82 - Golden Amber Ale.
25. T.D. - Mongrel Ale
26. PoMo
27. Philmac
28. Crozdog - Southern German lager or Czech pils

1. Duff - Victory Hop Devil or RyeIPA or TT Landlord or Pliny the Elder
2. Stuster - American Rye (probably)
3. goatherder
4. Trent
5. DJR - APA or Klsch
6. Pint of Lager
7. Doc - Big hoppy IPA or a Saison
8. Homebrewworld.com - Sweet Stout
9.Chilled
10. Keith
11. n00ch
12. mikem108
13. Beer Slayer
14. Linz - Belgian Wit bier (like No16)
15. Shonky
16. Stephen - Hoegarden White
17. Hopsta
18. Weizguy
19. Thommo - Bitter
20. Kungy - Nelsons Summer Ale
21. Barry - Munich Dunkel
22. Berto
23. Nifty
24. DrewCarey82 - Golden Amber Ale.
25. T.D. - Mongrel Ale
26. PoMo
27. Philmac
28. Crozdog - Southern German lager or Czech pils

This is a tad weird, considering in the very last reply i was in for the case.

But i think my spot would be more appreciated by one of the stand by's. So first on the list can take my place if they want.

My motivation for churning out a batch on such a largish scale is a bit low at the moment. I think i'll keep the case to once a year.

Sorry fellas

Will

Sorry to see ya go, kungy, have enjoyed your contributions. Look forward to the next one then.
All the best
Trent

Sorry to see you pull out Will, I've really enjoyed your beers over the last two cases.

Josh, thanks for your offer. I guess though to be fair to everyone who put their name down we should go in order who got in first. Going back over the thread the brewers who just missed out on the 28 and who got their names down went like this:

1. Tony
2. Barramundi
3. Oblomov
4. Josh
5. Redbeard

So in fairness, with Will pulling out, the spot opens up for Tony if he wishes to contribute. Tony, are you interested?

Also a reminder Xmas Craters, please label your contribution on the caps with the number only corresponding to your name. It makes sorting so much easier.

1. Duff
2. Stuster
3. goatherder
4. Trent
5. DJR
6. Pint of Lager
7. Doc
8. Homebrewworld.com
9. Chilled
10. Keith
11. n00ch
12. mikem108
13. Beer Slayer
14. Linz
15. Shonky
16. Stephen
17. Hopsta
18. Weizguy
19. Thommo
20. TONY
21. Barry
22. Berto
23. Nifty
24. DrewCarey82
25. T.D.
26. PoMo
27. Philmac
28. Crozdog

It is disappointing to see guys miss out on these swaps. That's why I was thinking if we go ahead next July (and I'm sure everyone would be keen to go around again) that we all try and get together somewhere, whether it be in Sydney or the Hunter for a personal swap and all have a few beers together Saturday night, head home Sunday. That way we could then open it to all interested, meet each other, talk beer, etc. I'm sure with 6+ months notice and a venue we can all agree on, it will give us enough time to save some pennies if need be and get in first on our personal 2007 calenders.

Cheers.

I would love to but i dont think i will get a brew done for it.

I dont have enough of anything in bottles to send out so i will have to pass.

Maybe i will get to start brewing next year again.

Cheers

What date do we have to have our entries ready by???

Earlier in this thread use of Champagne bottles was getting a bashing. Is that the case? because I need to get this sorted, are champagne bottles out?

Is using champagne bottles really fair as not everyone has their capper set for this?

I know I'd prefer to get back 30 longnecks that I can re-use.

What date do we have to have our entries ready by???

Not sure if a date has been set yet, but last year I think it was the last weekend in Nov that all the entries needed to be at Duff's.
With a change of logistics this year, maybe that will go out by a week. Duff ?

Looking to brew my entry this weekend. Still swinging between a Saison or something hoppy. Decisions decisions.

Doc

How about the saison, Doc. :D

Mine was brewed yesterday and is busy bubbling away now. I'll have to put a blowoff tube on it soon. 24L with the American wheat yeast will definitely be a bit much. :unsure:

Personally, I don't care either way on the champagne bottles. KoNG (?) used them before I think.

So, Barramundi's next in the queue. What do you think mate?

Latest posts

Back